Bought a PS3 in 2019, what are some 100% Recommendations?

SasquatchSaul

As title suggests I've purchased a PS3 in 2019, there're a lot of games I've owned digitally that I'll have access too, but I was looking for recommendations. I already have a ps4 so any game that can be played in a remastered state through there will naturally be preferred to the ps3 version.

That said, here are some of my picks:

- Mass Effect Trilogy

- Dead Space

- Red Dead Redemption

- Demons Souls

- Metal Gear Solid 2-4/Peace Walker

- God of War

- Ratchet and Clank

- inFamous

I'm mainly looking for single player games that still have 100%able trophy lists, multiplayer is fine as long as servers are still up ;)

Cheers!

P.S unrelated but are there any decent split/screen couch co op titles on ps3? PS4 definitely lacks in that regard and it'd be cool to have more local co op games.

• Like 4

Aside from the suggestions others have already given:

Grand Theft Auto IV (The plat is extremely grindy, but the game is awesome)

Dragon Age trilogy (play Origins and 2 on PS3, Inquisition on PS4. Trust me)

Spec Ops: The Line

Ico

Shadow of the Colossus (if you haven't played the original or the PS3 remaster)

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (personal favorite Splinter Cell game). Unfortunately I read a while back the servers were gone, but I'm not sure.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (had a lot of fun with this plat, game's pretty good)

Just Cause 2

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Final Fantasy XIII (if you like RPGs and Final Fantasy in general... But I'll be the first one to say the storytelling in this game is quite weak, and only the first game in the trilogy is actually solid IMO).

Also, it's been mentioned already but I'm seconding it: if you haven't played it yet, Mass Effect 1-3 are some of the best games of the 7th generation.

I'd say Fallout 3 and New Vegas (my favorite) too, but Bethesda games tend to be a mess on PS3. Some people say it becomes more manageable if you disable autosave though. If you do have a chance, definitely check them out.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

5 games to play and enjoy

Sleeping Dogs

Bioshock Infinite

Far Cry 3

Prototype 2

The Darkness II

All maxable and all great games

Enjoy mate. The PS3 is still brilliant

All of them except the darkness 2 are on ps4 ;)

And I personally would rather recommend prototype 1 instead of 2.

Anyway, games I would recommend that don't have ps4 remasters:

- Deus Ex Human Revolution

- The Crysis Trilogy (Unfortunately the servers for crysis 2 are already shut)

- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

- Wolfenstein 2009

- Singularity

- Syndicate 

- Max Payne 3

- Mafia II 

- The Darkness 2

- Spec Ops The Line

As for games I would highly recommend, but have remasters on PS4

- Darksiders series

- Dishonored series

- Skyrim

- Bioshock series

- Sleeping Dogs

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

Just Cause 2

Mirror's Edge

F.E.A.R 3

Driver: San Francisco

Alice: Madness Returns

Max Payne 3

Those would be some of my own recommendations. But for course there is a huge amount of quality games for the platform. It all depends on what you like. There are a lot of racing games and shooters like COD and BF that are still obtainable and to mention them here would probably be a bit overkill.

What you said plus:

The first Assassin's Creed (it's pretty bad imo but it's good if you want to know lore stuff and how it all begun)

Max Payne 3

Call of Duty series (including Cod Classic, W@W, Mw2, Black Ops 1)

Tomb Raider Trilogy (good games, especially if you grew up with Lara)

Mafia II

LittleBigPlanet

The Saboteur

Dante's Inferno

• Like 2

Just now, pinkrobot_pb said:

Those would be some of my own recommendations. But for course there is a huge amount of quality games for the platform. It all depends on what you like. There are a lot of racing games and shooters like COD and BF that are still obtainable and to mention them here would probably be a bit overkill.

Exactly. Just be careful with Call of Duty games on PS3. I heard they have a lot of hacked lobbies that insta-pop all trophies at once or something. Nice way to ruin the platinum and your trophy list, since you'll have to hide it or risk getting flagged.

Without a doubt i could recommend:

- Dead Space 1 & 2

- Max Payne 3

- Fallout 3 and New Vegas

- the Souls Series

- Blur

- Metal Gear Solid Series

- Ratchet & Clank Collection 

- Bioshock Series

- Kingdom Hearts Series 

- GTA IV 

- Cod MW2

- Ni No Kuni

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

If it's your thing, most of the Dynasty Warriors games are split screen coop and only on PS3.

