Avatar_Of_Battle

Upcoming DLC

101 posts in this topic

2 DLC were announced not long ago that thankfully have stories. Spoilers ahead as well as here where you can read in full about the DLC planned for Summer 2019 and early 2020.

 

First story DLC has us playing the original footsteps of Kirill's father that Miller later retraces.

The other deals with Sam, a US Marine, who is a crew member of the Aurora.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all sounds delicious, specially the second one but to bad we have to wait until next year for that one.  

 

Thanks for the news! 👍

Edited by Fr_0zt
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the info, I thought I had bought the season pass for nothing lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are these worth it, $14 on sale and 23$ reg for 2 dlcs is kind of expensive

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

are these worth it, $14 on sale and 23$ reg for 2 dlcs is kind of expensive

I thought the 1st dlc was horrible but that's just me.  The 2nd isn't out yet.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

are these worth it, $14 on sale and 23$ reg for 2 dlcs is kind of expensive

 

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

I thought the 1st dlc was horrible but that's just me.  The 2nd isn't out yet.

 

In my opinion was the first DLC alright but far from good or fantastic.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 4:25 AM, melodicmizery said:

are these worth it, $14 on sale and 23$ reg for 2 dlcs is kind of expensive

 

If you loved Metro 2033 and Last Light, the 1st DLC goes back to what Metro is.. If you enjoyed whatever Exodus main game tries out, then you won't.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New DLC Sam's Story comes February 11, 2020

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't really a fan of the open environment design. Didn't feel compelled to finish the base game, which is sad because I love the first two games. If they release a complete disc version, I'll probably go back.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, zizimonster said:

New DLC Sam's Story comes February 11, 2020

 

So excited about this!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not particularly happy that they're ending the dlc here. They had a lot of stuff to pull from in this game. They could at least do 1 DLC per area in the same vein as Metro Last Light where we got to play as a soldier from another faction. I know another game was confirmed a while back and their efforts are probably going to that, but that wait is gonna suck and chances are it won't even come out on the PS4.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Not particularly happy that they're ending the dlc here. They had a lot of stuff to pull from in this game. They could at least do 1 DLC per area in the same vein as Metro Last Light where we got to play as a soldier from another faction. I know another game was confirmed a while back and their efforts are probably going to that, but that wait is gonna suck and chances are it won't even come out on the PS4.

1. Another Metro game? I hadn't heard about that. Any details?

2. Personally, I'm glad there won't be anymore DLC. I have the unpopular opinion (I'm aware) that Exodus was the worst of the 3 games. The game was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but there were so many bugs and glitches, bad script and voice acting, and the never-ending loading times... I'm ready for this game to be over and to move on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

1. Another Metro game? I hadn't heard about that. Any details?

2. Personally, I'm glad there won't be anymore DLC. I have the unpopular opinion (I'm aware) that Exodus was the worst of the 3 games. The game was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but there were so many bugs and glitches, bad script and voice acting, and the never-ending loading times... I'm ready for this game to be over and to move on.

The author of the books who works closely with the developers of the game confirmed it last year that he is working on new stories for the franchise to continue after Exodus and it's obvious he's talking about the games and not the books.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/metro-exodus-sequel-confirmed/

 

I agree that Exodus was the weakest of the trilogy, but lets face it, none of the games in the trilogy have been technically well made or had good voice acting and yet they are, in my opinion, absolutely amazing games. Last Light being my favourite.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I agree that Exodus was the weakest of the trilogy, but lets face it, none of the games in the trilogy have been technically well made or had good voice acting and yet they are, in my opinion, absolutely amazing games. Last Light being my favourite.

Fair point. I cant argue with that. And to be honest, if/when another Metro game comes out, they're gonna get my money again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

1. Another Metro game? I hadn't heard about that. Any details?

2. Personally, I'm glad there won't be anymore DLC. I have the unpopular opinion (I'm aware) that Exodus was the worst of the 3 games. The game was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but there were so many bugs and glitches, bad script and voice acting, and the never-ending loading times... I'm ready for this game to be over and to move on.

 

@jonesey46 pretty much said everything I would have lol.

 

  • Author confirmed.
  • The series isn't a technical marvel or masterpiece of voice acting by any stretch. (although I hear it's better in its native tongue)
  • Only thing I differ on is the favorite and mine is 2033. :P

 

Another thing, a lot of games nowadays have never ending loading times unfortunately. AC Odyssey and Dragon Age: Inquisition make Exodus look like a F-22 race someone in a hang glider. -_-

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be more happy if they make another linear story like the previous dlc. I'm not the biggest fan of the open world metro, because for me the world felt empty and boring. I love the stalker difficulty, less ammo, every monster can easly kill you but what is the point of killing any of them if they dont drop anything and you cant get any materials from them like every other open world RPG. You lose more than you get so I always just ran past them, and why you cant exchange/trade with other people.

 

Maybe they will learn and make the DLC better or the next game, but as you guys said it is the worst metro by far even if you dont count glitches and bugs. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demek97 said:

I will be more happy if they make another linear story like the previous dlc. I'm not the biggest fan of the open world metro, because for me the world felt empty and boring.

 

This isn't directly aimed at you, but I see a lot of comments like this and it just makes me scratch my head all the time for plenty of games.

Like people complaining that AC Origins was too bland because it was one color. It's the goddamn desert. Dafuq you want from sand?

 

For Exodus though? The outside is supposed to be empty look at the situation of the world. There wouldn't be droves of people out there over every landscape. Especially since some places are still uninhabitable and some spots in habitable places are still hot spots for radiation. Then there are the "monsters" that would/should keep outside civilizations to pocket communities. It was basically the same in the Metro but you felt it more because it was closed in. Actually, being closed in can make some people feel safer than being alone and exposed outside.

 

2 hours ago, Demek97 said:

love the stalker difficulty, less ammo, every monster can easly kill you but what is the point of killing any of them if they dont drop anything and you cant get any materials from them like every other open world RPG. You lose more than you get so I always just ran past them, and why you cant exchange/trade with other people.

 

The bold is easily explainable. Nobody liked our asses coming through their community lmfao. Literally everywhere we went we were seen as devils or intruders. Yeah there was a potential ally or 2...but really only for story purposes. As for enemy drops, can't really be a complaint here since we didn't get anything from them, non-humans at least, from the previous 2 games. It was countered with having a guy that could craft new inventions for you. Unlike the other games you are part of a rather large team and since you're the guy that gets it done the others do the scavenging is how I saw it.

 

The only complaint I, and many people in these forums, had is the lack of being able to clean your weapon without a bench. :S Now that decision made no sense to me considering you had everything on you but a standing table.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone knows why I can't start  first DLC? I bought phisycall copy and redeemed a code and downloaded add on from PS store. When I get in the main menu and click on DLC it just leads me back to ps store where it says two colonels are already purchased.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rakinho993 said:

Anyone knows why I can't start  first DLC? I bought phisycall copy and redeemed a code and downloaded add on from PS store. When I get in the main menu and click on DLC it just leads me back to ps store where it says two colonels are already purchased.

Have you tried restoring licenses?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Demek97 said:

I will be more happy if they make another linear story like the previous dlc. I'm not the biggest fan of the open world metro, because for me the world felt empty and boring. I love the stalker difficulty, less ammo, every monster can easly kill you but what is the point of killing any of them if they dont drop anything and you cant get any materials from them like every other open world RPG. You lose more than you get so I always just ran past them, and why you cant exchange/trade with other people.

 

Maybe they will learn and make the DLC better or the next game, but as you guys said it is the worst metro by far even if you dont count glitches and bugs. 

 

I loved the sand box metro (if you count it as sandbox ofc) from Metro last light - polis KSHATRIYA. That one was really awesome.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about the cleaning, that was 100% bs on higher difficulties. 

 

I know you didnt get anything from killing mutants in previous games, but when you make open world they at least could give you something like fangs. In Metro 2033 you had to fight with them but in Exodus you could just ran past them and for me those encounters had no sense at all. In any other Rpgs you lvl-up your character, get loot or kill them to complete a quest, in Exodus... they are here because the world would be even more empty. I like the design of the world so dont get my wrong, its just lack of things to do in this open world sections. 

