What video game consoles did you have growing up? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

As Kid: Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Playstation, and Playstation 2.

As Adult: Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo 3DS, Playstation 3 Slim, and Playstation 4.

Edited by DarkLoba13

On 5/24/2019 at 0:20 PM, DaivRules said:

Atari 2600. I have a picture somewhere of me getting E.T. for a birthday and look really excited because I have no idea what kind of disappointment I was in for with that experience. Followed by NES. I don’t think I still qualified as growing up if I had a job and was buying my own SNES games, right?

The first post I see about someone growing up only having a PS4 is going to make me dry heave. 

? E.T.

I lived through the same disappointment.

Atari 2600: What a fossil. Wish I still had it although my T.V. would probably have a stroke if they were even in the same room together. 

SEGA Master System II: Alex the Kidd built in. What else needs to be said.

SNES: A big jump to my next console. There was always a friend that had the newest console so I guess that's why they were "friends". ?

Mario Allstars, Mario Kart, Killer Instinct, Fever Pitch (still the best Soccer/Football game EVER made) and all the Donkey Kongs.

DK Country still looks amazing to this day. That cartridge has to be from another galaxy, from the future or it's witchcraft.

PS1: This was released in Australia for something crazy like $700.

I went to Bali in 2000 and scored a PS1 and 10 (illegitimate) games for $200. Worked great for many years.

Xbox: Another big jump but this one was great.

There was a certain shop that even chipped your console so you could hire games and download them onto your console to keep.

Of course I wouldn't of done that. ?

Xbox 360: RRoD!

Eventually went through 3 consoles due to the RRoD (karma). Apparently Microsoft cut corners to save money because of the loss on the Xbox. Probably because of all those people who chipped their original Xbox. 

PS2: I'm pretty sure the only game that was on PS2 was San Andreas. Damn I new that game inside out. I remember coming home from work one day to find out one of my noob mates had saved over my 100% game. They still laugh about my reaction to this day and I still don't find it funny.

PS3 and PS4: Bundled both together because both are great consoles. Nothing more to be said.

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I didn't have a ton as I was growing up really. I had a NES whenever I want round to grandparents house. I had a gameboy colour as well to play the classic Pokemon games but not much.

Other than that though, I always had the PS1 PS2.

Had an Xbox for a couple of years but didn't like the exclusives or the achievement system that much. Don't think I'm ever going to change from PlayStation at this point.

Sega Master System - My very first console, came with Alex Kidd built in and a copy of Sonic, I was only 5 and these 2 games gave me so much joy. 

Atari 2600 - My Uncle found this in his attic and gave it to me, I didnt realise how old it was till I got back home, set it up and played Pong with my sister. I never touched it after that,  it was too primitive for me even at 5 but it's nice to say I owned one

Sega Mega Drive - OMG this was like the holy grail to me when I was playing the MS. When I finally got 1 and could play Toe-Jam and Earl and the proper version of Sonic there was no dragging me off it.

Commodore 64 - Another console my Uncle gave me, I remember playing Paper Boy on it and getting frustrated with the cassettes and went back to the Mega Drive rather swiftly.

Amiga 500+/600 - These were an amazing computer back in the day, least I thought so at 8 years old. This is where I fell in love with Championship Maager, and because my cousins had practically every game available for it, it introduced me to tons of games and series.

PS1 - Got this for Christmas when I was 11, played the hell out of Destruction Derby and Gran Turismo even though I was awful at them. I eventually got it chipped and had practically every game for it yet never really got into Crash strangely enough.

PS2 - Nearly didnt get a PS2 because I had drifted away from gaming a bit by 15, but when San Andread came out that soon changed.

Xbox - I wanted to play Halo, that was it lol. Played other stuff on it but mostly stuck with PS2

Xbox 360 - The fact that it came out earlier and that GTA4 was gonna be Xbox exclusive persuaded me to go for this over PS3. Got the red ring of death after 18 months, never wanted to go back to Xbox since.

PS3+PS4 - This kinda speak for itself, I think there both great consoles and I've had tons of fun out of both, and trophys have played a part in that 2bh, I like have a record of which games ive played/completed/platinumed without having to rely on memory

I believe my first consoles was from Nintendo. I had Gamecube, Game Boy Advanced and SP version. They started with producing Wii bullshit. After that I switched to Xbox 360, but luckily I replaced it within four months for PlayStation consoles.

Edited by Draexani