Zjinn

Hall Of Grandmasters

15 posts in this topic

Can I ask anyone that has beaten this map how you did it? I get melted quick and in a hurry on this map would hate to have to start a new build from scratch to just beat 1 map? I am down to only needed 1 Red map which is Hydra I am having trouble with that fight. Then 3 unique maps, but I already own Halls Of Grandmasters and the other 2 are pricey as hell they want absurd amounts of exalts for them, but for now just wanting tips on how to beat Halls Of Grandmasters!

16 hours ago, Zjinn said:

Can I ask anyone that has beaten this map how you did it?

So, this map doesn't always contain the same Exiles. The list of Grandmasters is randomised each time and the Exiles themselves are builds made by actual players of the game and some of those builds are level 100 characters with decked out gear. Due to this it can be almost impossible to complete without a build specific for farming Hall of Grandmasters.

i beat it on my third try. the builds i used was enkis lightning witch and starforge slayer. (i switched between them, but the witch was way more usefull for this). what i did was, i placed all my traps infront of a gate and made them spawn. then i just ran the fuck away and they would die. what i would recommend u to get is a ruby flask for this map. those fire beams hurt like hell.

the last master i had left was this spiderqueen or whatever he was called. he had such a big energy shield that i couldnt almost kill him. it took me a few trys to place the traps right and burst him down. i also did the map with a 5 link. with a 6 link it would be so much easier.

The biggest issue in these places are characters with on hit triggers. Like on hit block, on hit heal, on hit regain shield, and on hit cast a lot of spells. These builds are nigh unkillable through normal means. You need attacks that don't count as hits. Scorching ray for example. Hall of Grandmasters is not that hard, it just takes a correct setup, though thankfully a lot of builds can get a tabula rasa and do a scorching ray setup. Just switch armors as needed. Or if you wait a few leagues then you will be able to buy clears from other players for a few chaos, as long as you have the map.  

Is there someone who can run this map (on legion league) and would like to help? My build isn´t suited for this map (essence drain, bane trickster)

On 26/05/2019 at 7:05 AM, Eylside said:

the last master i had left was this spiderqueen or whatever he was called. he had such a big energy shield that i couldnt almost kill him.

Anyone good at clearing Hall of Grandmasters willing to help out? I am in Standard mode. 

My spectre's build is great for a lot of content and I would be happy to help with other maps, currency, trades, etc., but Hall of Grandmasters requires gear change that would screw me as it would require me to resummon my spectres using desecrate. 

I only have two maps left, and this is one of them. I can help run you through shaper, elder, or anything else you might need (I can't clear Uber Atziri yet, but I'm getting close). 

PSN = iamthedotcom, USA, CST Timezone.  

I'll try to clear it on my Purifiying Flame Chieftain (Chaos Immunity and 13k ES). Got myself a Balefire sceptre for non-hittable enemies(May need to get better support gems though). If it proves to be doable I can try helping you. But I am kinda scared of party scaling. 

I have 3 maps left: this, perandus and machinarium. Also haven't fought Chayula breachlord and Uber Atziri. 

@Akrioz Awesome! Let me know. I have a map ready to go. I've done Chayula and can definitely help with that map. How many splinters do you need? I only have two but can start trying to trade for some. 

Uber Atziri is a different beast. I have done all content except for Uber Atziri and Hall of Grandmasters. I don't know why that mirror loving freak beats me every time. Granted I've only tried a couple times since it is so rare to get all four mortal fragments. 

I have one trophy left: complete all Atlas Maps. I am a Chieftain cyclone Marauder, completed everything even uber elder for fun, but I can not get through the Hall of Grandmasters. I use the Balefire and can get through two halls if I am lucky then run out of lives. Has anyone done this map with a Maurader? If so, how did you do it? Thanks.

On 7/3/2019 at 3:11 AM, Akrioz said:

I'll try to clear it on my Purifiying Flame Chieftain (Chaos Immunity and 13k ES). Got myself a Balefire sceptre for non-hittable enemies(May need to get better support gems though). If it proves to be doable I can try helping you. But I am kinda scared of party scaling. 

I have 3 maps left: this, perandus and machinarium. Also haven't fought Chayula breachlord and Uber Atziri. 

I need Perandus and Machinarium too. Are you on standard? I ask because these maps are usually only held by 1 or two people at a time. We can buy it together and then do them together to have two people completing these maps, instead of one.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, FallenKingdom said:

If so, how did you do it? Thanks

My run went like this. Second half of it, at least. I died to a Scorching ray in a first hall three times, dunno how to deal with that - you just get melted in a second. If I just kept Scorching ray everything - I would make it with three portals left.  Well, I am more or less suited to run it, i guess. 

I am on standard, yeah. I can try to help you. But I live in UTC+3. 

Edited by Akrioz

If anyone will be able to help me with this map (legion league) I would really appreciate it.

After struggling with this map I respec’d an old witch build I had this league.      

Elemental 3x golem for immune to burn freeze and shock. 

Used 6 link scorch Ray. 

Holy flame totem to remove curses and the lure melee as well as too decoy ranged and casters. 

Temporal chains to slow. 

Easiest way to explain how I did it, is to drop totems while just out of range of the wave starter inch forward till it starts drop temporal flame dash/dash back and melt with the ray rinse repeat. Pop the totems to remove any curse and re summon golems if need be. 

Only masters i had deaths to was the “the grand hamster” and the one guy with the insane ice crash? Idk the spell name. Spider queen was easy melt. 

Hope this helps anyone having troubles with this map. 

I was able to finish HoGM with this spider bro build +  Balefire for Spider queen.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302798

Basically, before triggering a new wave , place a Orb of storm with temporal chain then dash back right away and let the spider kill the enemies.

Spiders are immortal so they can not die to enemy damage.  They kill the melee type so fast and also have DoT damage.

There was 2 dangerous type of enemies that are the one with a invisible-ish scorching ray and one with chaos bolt thingy then turn into an aoe ground.

try to avoid those.

Another approach for those  100% block + high regen enemy like Grandhamster and mull_gubben, Scoli_Gubben  is to use the Block Chance Reduction Support gem on the spider weapon

then drop a winter orb to cap their regen to 25%.

This gem can be obtained by trading a Puncture gem with a 20% quality DEX shield to a vendor.