American Fugitive Trophy Discussion

snakebit10

Certainly I see a lot of references to the old GTA games. Looks interesting. I suspect it’s going to be quite time consuming. 

This is also a good demonstration of how to do a list well. Some great trophy names, and some unique sounding requirements.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:10 PM, DEI2EK said:

this game looks really neat, like if GTA 2 was in HD

trophies look a bit difficult at first glance but idk.

i might have to grab this one on launch instead of waiting for a sale

It's on sale now on PSN with a PS+ discount, around 15€ depending on your local currency

Getting the golds on the time trials was easy, I did most of them first try. But finding all the safe codes, flyers, paintings, jumps etc might be a pain in the ass. It doesn't really help when you get a journal full of notes with clues and the game doesn't tell you which ones are still relevant or complete. I'm not sure if the game is popular enough for someone to make a proper guide

@Rammstone Can you say something more about the game (seeing that you currently have the highest completion percentage)? Is it that long or that difficult that after a couple of days no one has gotten the platinum yet? Are the missions varied or repetitive? Do you generally recommend it? I hope that's not too many questions but I've been eyeing this game these past two days and can't decide whether to get it now or not (it's not even about the price as with the PS+ discount the price is very acceptable, it's more the question if I should add it to the already existing large backlog).

• Like 1

The collectable trophies are an absolute pain in the ass.

the 30 jumps you have to perform aren't THAT bad as they usually have some glowing lights around 'em and are relatively close to the roads (atleast so far in my experience, 10 jumps in).

The main issue i have with the game atm are the stashes. Now some of 'em are easily found, and you can get an upgrade when a stash is reasonably close so those are no biggies, but the issue is when you get into a building with a stash and a note that says something like "we stole this from riverside cabin".

The fucking map doesn't name anything, there's nothing indicating where riverside cabin IS unless you've passed by it nonchalantly at some point or coincidentally already robbed the place and still remember exactly where that was.  So now you're sitting there with a 200kg safe that you can't move, can't store, can't mark in any way aside from taking a screenshot and noting it down manually, hoping the note for the solution isn't already buried deep in the pile of shit you've already picked up from previous robberies since the notes aren't removed or given any mention when they become useless.

And there's atleast 3 bunkers i've found that have no mention in the relevant house so you're fucked either way.

That shit ain't fun, full stop. The rest of the game is pretty entertaining, but for trophy purposes the fucking stashes are officially "no fun allowed" territory.

If the map updated as you visited adresses/areas it wouldn't be so bad but right now it's a big fuck you, figure it out scrub.

So have fun robbing the entire town 3 times over just to find a note that might be relevant in the near future, then hope you remember you have that note when you do find a stash that's locked up with a code.

Fucking stupid.

EDIT: oh yeah and you have to rob literally every house and business anyways because there's no indication where the paintings are. It turns what is a fun side mechanic into a chore. Hope someone has the tenacity to write a walkthrough because I sure won't comb over the town 3-4 times over because nothing is recorded properly. But hey, atleast I know how many kilometers i've walked.

Edited by Sanetsuken
  • Like 4

On 24/05/2019 at 5:14 AM, Sanetsuken said:

The collectable trophies are an absolute pain in the ass.

the 30 jumps you have to perform aren't THAT bad as they usually have some glowing lights around 'em and are relatively close to the roads (atleast so far in my experience, 10 jumps in).

The main issue i have with the game atm are the stashes. Now some of 'em are easily found, and you can get an upgrade when a stash is reasonably close so those are no biggies, but the issue is when you get into a building with a stash and a note that says something like "we stole this from riverside cabin".

The fucking map doesn't name anything, there's nothing indicating where riverside cabin IS unless you've passed by it nonchalantly at some point or coincidentally already robbed the place and still remember exactly where that was.  So now you're sitting there with a 200kg safe that you can't move, can't store, can't mark in any way aside from taking a screenshot and noting it down manually, hoping the note for the solution isn't already buried deep in the pile of shit you've already picked up from previous robberies since the notes aren't removed or given any mention when they become useless.

And there's atleast 3 bunkers i've found that have no mention in the relevant house so you're fucked either way.

That shit ain't fun, full stop. The rest of the game is pretty entertaining, but for trophy purposes the fucking stashes are officially "no fun allowed" territory.

If the map updated as you visited adresses/areas it wouldn't be so bad but right now it's a big fuck you, figure it out scrub.

So have fun robbing the entire town 3 times over just to find a note that might be relevant in the near future, then hope you remember you have that note when you do find a stash that's locked up with a code.

Fucking stupid.

EDIT: oh yeah and you have to rob literally every house and business anyways because there's no indication where the paintings are. It turns what is a fun side mechanic into a chore. Hope someone has the tenacity to write a walkthrough because I sure won't comb over the town 3-4 times over because nothing is recorded properly. But hey, atleast I know how many kilometers i've walked.

I am sorry but your post made me burst out laughing. I like your choice of words. I completely agree with everything you are saying though, there is no fun in going around wasting a lot of time looking for something you don't know where is, and you can also easily miss it.

I did ask a dev on twitter and he said adding location names to the map is on their priority list so at least there is that. I asked him to please clean up the journal as well so we can hope.

Edited by Rammstone
  • Like 2

I am on it peeps! I will attempt to log my progression throughout the game :) I haven't come too far yet though.

I have found about 20 stashes and a bunch of paintings still and I will map them all out on images. Will post them when I get somewhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n1rium said:

I am on it peeps! I will attempt to log my progression throughout the game :) I haven't come too far yet though.

I have found about 20 stashes and a bunch of paintings still and I will map them all out on images. Will post them when I get somewhere

Cool. Let me know if you need any help. I can't promise I will remember everything but I'll try