Call of Duty 2019 is called "Modern Warfare"

Title says everything. News coming from youtuber LongSensation and Jason Schreier, the guy from Kotaku who spread the news about CoD 2020 coming from Treyarch confirmed it.

Edit: Eurogamer confirms it

Expect an official reveal on 30th May, sources have told Eurogamer.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-05-24-the-new-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-is-called-call-of-duty-modern-warfare

Edit 2: some more news

it’s a “soft reboot” of the first one, developed by Infinity Ward for release this fall. It’ll be heavy on troubling, realistic emotional moments, very much inspired by the controversial No Russian campaign in Modern Warfare 2 that allowed the player to gun down civilians.

https://kotaku.com/the-next-call-of-duty-is-called-modern-warfare-yep-re-1835007019

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1
  • Like 3

I'm betting when it releases they change the name to Call of Duty: Modern Microtransactions.

Seriously, I think they would be better off renaming it that. Would be the first time the title was honest about the game.

• Like 2

Dangit, they should've taken a page out of Microsoft's naming book and went with Modern Warfare One xD 

"it’s a “soft reboot” of the first one, developed by Infinity Ward for release this fall. It’ll be heavy on troubling, realistic emotional moments" - man that sounds amazing, I really hope they go all in on the story for this game, along with the multiplayer

Edited by BlindMango

15 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Christmas 2019 will be like:

Kid: "Mooooom can i get Modern Warfare pleazzzze"

Mom: "yea sure whatever."

Mom goes into gamestop sees MW and MW Remastered and buys MWR cause it's cheaper and she thinks "hey remastered mean it should be better right" :D

Signed in just to let you know that was effin hilarious. 

• Like 2

Wait, this doesn't make a lick of sense. Modern Warfare already has 3 established titles in the series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Who decided calling it Modern Warfare was a good idea? I mean, at least put a 4!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Wait, this doesn't make a lick of sense. Modern Warfare already has 3 established titles in the series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Who decided calling it Modern Warfare was a good idea? I mean, at least put a 4!

The only reason modern warfare was called call of duty 4 at the time was because that was before the series turned into the global monster it would quickly become, there weren't that many games yet, and treyarch only just started to develop its own equally good style shortly afterwards(cod 3 was thier first main game that wasn't a console compromise title like the ps2 cods iirc). They pretty much dropped numbering them afterwards in favor of just letting each new game either do its own thing or be part of a separate numbered subseries. Thats why modern warfare remasteder isn't called call of duty 4 mw remastered and is just call of duty mw remastered.

But that saga ended with 3.... 

Are they planning to go worldwide in a quest for the 7 dragon balls to revive Makarov, so we can kill him again on MW8? ?

I'd be down for that.... but once it's free on PS+ cuz I refuse to buy anything with Activision on the box.

• Like 2

I just hope this one will have a SP campaign (I didn't even get Black Ops 4 because of that), & not require a day one patch just to play the damn thing (Like WWII did, kinda defeats the whole purpose of buying physical games when they do that shit). <_< 

No way. So this one is being called "Modern Warfare" as well. Why not call it Modern Warfare 4? No, wait... I've got it! Maybe Modern Warfare 6, for the sake of bringing out a couple prequels later on. But anyway... MW should have been left closed with part 3.

This is most likely another one I'll be skipping. Get Treyarch started on Black Ops 5 with a campaign or GTFO.

6 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Are they planning to go worldwide in a quest for the 7 dragon balls to revive Makarov, so we can kill him again on MW8?

Makarov comes back as a 3 meter tall cyber-zombie armed with the MTX-10 weapon (named for Microtransactions to the 10th degree), which is a ripoff of Doom Eternal's BFG 10000. ?

• Like 2