Shigabane

So, I finished the game today and I'd like to go for the platinum.  Any tips on farming shigabane?  Specifically the shigabane involving boss attacks and being completely surrounded by enemies.  I've been grinding for hours and getting bosses to do certain attacks is really hit or miss with me and it's getting kinda frustrating. 

Some general tips for farming Shigabane:

• Abuse your autosaves. Since the game autosaves every floor, use this to your advantage when farming shigabanes. This is especially helpful for getting status ailment Shigabanes off of bosses who rarely spawn (like Wrath). So if you get killed and you didn't get the Shigabane you were grinding for, reload the autosave and try again till you do.
  • Revive without shigabane bonuses so that you can save points since you're just going to lose it all the bonuses by dying anyways. 
  • None of the Shigabanes are missable.

For the Shigabane where you need to be surrounded by enemies, I'd suggest doing it on the last floor of stage 2 (treehouse) where there should be an overabundance of monkeys. Make sure to bring disposable, low-level armor so that you don't die too quickly while you wait for the monkeys to surround you. I was able to get it on difficulty IV. Which boss are you trying to get Shigabanes from?

• Like 3

The bosses that I can't ever seem to find are Pride, Sloth, and Armored Kurosuke.  Gluttony, Lust, and Envy I have no problems finding, and Wrath is kind of hit or miss but I find him more reliably than the others.  I've never even see Pride again and Sloth like to randomly spawn everywhere BUT the top of Mashiro tower. 

For as much as I abused auto save when it came to farming super rare mats like the poisonous stem, it never occurred to me to do it for bosses and specific attacks.  Time to save scum like my life depended on it.

Yeah the bosses' spawns are a bit random since they appear on certain in-game days according to other players. The way I went about it, if the boss I need isn't there, then I move on to other Shigabanes so that days can pass and hopefully respawn later on. 

- I found Pride consistently in his stage 4 boss room quite often but if he's not there, then try Stage 4 - Flooded Area. I remember running into him often whenever I was down there on higher difficulties.

- Sloth gave me a hard time too since he's rarely in his boss room in Stage 1. I did run into him a lot on Stage 4 - Cabin Deck in the room with the ladder leading to the boss floor.

- Armored Kurosuke only spawns in stage 7 and it alternates between his normal form with his knife and his armored form with his cliones. If the Kurosuke you need isn't there, then pass some days in game and try again later.

Reloading auto saves is a must when it comes to grinding out boss Shigabanes because if one of your characters die and you didn't you get the Shigabane you wanted, then you gotta exit the dungeon and revive which runs the risk of the boss despawning which is very annoying. 

• Like 2

Awesome.  Thanks so much for all of the tips and advice.  I should be able to hammer out the last few Shigabane I need to nab the platinum now.  This game really grabbed me so I’ve been pretty committed to 100 percenting it.

Thanks again!

• Like 1