Map Trading?

eGEORGE__

Anyone interested in trading maps or sharing map portals?

I'm in tier 13 and the maps are getting pretty pricey to acquire off the trade market.  It also seems like expanding the elder influence for shaper fragments may require a lot of extra maps.

We could also combine resources to open up portals to breaches or the alluring abyss.

Edit: Message me if you'd like to try to figure something out or post below to get your name out there. My PSN ID is eGEORGE_ and I'm in the eastern time zone. If we end up needing something more formal I can create a session on the site. Also I think there is a region lock on the game because I couldn't party up with a friend from Germany.

Edited by eGEORGE_
Someone complained that I didnt post my time zone
  • Like 1

I'm going to assume you're in America, since most Americans think they're at the centre of the universe and never post what timezone they're in, not considering the entire world has access to this site and the console is sold globally.

I, on the other hand, am in Australia and can't play PoE on most US gateways because of the horribad input lag and desync we get (though US West is bearable, just). I'd be happy to swap maps, but I'm only up to T7/8 at the moment.

8 minutes ago, IronMask75 said:

I'm going to assume you're in America, since most Americans think they're at the centre of the universe and never post what timezone they're in, not considering the entire world has access to this site and the console is sold globally.

I, on the other hand, am in Australia and can't play PoE on most US gateways because of the horribad input lag and desync we get (though US West is bearable, just). I'd be happy to swap maps, but I'm only up to T7/8 at the moment.

Wow, acting like you are incredibly superior and being an outright douche when simple mistakes are made must be a trademark of your country, then?

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, IronMask75 said:

No thanks.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, eGEORGE_ said:

Anyone interested in trading maps or sharing map portals?

I'm in tier 13 and the maps are getting pretty pricey to acquire off the trade market.  It also seems like expanding the elder influence for shaper fragments may require a lot of extra maps.

We could also combine resources to open up portals to breaches or the alluring abyss.

Edit: Message me if you'd like to try to figure something out or post below to get your name out there. My PSN ID is eGEORGE_ and I'm in the eastern time zone. If we end up needing something more formal I can create a session on the site. Also I think there is a region lock on the game because I couldn't party up with a friend from Germany.

Hey eGeorge! I think this is a good idea, and would like to throw out the idea of creating a group that could potentially act as helper for people in the end game grind.

I'm not to your level yet, but I think it would be fun to recreate something similar to the No Man's Sky taxi service. I always enjoy helping others and this is one of those games that if anyone is done with the trophies and wants to donate their currency to helping others, I would be willing to run it for a few months. 

I don't know how large the community on this could potentially get, but I have linked my No Man's Sky taxi service just as some background on what I'm talking about. I ran the service for about eight months I think and once I have the platinum in this game could do something similar if I had some help. So anyone reading this who may be done with the game after they get their trophies, hit me or eGeorge if they want to donate to the cause. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pineapple-Hero88 said:

Hey dude I’m about finished my red and yellows. I can drop you ones you need, even have some low unique maps if you haven’t done them either.  Shoot me a friend request. I’m in Australia so our times might be wack but I’m online most nights. 

That is incredibly cool of you. George or I will reach out. 

I need to write up something like a small end game guide and potentially start a taxi thread so we can generate a larger user base with this game. The more we can convince people that the game is grindy, but they will have help, the more people that we can trade with. 

• Like 1

Are you guys planning on moving to standard league once this one is over, or are you going to be rolling a new character for Legion. I have an 86 arc witch in Synthesis right now, into yellow maps. I am somewhat hesitant to dump anymore currency into her, as she is getting really frail and the majority of the evasion moves I have just rubber band me back into death. I plan on doing a molten strike tank for Legion, so I would be glad to get some kind of cooperative thing going on. Things seem to sell  faster in league, so it is a better way to make money as well, if you can deal with the PS4 interface. I'm pretty much solo for this game, so I would not mind having some fellow trophy hunters to work with. Also you guys may want to look into the hall of Grandmasters. It is going to take some very specific builds to get through that one, mainly some kind of damage that the game does not consider a hit.

26 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

Things seem to sell  faster in league

As compared to... what? Barely anyone playing standart right now because everyone started in a league and the game on ps4 not even one league old. I highly doubt that most of the people will jump to Legion immediately.

21 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

As compared to... what? Barely anyone playing standart right now because everyone started in a league and the game on ps4 not even one league old. I highly doubt that most of the people will jump to Legion immediately.

As compared to the game on both Xbox and PC. The value of items comes down in standard, as there is a constant influx of items shuffling in from league. At the same time a decent amount of the player base is going to be in league at any given time, and a good majority of those in standard already have gear to a certain amount. Therefore they have no need to buy middling items, only things in the top percents have a real chance to sell, something that will continue to compound as the time since release grows. In league however you always have a cycle of new people who need things. Mid tier items, mid tier maps, currency, gems, ect all need to be reacquired, so there is a faster moving market for these things. For this league you had a lot of people selling gear that was entry level to mapping and making good money on it, at first, because as people came into mapping they were gearing up and moving to endgame. That dropped off after a while and shifted to upper mid tier items, currency and maps being sold. Those have now dried up as well, as no one is putting money into stuff for this league knowing it is going to shift to standard. This trend will repeat over and over as new leagues come and go. Also why would they not jump into Legion immediately. Its kinda the point of this game, most of the causal day one players have moved on. Anyone still here is likely to remain here for some time. Legion has new items, new mechanics, and is going to be advertised. I imagine a good portion of the people playing will move onto it, it keeps the game fresh. You might see more trophy hunters move to standard, as it is counter productive to roll a new character if your only goal is to get trophy's, but we all know we are in the minority here.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...