Guide for every boss/mini boss & V2 weapons (1.16)

sunashigure1

Mentioned earlier I would do some The Surge guides, so here it is (if someone's interested).

Game definitely is underrated. Gotta say, had lots of fun with it. Looking forward to The Surge 2 this year.

Anyway, I'm late to the party, but if someone is still playing it and looking for some tips, I have made guides for all bosses/mini bosses and V2 weapons (hardcore kills). Wrote a wrap-up under every video too (if someone needs some tips fast). Check my playlist for details. Thanks!

I'll try to answer any questions, so feel free to ask. I'm happy we can talk games and help each other on PSNP forum.

Edited by sunashigure1
  • Like 4

Nice, thanks for this!!! I'm playing it since it came to PS Plus, and I'm more than eager to any kind of help.

As a quick question, do you have any advice on the Big Sister boss? I've tried a lot of times, and it always gets me while trying to mow down the arms on the third phase.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Folkenio said:

Nice, thanks for this!!! I'm playing it since it came to PS Plus, and I'm more than eager to any kind of help.

As a quick question, do you have any advice on the Big Sister boss? I've tried a lot of times, and it always gets me while trying to mow down the arms on the third phase.

My pleasure! Thanks for your kind words. Got it via PS+ myself. Was pleasantly surprised.

Of course. Most important tips would be:

-3 different arm attacks in phase one - lunge (most punishable; dodge and attack), double swipe (has range) and triple smash attack (punishable, but risky),

-keep moving and dodging sideways in the first part,

-double laser (hearable) in the first and second phases which you can avoid by dodging and running sideways,

-in the second part, destroy first two arms as soon as possible (this will make 3rd phase much easier),

-block her lunge head attack and proceed to phase 3 (last phase),

-you can block and punish in return every attack (last phase) except one - grab. Avoid it by running backwards,

-keep an eye on your stamina bar, always.

For the 3rd phase, block works wonders. Try to block and punish. You can do it! Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hsn963 said:

I know it's subjective, but what are your thoughts on weapons ( best ones ), aside from PAXv2, there are alot of weopns in the game, especially with the dlc addition.

Honestly I found the Spitfire Rod v2 to be completely OP, especially using the dash attack. The damage and speed is ridiculous, and it sets enemies on fire. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hsn963 said:

I know it's subjective, but what are your thoughts on weapons ( best ones ), aside from PAXv2, there are alot of weopns in the game, especially with the dlc addition.

I've used P.A.X. Imperator V2.0 all the way until Nucleus and then Fractal Reaver (I consider this weapon the best single-rigged weapon).

Unfortunately, the very best weapon (in general), Claws of the Gestalt, can be obtained after the final boss only, so it's more suited for NG+, NG++ and more (obviously). That being said, if someone were to start his NG, use twin-rigged exclusively from the get-go and obtain Claws of the Gestalt, he would be insanely powerful on NG+ and onwards. Proficiency does matter.

8 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Honestly I found the Spitfire Rod v2 to be completely OP, especially using the dash attack. The damage and speed is ridiculous, and it sets enemies on fire. 

Yes, this weapon is really strong. I was like wow. It does set enemies on fire occasionally, indeed.  

Edited by sunashigure1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanzoadam said:

To be honest the biggest trick to any of the bosses is The black Cerberus fight.

Just make sure to let the fist Pax destroy the other 2

If you mean the other 2 white tanks, yes - it will stop more P.A.X. from spawning. Good point ^-^

On 23.05.2019 at 6:56 PM, hsn963 said:

I've been experimenting with Scrapglaive the Cat v.02, and I have to say  it is a great weapon (heavy).

If you have the walk in the park dlc, that is.

Glad someone is testing DLC weapons. How does it compare to MG Judge V2.0? If I recall correctly, people consider Judge the best heavy-duty weapon, in general.

Edited by sunashigure1