Probably the very best one to get (and also the easiest and shortest platinum) is Fist Of The North Star Ken's Rage, particulary violent and one of the the modes and levelling up of characters etc can all be done on split screen coop. 0% online trophies. Has both English and Japanese dialogue, probably cheap as chips now, check it out on youtube if multi enemy brawler fighting games are your thing.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/554-fist-of-the-north-star-kens-rage/

The Sly Trilogy is fantastic if you've not already checked it out on PS2 or Vita, for some reason they're still not on PS4. Also Sly 4 is a good romp too.

The Amazing Spider-Man movie games are fun. I mean, they're nowhere near Spider-Man PS4 or Spider-Man 2 on PS2, but they're cheap, fun, and a quick plat.

Grand Theft Auto IV is a fantastic game and easy single player 100%, multiplayer is an absolute grind but I mean, if you enjoy it, go for it.

A lot of other games I'd recommend like Duke Nukem 3D (never mind, that's on PS4), Simpsons Arcade, OutRun Online, or Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD are all delisted unfortunately. 

• Like 1

I'd recommend adding these games to your list:

• Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Sonic Unleashed (despite the werehog sections, the rest of the game is very fun!)
  • Sonic Generations
  • Catherine (unless you want to wait for the updated version, which hasn't been released yet on PS4)

P.S.: I'd recommend playing the Mass Effect games before anything else. The first one has aged a lot since, but the rest of the trilogy is really solid.

• Like 1

Vanquish, a brilliant sci-fi third-person shooter

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: a kart racer, which is imo better than Mario Kart

Double Dragon Neon: awesome brawler with the 80s vibe

Otherwise as previously cited: Spec Ops: The Line, Mass Effect trilogy, Dead Space trilogy, Skyrim, NieR

Edited by FrenchDevil54
Added Double dragon neon
  • Like 2

My personal recommendations:

• Demon's Souls
  • Every Ratchet & Clank game, incl. HD trilogy
  • Sly Cooper games
  • NieR
  • Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (the remake is fine... but not the same)
  • Jak & Daxter trilogy is superior on the PS3
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Most PlatinumGames (Vanquish, MGR, Bayonetta)
  • Ninja Gaiden trilogy

46 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Simpsons Arcade, 

Konami the idiots, delisted many of their good arcade games, X-Men, Turtles etc, not just The Simpsons, I got them back in the day and it's such a shame now people can't go back now and get them. :(

• Like 1

I won’t recommend anything that has been remastered on PS4, as they are almost alway the better way to play them, but I think these are all gems:

Syndicate

3D Dot Game Heroes

Remember Me

Singularity

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Portal 2

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

• Like 4

Try the Final Fantasy 13 Trilogy, I really love it and just have to recommend it. The thing with this game is though, you need to play all three games and look at the story as a whole, that makes the games way better, or should I say, you understand everything by then. If it chatches your interest and if you at least try to like, you might end up loving it. But that's completely up to you and what games you generally like.
Other than that I'd recommend Risen 2/3 (even though the first game isn't on any console). The story is interesting, it has a different type of combat and skill system than most games and there's enough to explore, let me tell you that ?
If you haven't played Disgaea before, try the triple play collection with 3, 4 and 2D. It's not and open world RPG, though. If you like anime (-style), have a good sense of humor and don't hate tactical play, than these games are for you !
Lastly I'd mention the Tales of games, to be precise Xillia 1+2, Graces f and Symphonia (didn't play Symphonia yet, but I bet it's as good as the other ones).
Same as Disgaea, these are typical JRPGs with anime style, but of course it's a RPG, so plenty of exploration, good stories, lovable characters, many monsters, skills, leveling, etc...

And by the way, all these games have beautiful and epic soundtracks! ?

Most games I’d recommend already have a PS4 iteration but for those that don’t:

Max Payne 3

Puppeteer

Bayonetta

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Dead Space 1&2 (3 is meh)

InFamous 1&2

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

• Like 1

Also, do not take this the wrong way, but I see you have only a 22% completion on your profile. I would find that a good reason to not let unobtainable 100%'s bother me at all. Especially when starting with a PS3 in 2019, just play what you want to play. You would not want to miss out on great games like Portal 2, Killzone 2 and 3, etc, only because you can not get some of those trophies anymore.

• Like 2