Elden Ring (February 25, 2022)

ziggypossum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Is this a DLC or a full game? Never seen a Collector's edition for a DLC before?

I assumed that was a collectors edition of the full game, including the DLC - like a GOTY type collectors edition?

• Like 3

Immediately preordered the collector's edition lol. I can't wait for this, it seems really big for an expansion. I hope the expansion is readily accessible but I won't be surprised if it's locked behind a quest line or whatnot. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FlareZero said:

I can't find the PS4 version of the DLC on the store, anyone have the same problem?

Yeah it's only the PS5 version up on PSN Australia so far. I got the PC version of the Collector's Edition since I also play on PC and I wanna get it digitally on my PS4/5 but it looks like the only way to get the expansion for PS4 is to get the Shadow of Erdtree edition which includes the base game... Been meaning to re-platinum this game on PS4 for some time now and it would suck not having access to the expansion even if I bought it on PS5.

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 2/22/2024 at 12:23 AM, FlareZero said:

I can't find the PS4 version of the DLC on the store, anyone have the same problem?

Yeah having the same issue. I checked multiple storefronts and only the asian one says ps4 and ps5 in the title even if rhe image has the ps5 logo only

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Yeah having the same issue. I checked multiple storefronts and only the asian one says ps4 and ps5 in the title even if rhe image has the ps5 logo only

This, someone can check up if the DLC is cross buy?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 4:13 PM, PostGameBlues said:

I hope the expansion is readily accessible but I won't be surprised if it's locked behind a quest line or whatnot. 

You'll need to have taken down Starscourge Radahn and Mohg, Lord of Blood before starting SotE. Miyazaki says the DLC is going to be "on a similar footing to the endgame of Elden Ring" (Eurogamer).

GRRM actually hasn't written fresh material for it. Miyazaki said "It's simply another part of the original story that we thought fit to tell as a new expansion". Miyazaki also is mulling a Bloodborne remake... but that may be waiting for PS6. Kind of makes sense considering the Demon's Souls remake skipped a generation. He's been thrilled about the continued interest in BB.

Source: Ed Nightingale, Eurogamer