Bonus event difficulty

LunchCannon54

Is it just me or are these bonus events like ten times harder than anything else in the game to get the top rating for? 

Daredevil events are very strict in their maximum score requirements right from the get go and some of the Ring Challenges seem flat out impossible to get the Platinum rating for in the time frame given. I've read that co-op is a requirement to get some of those higher scores, can anyone confirm or am I just shit/in need of better vehicle mods? The Break the Target challenges aren't quite so bad as I managed a Platinum so far without too many issues (still very strict though) but don't even talk to me about those Traffic events with the spiteful AI there. 

19 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

I'm glad its not just me

I cant see how you can get those scores in the time given

Maybe they will get balanced

Here the same. Silver was my best in the Challenges. I think I am doing something wrong. Please nerf.

35 minutes ago, Laviathan01 said:

I'm only on chapter 2 and i managed to get 2 platinum ring challenges but the Dare devil is a different story don't quite have the trick to do it. all red or all star or mix i need some tips 

I go for all red and do tiny drifts just before I hit them for the extra 20 points

Here's an example on the first daredevil challenge, but I also recorded all the others if you're struggling with those:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Just beat both ring and drift challenge on chapter 1, took a few tries but managed to nail it with Sonic. So it's not impossible

Now moving on to chapter 2 !

Same here. Took bout half hour on each one. I hope they dont get much harder on the later chapters lol

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Same here. Took bout half hour on each one. I hope they dont get much harder on the later chapters lol

Well the 2nd ring challenge was doable, but this 3rd... Did one try and got 750 but I think it needs 1200

16 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I go for all red and do tiny drifts just before I hit them for the extra 20 points

Here's an example on the first daredevil challenge, but I also recorded all the others if you're struggling with those:

Thanks for the video :). Didn't think about just doing baby drifts 

Edited by gamerrob25

25 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

I just got the game, so I don't know how hard this stuff really is. I have to say though, I hope it's hard. I LOVE kart racer style games. A lot of the ones on PS4 are way too easy, so is Mario Kart for that matter.

Hopefully it ends up being an Ultra Rare. 

Yes it is quite difficult especially the challenges 

17 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Thanks man, Bonus thanks for the Video, all red it is got it

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 7:55 AM, aldreezi said:

I would recommend unlocking legendary mods for the character you are comfortable with first then come back to do the challenges.  

I don't think legendary mods improve the performance over the standard mods or at least it doesn't show in the stats if they do.

please tell me that there's no Stupid Sumo Ghost that you need to beat.

Racing Transform platinum is ridiculously hard too, took me ages to beat all of the challenges until the ghost races when I learned that I should call it a quit, the multiplayer trophies is also a burden to unlock since you need extra more controllers and more skilled people to play on the same console which I lacks.

27 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

please tell me that there's no Stupid Sumo Ghost that you need to beat.

Racing Transform platinum is ridiculously hard too, took me ages to beat all of the challenges until the ghost races when I learned that I should call it a quit, the multiplayer trophies is also a burden to unlock since you need extra more controllers and more skilled people to play on the same console which I lacks.

No ghost related trophies in this one outside of beating a friend's time which you can self-boost with a second account. This is probably easier than Transformed but still challenging.

On 25/05/2019 at 7:24 AM, Killbomb said:

I don't think legendary mods improve the performance over the standard mods or at least it doesn't show in the stats if they do.

You're correct, Legendary Mods do not affect the stats any more than the normal version of the Mod.

The key to these events is finding the optimal character type and Mod setup for you.

Examples

• Technique can absorb Rings from further away, so they are better for Ring challenge events.
  • Power are better for Eggpawn Assault because they have higher defence, so they are slowed down less when hit
  • Speed have mid-range handling and high-end speed, so they are less twitchy than Technique making you steadier at Drifting past the posts, whilst having the speed to make it quickly make it around the track before the multiplier runs out which makes them ideal for Daredevil
Edited by GrieverLioness

9 hours ago, GrieverLioness said:

Examples

• Technique can absorb Rings from further away, so they are better for Ring challenge events. TAILS
  • Power are better for Eggpawn Assault because they have higher defence, so they are slowed down less when hit SONIC
  • Speed have mid-range handling and high-end speed, so they are less twitchy than Technique making you steadier at Drifting past the posts, whilst having the speed to make it quickly make it around the track before the multiplier runs out which makes them ideal for Daredevil TAILS

I only used Sonic or Tails to beat the game