Love this game

dannyswfc9

As title. This game is brilliant. Better than i thought. The team races are a really clever idea and the challenges (coin, traffic etc?) are really difficult but after you get the platinum on them theres a real sense of joy you dont get with alot of games these days. 

Not alot of people playing it at the moment which im suprised about

What are other peoples thoughts on this game

• Like 4

I'm on chapter 4 after clearing everything in the previous.

It's a fun game, but I dislike the low variation of weapons when playing solo (only way to get other half is through item sharing from the AI). Also the repetitive or mirrored maps in the cups on each chapter (only done ch 3 so far) is lame.

Somehow it's programmed that one of your AIs will be ok and the 3rd will suck, so usually if you place 1st the 3rd will be 7th or 8th... Lol.

Some cup challenges ask you or a teammate to place 1st in a race, obviously the AI isn't going to win it for you so it's all you who needs to get 1st. Even with ultimate boost Sonic the enemy AI will soon be behind you anyways or way in front of you.

I can hit Big or Choo with a projectile and making them last position, only to be followed by their 1st place the next second. The green group is always taking the lead and tries to win, most op AI bot is Choo and op green team members Amy and Big. 

Some weapons glitch out or just disappear.

It's weird that when you are hit, your speed is reduced to and locked to 0% for some seconds. Even if you go on a turbo pad it won't boost you back up, instead you have to accelerate up slowly as hell.

I'm not sure if this game is skill-based or luck-based, you can do the most awesome crazy drifts and speedboost for top speed with a huge lead and suddenly 4 racers are in front of you. The balance adjusting is really bad sometimes. Sometimes Knuckles is right behind me at the goal and then he finishes 7th for some damn reason

What gets you real real frustrated are the challenges though...

• Like 3

I would agree I have really been enjoying the game the only thing I find is it feels a little slow paced? even compared to the other sonic racing games, it feels like I'm going pretty slow it feels like these characters could just jump out and be faster than the cars.

I do enjoy the challenge though had to run through some of the bonus events a few times but feels really worth it once you snag them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cynical_fate said:

I would agree I have really been enjoying the game the only thing I find is it feels a little slow paced? even compared to the other sonic racing games, it feels like I'm going pretty slow it feels like these characters could just jump out and be faster than the cars.

I do enjoy the challenge though had to run through some of the bonus events a few times but feels really worth it once you snag them.

Ive not played any other sonic races but i think its really faced paced (especially compared to the ctr videos ive seen). The only thing ive noticed that the other poster put is that once you get hit it takes a while to recover even if your using ultimate

25 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I'm on chapter 4 after clearing everything in the previous.

It's a fun game, but I dislike the low variation of weapons when playing solo (only way to get other half is through item sharing from the AI).

Not really noticed that. I thought it was like mario kart and you get the weapon depending on your position in the race. 

Absolutely loving this game, everything in it is just done so well, the races,the challenges, the handling, i love the maps too and the character list and the teammate race style works well too. Really worth its price imo :D 

Edited by Conker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 5:36 AM, Erkawest said:

The green group is always taking the lead and tries to win, most op AI bot is Choo and op green team members Amy and Big. 

Cannot agree more after trying some gp's on hard/expert, that team on those are just ridiculous to beat at times, Someone at Sega must have really liked them to make them so damn unfair 

1 hour ago, Conker said:

Cannot agree more after trying some gp's on hard/expert, that team on those are just ridiculous to beat at times, Someone at Sega must have really liked them to make them so damn unfair 

Lol yeah, not hating on the game but just stating facts ?

1 hour ago, Conker said:

Chao, cute but OP like an Endboss.

Edited by Sikutai

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

As title. This game is brilliant. Better than i thought. The team races are a really clever idea and the challenges (coin, traffic etc?) are really difficult but after you get the platinum on them theres a real sense of joy you dont get with a lot of games these days. 

