Nioh 2 closed alpha test set for May 24 to June 2

Aranea Highwind

I hope they stop the gangbangs... I remember Dark Soul 2 was heavily criticized for it's gangbangs, but that was nothing compared to the harder fights in Nioh 1. No, I don't wanna do several bosses, I would normally near struggle with alone, at the same time. The gameplay just doesn't support it all that well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I hope they stop the gangbangs... I remember Dark Soul 2 was heavily criticized for it's gangbangs, but that was nothing compared to the harder fights in Nioh 1. No, I don't wanna do several bosses, I would normally near struggle with alone, at the same time. The gameplay just doesn't support it all that well.

I hate multi bosses in all games, Shadows of yarhnam in BB was the hardest boss in the game for me took me well over 30 tries. 

32 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

This game looks like another dlc to the first one. I'm not impressed at all at the moment. But it's an alpha version, so...

Huh?  Almost everything looked completely new compared to the other imo.

• Like 2

I'm so excited for this game, I really hope there's a limited edition this time since I would love to have a statue of something from the game and other goodies. It also looks like they have changed a lot and have added a lot which I can't wait for, it's a shame you don't get to play as William in this one. 

11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I just hope they change the co-op system. I don't get the point of having to complete it first to join a game. It makes playing through it with a friend way too annoying.

I'm not sure when you last played Nioh but they did change the co-op system in later updates, instead of having to do it before hand they made it so you can co-op any mission which you've unlocked. You didn't need to have done it before because that was annoying and pointless I agree. 

45 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

This game looks like another dlc to the first one. I'm not impressed at all at the moment. But it's an alpha version, so...

I'm not sure what you watched but this is completely different from the first game, sure the fighting is similar ish but what game changes their formula completely? I mean all the Dark Souls games are literally the same yet people enjoy them, a game doesn't need to be completely new for it not to look like DLC. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I'm not sure when you last played Nioh but they did change the co-op system in later updates, instead of having to do it before hand they made it so you can co-op any mission which you've unlocked. You didn't need to have done it before because that was annoying and pointless I agree. 

That was my main gripe playing the game, glad they changed it.

• Like 1

I just hope that the difficulty isn't on the absurd level as the DLC's were. That shit was ridiculous even with co-op. It's also probably asking too much but I hope they don't nerf every good build under the sun. Making those and working up to them is fun even if a lot of them are OP.

Otherwise it seems cool so far. I like the Devil Trigger/Yokai transformation thing and that looks like it will have a lot of variety to them. Also evil Kodama's ?

This is a day-1 pre-order for me. Together with Bloodborne, Nioh is without a doubt my favorite game on the PS4. And playing through it once was already a blast, but optimizing a build for Way of the Demon made the game even better. I love the Diablo-style loot and the deep combat system. 

I didn't want to spoil too much so only had a quick look at the gameplay footage. It looks like more of the same, but in this instance I really wouldn't matter if that was the case ?

17 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I'm not sure what you watched but this is completely different from the first game

17 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Huh?  Almost everything looked completely new compared to the other imo.

Completely different? Have you seen the alpha playthrough, guys?

The same loading screens taken straight from the first game, the same music when your character dies, the same dojo, etc. Yeah, this is all completely new, lol. Looks more like a content pack, than a brand new game. But if you are ok with that I don't mind.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for an open alpha or beta soon. I'm presuming that only Twitch or YouTube influencers were invited :/

Would have been nice a platinum trophy of the original to have had a go.

Edit: didn't notice an earlier post about the invite till now. :/ Does it matter that I turned of marketing emails?

Edited by AndyKazama

Very dissapointed that I didnt get a code as I played the alphas and betas for the first Nioh and have it sitting at 100%.

Really enjoyed the game, I hope they keep the same loot driven experience with crafting and stat management.

I like the new "Yokai Form" mechanic but it seems to have replaced Living Weapon from the first game, which was one of the best tools if you wanted to be op.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I played the first Nioh beta and never liked it at all, I'll give this one a shot to see if i like it, but if it's like the same as the first one then i'll give it a miss.

I don't know why you'd expect otherwise. I am pretty sure that they want to make a game that fans of the first game will like. It should be more of the same with prettier graphcics, different weapons, and a created character that is 1/2 demon.

I really enjoyed Nioh. It's the only game of that type I have played. I got the Plat and own all the DLC but my PS4 with the saved file was stolen and I haven't committed to starting over again to finally play the DLC. However, with the announcement of the new PS console soon, my massive backlog of games, really hope Nioh 2 comes out on the new console instead of the PS4. I try to play more but some games take up way more time than I thought or I am not in the mood to play them and put them off. Nioh 2 would jump to the forefront of games to play but I can't keep buying games as there are always more games that I want to play. Really crappy and bit annoying a game of Nioh 2's caliber is coming so late in the life of PS4 and the talk about that next console has been discussed and on the horizon.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen