SGRevan

'Observation' Trophy Thoughts

17 posts in this topic

Most of them are story related.

No platinum, though. :(

And one collectible trophy, I guess?

----

Memory Recovered
Recovered and/or combined all Data Drops.

I can’t believe this game doesn’t have a platinum trophy ☹️ What a letdown.

Omg this list is so boring, I dont get it. How does this even work, do the developer apply to get a platinum for the game, anyone know the procedure? 

List doesn't seem to hard, most sound like there story related

Posted (edited)

Not surprised, but gutted the game doesn't have a platinum, been following it for a while. Will be doing it regardless. 

As red and black are my two favourite colours, I'm also a fan of the game trophy art. 

Edited by phantomfear9494

43 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Not surprised, but gutted the game doesn't have a platinum, been following it for a while. Will be doing it regardless. 

As red and black are my two favourite colours, I'm also a fan of the game trophy art. 

Same here, been curious about this game as is, will play it regardless.  I mean, it's a shame no platinum, but ah well.

Posted (edited)

“Oh my gosh, it doesn’t have a platinum, so I won’t care about the game anymore!”

- Some whiny trophy hunters.

To be honest, I wasn’t interested to this game in the first place, and it looked to be a short small horror experience when it was announced.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

I'll probably pick it up on sale for $5. Not because it doesn't have a platinum but because they want over $30 CAN for it AND who knows how long it is. I can't warrant spending that much on a game that could possibly be done between 2-6 hours.

I don't give a shit about the fact that it doesn't have a plat. I will play it anyway. Fucking amazing

Didn't even realise this was coming out this month. Trophies look easy enough and no plat is fine because the game looks great.

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

“Oh my gosh, it doesn’t have a platinum, so I won’t care about the game anymore!”

- Every single whiny trophy hunters.

To be honest, I wasn’t interested to this game in the first place, and it looked to be a short small horror experience when it was announced.

Not a single trophy hunter in this thread said he or she won’t play the game because it has no platinum trophy - quite the opposite.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Not a single trophy hunter in this thread said he or she won’t play the game because it has no platinum trophy - quite the opposite.

But if you look at other threads, you surely have some who said it.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

38 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

But if you look at other threads, you surely have some who said it.

I think it is valid for people to get upset that a game they are excited won't have a shiny reward at the end, although I agree that people not bothering at all because it doesn't have platinum makes little sense. I'm not too bothered, as I'm principally an Xbox One player, so I'm used to being satisfied by the 100% alone, the Platinum is just a perk of the system for me. 

On this note, though, the system of not having platinum trophies for ALL games doesn't work in 2019.

The argument I used to see was that the easy indie games, good or bad, weren't really deserving of a platinum trophy due to time, effort, cost, or all three depending on the game. Under that model, I kind of understood; previous Xbox 360 indie games typically had no more than 400G, it is what it is. However, when Ratalaika Games and Sometimes You games always come with platinum (Energy Cycle, Super Weekend Mode, etc.), or joke games sell you platinum trophies for pocket change (to the point where Sony pulled 100 Top Rated from the store to then have it rebranded as Slyde), yet Hitman 2 has over 125 trophies without a platinum, something is wrong. This is why I'm glad Xbox now has a base 1000G rule (with exceptions to episodic games that plan on totaling over 1000G eventually), as for every indie game that was an easy 400G, there were incredibly impressive completions ike Super Meat Boy which amounted to 200G.

Since it is on the Epic Game Store, I'll be getting it on Playstation 4 instead.  It doesn't have platinum, but I won't touch the Epic Store with a pole the size of the observable universe.

I've been told game designers from Alien: Isolation's production, were involved with this project.