Elden Ring (February 25, 2022)

ziggypossum

Good to hear!

Upgrade Your PS4/Xbox One Version to New-Gen

Elden Ring will include an upgrade path for players who purchase it on the previous-gen and then upgrade to a PS5 or Xbox Series X|S. For Xbox owners, this will be done through Smart Delivery, while PlayStation players will likely need to download an update for disc and digital copies.  

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-largest-from-software-game-details-revealed

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

HOLY SHIT I'M SO EXCITED

R0vG7vL.jpg

image.png

image.png

1231322323.png

BtCfttL.gif

vNZalU2.gif

Sweet mother of god this game looks phenomenal. And so gorgeous! I’m so excited.

15 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

It really seems as though From Software struggles with making their games look, feel, and play differently from one another.  

In my opinion, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I understand a lot of people want to see evolution and growth, but in my experience, when it comes to a lot of things like games and especially bands/music, this is not always a positive thing. Quite often you end up nostalgic and longing for that old thing that was so perfect before it all changed and became something unrecognizable.

The Soulsborne games have evolved in a lot of ways you’d expect, such as graphics, fluidity of movement and combat, and other features that keep the games up to modern standards. Their recent game Sekiro was familiar enough, yet also drastically different in it’s approach and combat style that it provided a totally new experience and the most challenging one yet.

However, so far From Software has never lost sight of that magic formula - that ‘thing’ that makes a From Software experience so unique. And I fucking love them for this. They stay true to their roots and never forget what the fans love about their games.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Sweet mother of god this game looks phenomenal. And so gorgeous! I’m so excited.

In my opinion, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I understand a lot of people want to see evolution and growth, but in my experience, when it comes to a lot of things like games and especially bands/music, this is not always a positive thing. Quite often you end up nostalgic and longing for that old thing that was so perfect before it all changed and became something unrecognizable.

The Soulsborne games have evolved in a lot of ways you’d expect, such as graphics, fluidity of movement and combat, and other features that keep the games up to modern standards. Their recent game Sekiro was familiar enough, yet also drastically different in it’s approach and combat style that it provided a totally new experience and the most challenging one yet.

However, so far From Software has never lost sight of that magic formula - that ‘thing’ that makes a From Software experience so unique. And I fucking love them for this. They stay true to their roots and never forget what the fans love about their games.

I understand that.  I debate all the time when people say that "gameplay offers nothing new" or "same repetitive mission structures", there is only so many things that developers can do.  I believe we are at a point where game structures are what they are, and to me that is fine.

I love the Tenchu Series,, Demon's Souls, and Sekiro.  What I am talking about with From Software is that their animations for example are the same.  Sekiro (again, which I loved) have the same Animations as Tenchu.  Which was nostalgic for me.  But, it is starting to get tiresome for me.  

For example, BioWare.  Same structures for DA, and ME.  But they look, feel, and play different.  It almost feels, to me, that FS is falling under the Ubisoft umbrella.  All their games feel, look, and play the same.  I may be crazy in that regard.  But it has been a long time now, that their animations are the same as their other games.  

Elden Ring will feature online multiplayer ‘for up to 4 players’

BANDAI NAMCO REVEALS NEW DETAILS ABOUT HIGHLY ANTICIPATED FROM SOFTWARE GAME

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/elden-ring-will-feature-online-multiplayer-for-up-to-4-players/

gZiZigR.gif

ubjyDW2.gif

dhpkGuh.gif

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT