BTHRZeroX

Retail Disc Question, Since Removal from Store.

40 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2019 at 9:40 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

The issue with this particular case is, that the disc needs to access the pages on the store to unlock the content. Those tend to be gone, so how would the disc access the content?

That's a potential issue in which I don't see being rights owner having any influence on.

Misunderstanding on the way the store works. You don’t access the page on the store for content in this case, the disc is the store. In both cases, they’re just ways to request access to the license to allow access to the content.

The store page removal stops new people from requesting new licenses. The disc has a permanent license per the original terms of creating the discs. All content will be available through the physical media when the physical media is used. 

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

So, what would i have to do to get both plat and 100%?

Buy the Complete Adventure Disc.

25 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Buy the Complete Adventure Disc.

It can't be used copy, right?

2 hours ago, Varhur said:

It can't be used copy, right?

The only time you have to worry about used copies is if there is a single use code that needs to be input.

A disc generally doesn’t know it’s used and there are only a few examples I can think of where something on disc had a single use redemption. 

Just now, DaivRules said:

The only time you have to worry about used copies is if there is a single use code that needs to be input.

A disc generally doesn’t know it’s used and there are only a few examples I can think of where something on disc had a single use redemption. 

So, bonus episodes aren't one time use codes, like multiplayer in GoW: Ascension?

22 hours ago, Varhur said:

So, bonus episodes aren't one time use codes, like multiplayer in GoW: Ascension?

it doesn't matter if they are used or not. The ones i bought were used. The disc allows you to download all content for the game as the disc is used as the licence no one time download links on the discs whatsoever. The discs are used as a season pass and the disc does not get locked to an account after use

Edited by silver_pigy

1 hour ago, silver_pigy said:

it doesn't matter if they are used or not. The ones i bought were used. The disc allows you to download all content for the game as the disc is used as the licence no one time download links on the discs whatsoever. The discs are used as a season pass and the disc does not get locked to an account after use

Phew, thanks for clarification!

4 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Phew, thanks for clarification!

also as for the Complete Adventure Disc for Minecraft Story Mode, all the Episodes on on disc, as @Cryogenicide_X has said, and I can confirm as mine came in the mail this morning :D

i rent that game in a videoshop game and i play normally to the 3 last dlcs in the physical version to obtain the 100%

I bought the season pass last year. But I find myself only the first episode .... I had to start the game and download the other episodes? if so i'm fucked up and i can't download any more episodes and i've spent the season pass for nothing.

12 minutes ago, mastiingwerf said:

Anyone know why they removed it from the store? 

telltale went into bankruptcy which means any license that they had on the digital store is gone. some telltale games will remain but minecraft isn't one of em (if that disk works and can download every episode) the plat is still obtainable in physical form.