 

At the end of the second chapter you take a boat from traders, so why they dont want to trade with you, or better question why they never appear in the game again ? I thought traders would like to trade with you as a military guy with a plenty of resources, but for some reason everybody hates you and wants to kill you, even if you spare every one in the entire game.I know you attack them to get to the bridge, but if I remeber correctly they dont belong to the cult as they hate technology so why do you even attack them if you could just ask politley. Maybe I'm wrong who knows.

 

I would love to give this game 10/10 but its not even close. I say bad things about the game only because I want the next one to be close to perfection. Its just lack of side-quests, characters/npsc you would care and objectives in killing anything besides bandits/thugs for loot. The main story was pretty good and I LOVE the more linear stuff at the end. 

Edited by Demek97
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 9:08 AM, Demek97 said:

I forgot about the cleaning, that was 100% bs on higher difficulties. 

 

I know you didnt get anything from killing mutants in previous games, but when you make open world they at least could give you something like fangs. In Metro 2033 you had to fight with them but in Exodus you could just ran past them and for me those encounters had no sense at all. In any other Rpgs you lvl-up your character, get loot or kill them to complete a quest, in Exodus... they are here because the world would be even more empty. I like the design of the world so dont get my wrong, its just lack of things to do in this open world sections. 

 

I'm going to address the bold text at the end of this comment. Most times I think people zero in on a few parts and forget the entire game. I didn't really see what you were doing as "quests" in this game. It was more like "if you don't do this you're screwed bro" lol. Everything you did was to move on not get rewarded. (mostly at least. If you really want to go deeper then the "quests" were what determined the moral outcome of each situation. You didn't have to find the woman's mother in the bunker. You didn't have to save the guys that give you a key to something, or save some poor bastard from a cage lol. Didn't have to free the slaves in Caspian, but in doing so the reward isn't physical it's karma based like the previous entries) Metro isn't an RPG though. It never had those aspects. No leveling or skill building. This might be why your viewpoint is the way it is. You're viewing it in the wrong genre.

 

Quote

At the end of the second chapter you take a boat from traders, so why they dont want to trade with you, or better question why they never appear in the game again ? I thought traders would like to trade with you as a military guy with a plenty of resources, but for some reason everybody hates you and wants to kill you, even if you spare every one in the entire game.I know you attack them to get to the bridge, but if I remeber correctly they dont belong to the cult as they hate technology so why do you even attack them if you could just ask politley. Maybe I'm wrong who knows.

 

It was pretty clearly stated that everyone in Volga, and everywhere else except Yamantau for obvious reasons lol, viewed you cautiously. News had spread about outsiders using technology and just about everyone aside from the kid and her mom distrusted it or the older people didn't want the hassle of dealing with the fanatical younger people. Volga consisted of 3 types of people. Cult followers, people that just tolerated their presence but weren't wholly of the same mindset, and bandits. Nobody cared about bandits because well...they're a pain in everyone's ass. :dunno: even in Last Light on the PS3 there's a section where they can be killed if I'm not mistaken even if you're going for Shadow Ranger because they're "the bad guys". Eh...you don't ask bandits anything politely. The train car you steal from them is part of their "home" after all it's not as if they were gonna be ok with you wanting it...and in a situation like that they'd likely just shoot you instead of entertaining you. People aren't that great in civilized situations let alone in a post-apocalyptic world where they have free reign to do as they please.

 

Quote

 

I would love to give this game 10/10 but its not even close. I say bad things about the game only because I want the next one to be close to perfection. Its just lack of side-quests, characters/npsc you would care and objectives in killing anything besides bandits/thugs for loot. The main story was pretty good and I LOVE the more linear stuff at the end. 

 

Again I understand, but if we put bias aside no game is truly gonna be 10/10. I much prefer the linear aspect of Metro to the open world we got, but I also think of where the story has to go from where Last Light left off. Outside had to be endgame and knowing that it was being kept a secret made it much more appealing to venture out into. Other things to think about now are other parts of the world. It would be fantastic if we got side games, as long as the author was ok with it, where we got to play in other parts of the world. Do things like Anomalies exist there? What kind of mutated creatures exist?

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
spelling errors
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Have you tried restoring licenses?

Hi no I didn't. never done that before....but I saw an option..If I do that I can't do any harm to anything else? Only clever search to restore licenses?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.