So, what are your thoughts on this game?

Wade_VC

From what I have been reading, it appears as if Resistance 3 isn't selling too good.

I was curious to hear from others here who have played or are playing it, what are your opinions of the game? Are the sales a direct result of the game being poor, or do you think it may have just been released ahead of a slew of huge games on the way, which has affected its sales?

I am just getting into Resistance 2, and I enjoy it enough, and wouldn't mind checking out Resistance 3, but I was hoping to hear from others who have already played it to get your thoughts.

Let me start off by saying I don't own the game but I played it for over an hour at a local game store. To me it seemed like I was playing Killzone 3. The graphics are much sharper and brighter, sounds great, moves well but for some reason I just could not take the $60 out of my wallet. I can't same much about the story because of my limited playtime,that might sway me. I have been a huge Insomniac fan for over 10 years, but it seems to me that they have lost their focus on current franchise and Ted and the gang are moving forward to multiplatform

• 1 month later...

As how there are a few here who are or have played R3, I'd really like to hear from you as to what you thought or think about it. I am seriously leaning towards this over BF3 (as much as it pains me to say it) as my FPS purchase for the year.

Wow! :o

Are you sure Wade? I thought for sure you'd still get BF3.

R3 is tempting. I just need to chew through my backlog first.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! :o

Are you sure Wade? I thought for sure you'd still get BF3.

Oh, I'll end up getting BF3, but, as I had been leaning towards, I picked up Resistance 3 first (from my B-day money, it was 1 of 2 games I got).

Anyway, I have started playing it a bit, and although I am only on the second chapter, I have to say I am indeed liking Resistance 3! The story is sound, the graphics are great, voice acting is decent enough, and as an added bonus, the Devs left the controller buttons alone (or I should say they are the same as they were in Resistance 2).

Naturally I still have a lot to do and see and play, but if you are like me and enjoyed Resistance 2, then you may want to check out Resistance 3. As expected, it is a solid game, but with so many "Big" titles flooding the market at or near the same time, I think Resistance 3 kind of got lost in the shuffle, like many quality games have.

As with most games with MP, I will play a most if not all of the SP campaign before I venture online, but I will report back on that once I do go online. I am looking forward to playing some of the Co-op though!!!

I think this game is a total let down. I was a huge fan of Resistance 2 and all it had to offer. The campaign is weak and I am not a fan of how they switched from regenerating health to picking up health kits (what year is it? 1990?).

Also, the co-op in R2 was much better as you went out in large groups as one of three classes. Replacing that with co-op story mode was another downgrade, IMO.

Finally, the online multiplayer is total crap. Its a poorly done rip off of Call of Duty with the killstreaks. They should have stuck to what worked and that was using large 64 person death matches.

I think this game is a total let down. I was a huge fan of Resistance 2 and all it had to offer. The campaign is weak and I am not a fan of how they switched from regenerating health to picking up health kits (what year is it? 1990?).

Also, the co-op in R2 was much better as you went out in large groups as one of three classes. Replacing that with co-op story mode was another downgrade, IMO.

Finally, the online multiplayer is total crap. Its a poorly done rip off of Call of Duty with the killstreaks. They should have stuck to what worked and that was using large 64 person death matches.

That sucks that you didn't/don't like it. Although I still have a lot to play, I enjoy the heck out of it; but it still sucks when someone gets a new game and doesn't like it. :(

In regards to the health kits, I dunno', I think as gamers we have become spoiled and too reliant on automatic health regeneration in games. For me, that isn't an issue in the least.

I can not speak of the co-op or MP as I have yet to do either, but as a general rule, I think most MP is crap to be honest. There are a few games I enjoy MP with, but for the larger part I am not a fan of every friggin' game having online to begin with.

Ah well, maybe the next game you get you will enjoy better. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just recently got Resistance 3 and to be honest I am liking it more then 2. It plays very well and Finding health packs is fine with me. I am liking the story better so far.

I was skeptical at first on getting it but I finally did and glad I did.

I agree. The more I play R3, the more I like it, and I think it is far and above much better than R2 was/is. The gameplay, story line, everything about this game is just, to me, exceptional.

Again, I can not speak of the MP as I am still playing the SP.

I personally liked the health kits.

In real life, you don't just wipe strawberry jelly on your face to get better. Real men inject themselves with health potions and healing serums, wrap bandages around their wounds, and keep trucking.

As for the game, I adored the single player. The brutal playthrough, was honestly very easy with all the upgraded weapons, and I challenged myself to do it without the Auger (although when the Long Legged Leapers came, I had to fire off a couple clips. The fact that new weapons were constantly introduced made the game feel a lot of fun. The environments didn't feel Ctrl+C'd Ctrl+V'd, and it was easy to distinguish between each level. Story mode was fun, never got to play the MP because I GameFly'd it.

Enjoyed the game, could only wish it was a little longer.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...