Elden Ring (February 25, 2022)

ziggypossum

25 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Don’t remind of that. I remember farming for hours for the Proof of a Concord Kept. I never want to fight another silver knight again ever ? I’m hoping for an enjoyable trophy list and some actual story this time since GRRM is involved. 

I got my concord kept AFK a lot of them because you can kill those two knights and then equip that covenant and get pulled into duels.  Since you will many times be sitting AFK away from the action they will kill the invader before anyone finds you.  I literally got 4 while taking a shower one day.  While that was a obscene amount it is possible to leave it on for long periods like that as the game doesn't kick you for being idle.

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I’m hoping for an enjoyable trophy list and some actual story this time since GRRM is involved. 

I doubt the Soulsborne narrative style will change much, but I don't actually know a lot about the game, beyond the videos and screenshots. My guess is that George just wrote the lore/backstory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elden Ring Collector's Edition Outed Ahead of Gameplay Reveal

Updated with Premium Collector's Edition

L5lLfNk.jpg

gj42MWD.jpg

oQQzFqL.jpg

tJjEzIC.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 2

Tempting as it is to see 19 minutes of the game, this is the only series where I actually care about being spoiled, so I'll just take everyone's word that it's the greatest thing ever. I want to go in as blind as possible.

I expect this Malenia character will be a Maria-esque boss.

• Like 1

Elden Ring Specs and Compatibility 

Below you can find the game specs for Elden Ring as well as the compatibility options between old and new generation consoles. 

PlayStation 

PS4 

PS4Pro 

PS5 

Maximum resolution* 

Up to 1920x1080P 

Up to 3200x1800P1 

Up to 3840x2160P 

Framerate 

Up to 30 FPS 

Up to 30 FPS 

Up to 60 FPS2 

HDR* 

Supported 

Raytracing (via patch) 

- 

- 

Supported 

The PS4 version can be ported to PS5 and the save data can be transferred to the newest generation. However, the PS5 version cannot be ported to PS4. If you port your PS4 game to PS5 and continue to play, your saves files cannot be transferred back to PS4. 

https://service-en.bandainamcoent.eu/app/detail/a_id/5459/m/ELDEN RING/

On 2021-06-14 at 5:57 PM, PeachesPK said:

Day 1 pre order. So excited. 

Also, I'm a sucker for the lore and theories in these games. So I'm just gonna throw one out there. I'm convinced this world is the same as Dark Souls. Obviously far in the future. The age of fire is over and now it's the age of gold? (Golden Order and your character being called tarnished). But there are things in there that show these new beings still know about Gwyn's time and maybe even worship him. Similar to DS3, but to a lesser extent. You can see a painting of someone who looks an awful lot like Gwyn in the screenshot with the lady/knight chilling in the dark room. You have Gwyn's castle from Anor Londo still there. Maybe plucked away to preserve it? And then the dragon throwing Gwyn's lightning bolts (he wouldn't like that).

I can't wait to see what other hints they have to make you say "OK, this may be the same world". 

Interesting theory! I’m not convinced that there is any connection to the Dark Souls universe myself, but perhaps we will see. I did read somewhere though that George R. R. Martin constructed a very deep mythology for the world it’s set in that supposedly goes back thousands of years and covers some major historical events and characters.

With GRRM’s involvement, there’s a decent possibility that Elden Ring could have some of the richest and deepest lore to uncover of any Soulsborne-style games yet, so if you’re a sucker for From Software’s style of lore, mythology and the fan theories that come with it, I’m sure you’ll be in for a real treat with this one!

And omg @ziggypossum I’m super jealous. Congratulations!!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

Anyone else get accepted for the network test?

Got my code last night via email.

I have a screenshot to prove I got picked but I don't know how to attach it to this post.

I was hoping to take screenshots/videos during my play time but it seems they thought of this ahead of time, and the game blocked shareplay/image capture when I loaded it up to see if I could see the settings.

10 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I didn't realize this is a souls type game. Played for 5min a deleted it. 

It’s been known for quite some time that it’d be souls-like in nature though, but with a different setting, story, etc. Is the fact that it is so similar to the other games that turns you away from it? I think the game looks absolutely stunning imo!

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

It’s been known for quite some time that it’d be souls-like in nature though, but with a different setting, story, etc. Is the fact that it is so similar to the other games that turns you away from it? I think the game looks absolutely stunning imo!

For some reason I thought it was like Skyrim, didn't know it was by From Software. I just really don't like Souls type games, I find them really repetitive. 

18 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

For some reason I thought it was like Skyrim, didn't know it was by From Software. I just really don't like Souls type games, I find them really repetitive. 

I can understand where you’re coming from then. With George R.R. Martin being apart of the project though I can only imagine that there’s a lot more lore involved in the game, whether it be from the characters encountered, item descriptions, or environments. And the most iconic part of FromSoft games are the bosses usually, so maybe the ones in this new game can breathe some fresh air into newcomers of the series and veteran players alike. 

20 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

No need to prove anything, but do post some of your observations.

Played the first session yesterday of the base PS4, theres a lot of content even in just the small area the network test allowed you to play in.

My first observation presented without context: "Land Octopus Ovaries".

Some more important things i'm sure people will be more interested in:

- Elden Ring follows the Fallout New Vegas school of open worlds, meaning nearly everywhere you go or explore, there will be something of interest or use.

Whether it being a crafting item, special weapon, spell etc. So there isn't really any area that that feel pointless to explore.

You see that high cliff/ruins? At the top you may find an item of use or get a better view of hidden area etc.

- The game really feels like the culmination of all modern FromSoft games.

Its take many of the best elements of all there recent games, including Dark Souls 2.

The heavy attack stagger for Bloodborne is here, on most enemies if you land a charged heavy attack, from the their front or back, will put them in an open stagger state with a glowie indicator that you can 'riposte' with, similar in appearance to Sekerio.

Duel wielding 'power stance' from Dark Souls 2 is back as well.

- Co-op has had a bit of an update. I was most interested in this because I like to help others

To see summons sign you have use an item, a bit like how it worked in Bloodborne.

You now have 2 ways to leave your summon sign:

1. The traditional leave it any where you want

2. You use an item that passively 'emits' you summon sign, while you go about exploring.

Your summon sign will then appear near 'summoning posts', usually found not for from a 'Site Of Grace' (a.k.a bonfire).

I used this method while exploring and would get summoned by players on the other side of the map.

There was also a bunch PvP related items but I didn't look into them - I will see next session.

- Spells are fun to use again! They are also pretty strong, so I hope the don't nerf them.

I've been playing the 'Enchanted Knight' and used a few spells, each one have fairly unique animations.

The have different names now but its (so far) the classics trio of Sorceries, Miracles and Pyromancies.

So far Sorceries are linked solely to intelligence, while Pyro and Miracles are tied solely to Faith

- Functionally it play like a Dark Souls game, and the comparisons are very hard to deny.

It uses a lot of the same voice cast, the voice of the Maiden is same as Yorshka from DS3.

This isn't a big deal for me, I personally love to hear regional British accents in these games, a lot more refreshing than generic American voices or the tired old Troy Baker/Nolan North types.

I have noticed many reused animations e.g. the wolves and dogs have the exact same moves/attacks as DS3.

Theres an optional boss right near the starting that I swear has the attack animations as the the giant horse riding samurai boss from Sekerio.

That said there is a lot of new stuff here, its just that if you are as huge as a Souls-Borne player as I am, you will notice these things.   

- No sign of Patches... yet...

Miyazaki is very fond of Patches, and has said in the past he will put him into the games he solely directs.

That why Patches didn't appear in Dark Souls 2 (he didn't direct) or Sekiro (he was co-director).

I was looking for him because my best friend demanded that if I find I was to kick from a great height.

Though not completely unrelated, the 1st NPC you meet directly tells you yo, and I quote, "Go die in a ditch".

The guy sounded similar to Harkwood from DS3, so he could kind of be this games 'crestfallen knight'.

I only had a 3 hour slot so I was kinda rushing around with out really getting much done, so I didn't really get to enjoy it as much as if I had infinite time.

I have another session slot tonight, so if anyone has any questions i'll reply to them later as well as bring in some extra detail. 

I will be focusing of looking into lore/item discoveries. And trying to find the giant pumpkin head i keep seeing player ghosts wearing.

Edited by objectioner
  • Like 2