Retail Disc Question, Since Removal from Store.

BTHRZeroX

On 5/24/2019 at 9:40 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

The issue with this particular case is, that the disc needs to access the pages on the store to unlock the content. Those tend to be gone, so how would the disc access the content?

That's a potential issue in which I don't see being rights owner having any influence on.

Misunderstanding on the way the store works. You don’t access the page on the store for content in this case, the disc is the store. In both cases, they’re just ways to request access to the license to allow access to the content.

The store page removal stops new people from requesting new licenses. The disc has a permanent license per the original terms of creating the discs. All content will be available through the physical media when the physical media is used. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Varhur said:

It can't be used copy, right?

The only time you have to worry about used copies is if there is a single use code that needs to be input.

A disc generally doesn’t know it’s used and there are only a few examples I can think of where something on disc had a single use redemption. 

Just now, DaivRules said:

The only time you have to worry about used copies is if there is a single use code that needs to be input.

A disc generally doesn’t know it’s used and there are only a few examples I can think of where something on disc had a single use redemption. 

So, bonus episodes aren't one time use codes, like multiplayer in GoW: Ascension?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Varhur said:

So, bonus episodes aren't one time use codes, like multiplayer in GoW: Ascension?

it doesn't matter if they are used or not. The ones i bought were used. The disc allows you to download all content for the game as the disc is used as the licence no one time download links on the discs whatsoever. The discs are used as a season pass and the disc does not get locked to an account after use

Edited by silver_pigy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, silver_pigy said:

it doesn't matter if they are used or not. The ones i bought were used. The disc allows you to download all content for the game as the disc is used as the licence no one time download links on the discs whatsoever. The discs are used as a season pass and the disc does not get locked to an account after use

Phew, thanks for clarification!

4 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Phew, thanks for clarification!

also as for the Complete Adventure Disc for Minecraft Story Mode, all the Episodes on on disc, as @Cryogenicide_X has said, and I can confirm as mine came in the mail this morning :D

12 minutes ago, mastiingwerf said:

Anyone know why they removed it from the store? 

telltale went into bankruptcy which means any license that they had on the digital store is gone. some telltale games will remain but minecraft isn't one of em (if that disk works and can download every episode) the plat is still obtainable in physical form.

• 1 year later...

This information applies to the Australian physical releases of Minecraft: Story Mode Season One for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It really shouldn’t differ for the other game/store regions, especially other territories that also use PAL/EU media format.

1. The Complete Adventure Disc has all episodes 1-5 and 6-8 included, no download or single-use codes needed.

Applies to both PS3 and PS4 retail.

2. The Season Pass Disc includes episode 1, episodes 2-5 can be purchased and installed for free from in-game to as many accounts/users as you wish. Episodes 6-8 can still be obtained here too if you want to spend extra for the full 100% trophy completion. On the Australian PlayStation Store each of the 3 DLC episodes cost $8.95 but the Adventure Pass (Season Pass 2) costs $19.45 so buying in bulk is surely you’re best option.

I can only speak for the PS4 Season Pass Disc. The PS3 version should act the same, the only difference being the store interface, luckily it’s so much better browsing available content in-game than on the Main PS3 Store. Don’t know why these store pages use the interface from the Pre-2011 PSN Hack Era when every other official store on PS3 has since changed but I love it!

I recommend you buy the Complete Adventure Disc. If that’s out of your reach the Season Pass Disc is your next (and last) option, this should be fair enough. Unfortunately getting your hands on any of these discs, even second hand, can be very demanding as almost all sellers are on Amazon/Ebay/Gumtree with listenings set at high prices based on the game’s rarity and the Telltale Games cosure/delisting from over 2 years ago, but if you know someone who can arrange a great price deal with you or (even better) a friend who’s willing to lend you their copy that’s awesome!

Edited by Slim Vanilla

• 9 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, Varhur said:

So, what would i have to do to get both plat and 100%?

Do what I did and purchase the "Minecraft: Story Mode The Complete Adventure" Disc, which comes with Episode 1-8 -- giving you the content to platinum/100% the game.

Edited by Long-Ryde
grammar

• 10 months later...