Twitch x PSNP

DoctorGameGeek

Oh hey this is a good idea. I've seen people complain about twitch streamers advertising their channels in the status updates, so this should make me feel a little less guilty :D 

ChannelODGR_Ryan

Streaming since: I started streaming a couple years ago, but I've been sort of off and on due to internet problems and just lack of motivation.

Types of games: I'll stream pretty much anything, but I'm more of a fan of rhythm games and visual novels

What got me into streaming?: I've always thought streaming was a fun idea. Why not play games with other people? I like having people to talk to, but I'm also a bit of a nervous person irl, so just talking to people in a chat is better for me. I don't stream as much as I'd like, but I do want to start streaming more often sometime. I only have the PS4 streaming thing, but I plan to get a capture card and mic sometime soon.

Edited by OhDearGodRun
  • Like 3

I didn't know you had a channel @OhDearGodRun, I would have subbed sooner. Subbed to the both of you. 

Here's mine

Channel: Popcynical

Streaming since:  March 2015 (On and off)

Types of games:  Anything. I'm a variety streamer so I don't stick to one genre. Though I do tend to avoid stratagy games, I'm so bad at those I don't want to show how much I suck at them to the people on Twitch lol. 

What got me into streaming? I've always wanted to stream myself playing video games since about 2013, that was the time I started watching speedruns and streamers like ManvsGame. My internet wasn't up to the job at that point so I had to wait until I got fibre optic installed in my area, which was March 2015. I streamed a lot between March and September 2016 when I temporally called it a day. I resumed again last year when I got someone to wire an ethernet cable from the router downstairs to my computer upstairs, I used to get MAJOR problems streaming over wi fi, dropping frames constantly, now that's a thing of the past and I can now stream without worring about that. I haven't streamed for about 2 months but I haven't called it a day, I plan on streaming again soon, maybe sometime next week when I buy a new monitor, I find it easier to stream with two monitors but spilled water on my old one and it bit the dust. 

• Like 2

Channel: Dreggit

Streaming scince: April 26, 2015

Types of Games: Casual speedruns, trophy hunts, SWBF2, FFXIV, anything I or the chat is in the mood for. Sometimes publically work on guides or modding projects. Stream occasionally but not often due to my work. I have a stream setup that has problems occasionally with screen capture freezing (I haven't a clue as to why)

Why I started Streaming: My friend I shareplay games with was tired of Shareplay blocking things so they wanted me to stream things instead. Also they wanted to see the FFXIII games.

• Like 1

Channel: voodoo_eyes

Streaming since: actively since Q1 2019 (created account 2015 I think)

Types of Games: Variety of most genres, although I tend to avoid MP focused titles. I stream a lot of indie and double AA titles, with the odd main stream title thrown in.

What got me into streaming: Seemed like it could be a good time and turns out it is.  I also find it relaxing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because it's an overcast Saturday and I don't feel like doing shit related to work, I'm searching PSNP for any mention of Twitch streams.  If you've streaming something within the past month 60 days but you haven't posted in this thread yet, I'll give you a free shout-out here.  I'll link your channel and my first impression of the kinds of stuff you stream.  Full disclosure:  This is for my own selfish good, too.  I'm relatively new to (the) Affiliate (graveyard) status, but it's becoming too hard to connect to streamers who are just starting out.  Sure, I can do F4F (follow for follow) or follow the specific games I like, but I've hit a social ceiling.  Trying to fix that.  Oh, and to avoid being super creepy, if I post you here, I'll say hi to you on Twitch too.  

Posts are listed in chronological order from PSNP search.

Channel:  GreenZSaber

Interesting!  Posts 100% speedruns.  

Channel:  animedamage

Excellently explains plot in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

Channel:  AfraidOfTheFolly

Currently kicking ass in Hollow Knight.

Channel:  cerealkillerzat

That Nioh 2 intro looks pretty damn epic!

Channel:  Hemiak

Someone clipped a funny glitch from Hollow Knight.

Channel:  CraftyPoe

Late night RPG, FPS streamer with a touching bio, I must say.

Channel:  AskuaSenranKagura

Slay that giant!

Channel:  SonicMTD

"This is AWACS Wind Maker..."

I hit a wall at about 100 posts.  If there's more for me to see, you know what to do.  By all means, self-promote in this thread, or you can just message me on here.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to eat everything in my fridge because I've been working on this and watching streams all day. ?

Edited by DoctorGameGeek
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • streaming since
    june.25.2019
  • what games do i play?
    i play mostly jump & run, action rpgs, hack & slay and ps+ games.
  • what got me into streaming?
    for the chat and im playing games anyway, so why not stream them. streaming is also something i wanted to do a long time ago.
  • Like 1