What are other peoples thoughts on this game

I agree completely. The game is insanely fun, super fast paced, and very good. There's so much interactions and events going on in this racing game than a lot of other kart racers, including the disconnected Sega All-Stars racers. Outside some issues in the code, this is definitely better than the All-Star Racing installments gameplay wise. I also love how this game has enough unique concepts to separate it from other kart racing games entirely and gives incentive to come back to it no matter what kart racers are out now, including Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so far i'm not liking it....

number of characters is way too less in comparison to the previous two games which had a tons of characters... who the hell ask for Red dude aka Zavok to be a playable character? Who Ask for Big the Cat to return?

the cars are soo slow in comparison to the previous entry despite the 60FPS.

the story is very dull! I mean yeah I know it was made to appeal to the younger audience, the story in this game shouldn't have to be taken too seriously but the dialogs between the characters is the cringiest thing I ever heard this gen so far.

the A.I of your teammate's is just Drunk!

despite the times I help them they're always stay at 7th or 9th place the reason why my team suck ass on tournaments... you try to follow their slipstream and they will lead you to the railings or walls or drive like a drunk person making the slipstreaming a bit annoying, sometimes your own teammates will push you off the roads or prevent you from going to a direction or a path.

why just we can't have a proper Sonic and Sega's All Star Racing sequel?

though, I should gave them credits for sticking with the ground vehicles only in this game, I never liked Racing Transform due to the boats segments that took away the fun especially in online races, but then after I thought it will be played like the first racing game they add the team system, it's fun if you're playing it in three player coop but in solo it's not good at all.

I don't know how IGN rated this higher than CTR Nitro-Fueled.

please do not get triggered by my experience, it's just my opinion.

Edited by yellowwindow7
it's Zavok, Not Red...
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

so far i'm not liking it....

number of characters is way too less in comparison to the previous two games which had a tons of characters... who the hell ask for Red to be a playable character? Who Ask for Big the Cat to return?

the cars are soo slow in comparison to the previous entry despite the 60FPS.

the story is very dull! I mean yeah I know it was made to appeal to the younger audience, the story in this game shouldn't have to be taken too seriously but the dialogs between the characters is the cringiest thing I ever heard this gen so far.

the A.I of your teammate's is just Drunk!

despite the times I help them they're always stay at 7th or 9th place the reason why my team suck ass on tournaments... you try to follow their slipstream and they will lead you to the railings or walls or drive like a drunk person making the slipstreaming a bit annoying, sometimes your own teammates will push you off the roads or prevent you from going to a direction or a path.

why just we can't have a proper Sonic and Sega's All Star Racing sequel?

though, I should gave them credits for sticking with the ground vehicles only in this game, I never liked Racing Transform due to the boats segments that took away the fun especially in online races, but then after I thought it will be played like the first racing game they add the team system, it's fun if you're playing it in three player coop but in solo it's not good at all.

I don't know how IGN rated this higher than CTR Nitro-Fueled.

please do not get triggered by my experience, it's just my opinion.

Totally agree. Ive platinumed this game and very close in platinuming ctr and must of put bout 60 hours in it already and must admit ctr is a million miles better than this.

I didnt think so at first. Ctr takes sone real getting used to. It takes real skill and i very nearly gave up on it and thought no idea what the buzz is all about (i never played the original). But once u get used to the boost system it is a unreal game that rivals mario kart. 

I stick to my first opinion that this is a very addictive game all tho as alot of problems but this was the first game ive played of this type since mario kart wii

Ps. On team sonic racing have you played on expert because the game is so much faster on that and its suprisingly not much harder. Hard mode is probs harder than expert

Edited by dannyswfc9

• 7 months later...
12 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

The plat is definitely near impossible on Solo.  Just get yourself a friend to play co-op with as it makes things a lot easier.

I liked this game but still, CTR is better to me.

Why should it be impossible Solo? I am not good at Racing Games and I platinumed it without Trouble. It' s a much easier Platinum as Sonic Forces and it was very fun online at Release with always full Lobbies and a lot of Sonic Fans.

12 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

I liked this game but still, CTR is better to me.

BTW.: Team Sonic Racing is much better than CTR, and that is a Fact.

Edited by Sikutai

6 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Its possible solo I think but you do need three controllers for a trophy so there is a barrier for some people to get the plat.

It's just one Trophy, you can do it solo. Just use 3 of your controllers, where's the problem?