This trophy list is an RNG nightmare.

iGGTheEnd

Holy shit is this list a fucking nightmare.  Some of these trophies will take forever to get the correct RNG to set up.  Like beating the game with only 5 cards.  First you would have to get the correct 5 cards then manage to have enough gold and meet enough shopkeepers to delete your other cards and get the correct runes to delete some cards as well. 

Then there is stuff like achieve 999 armor I have done 10+ runs without even seeing a barricade and when I finally get a barricade on a run I didn't plan on doing that achievement with I had already taken a rune that damages enemies over time so eventually they just die.  

Then theres fucking Kill donu with the Feed card.  The feed card is legendary so you have to get lucky enough to get the card and then you have to play all the way to the end of the game and pray that the final boss is donu and then hold off long enough to kill him with feed. 

And the most insane trophy of them all beat the game in 20 minutes,  first of all I have to get lucky enough to just be able to smash my face into my controller and hopefully win every battle without dieing and in under 20 or so seconds.

Anyone who has played this on PC is there a super in depth guide on cutting down your RNG to be able to get some of the crazier trophies?

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 3

Killing Donu with Feed is not difficult. Almost every fight with Donu, I have had 1-2 Feed cards. You need to manipulate the game in your favor. Every Boss fight gives 3 different legendary cards, moreso with relics, with so little rare cards for Ironclad, it is a 5-10 run trophy. The hardest trophy without a doubt is ascension 20, I am at 9, and it is ramping up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MujongtheKhajiit said:

Killing Donu with Feed is not difficult. Almost every fight with Donu, I have had 1-2 Feed cards. You need to manipulate the game in your favor. Every Boss fight gives 3 different legendary cards, moreso with relics, with so little rare cards for Ironclad, it is a 5-10 run trophy. The hardest trophy without a doubt is ascension 20, I am at 9, and it is ramping up.

Ya after playing for bit and understanding the game more the Speed run and Ascension 20 trophies seem insane.

Also beating the game with a 5 card deck seems pretty hard as well as killing Transient just because you need a very refined deck and finding transient is quite rare.

33 minutes ago, MujongtheKhajiit said:

The one relic run was an abosulte RNG nightmare. Even if the RNG goes in your favor, one rogue Boss attack will end it. Tips for anyone reading: Ironclad - Snake Eye (confuse) relic - build pure damage with Double Tap, and pray to the RNG gods that you don't get Donu and Deca.

Ya I'm gonna do that trophy this week sometime and knowing my luck I'll get donu because my last 4 runs where I got feed I ended up with timekeeper.

The RNG levels are insane on this game - but it's gonna keep be playing it for a long time already.  I only just realised yesterday that as you up the ascension it only unlocks with the character that you beat it with.  Makes sense i guess, i just didnt notice.

I can't get my head around the best way to play the third class, but i'm sure it will come with time

I would love to get this plat - this will be defo be my rarest if i do

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

The RNG levels are insane on this game - but it's gonna keep be playing it for a long time already.  I only just realised yesterday that as you up the ascension it only unlocks with the character that you beat it with.  Makes sense i guess, i just didnt notice.

I can't get my head around the best way to play the third class, but i'm sure it will come with time

I would love to get this plat - this will be defo be my rarest if i do

Ya I want this plat as well but it's gonna be a long one so I will do it between games for like a year.  And ya the third class is a bitch to play I feel like I either have too little damage or too little armor.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya I want this plat as well but it's gonna be a long one so I will do it between games for like a year.  And ya the third class is a bitch to play I feel like I either have too little damage or too little armor.

I'm really enjoying it, i need to slow down and stop making stupid mistakes

I've not won with the third class and on A4 on both others - starting to get tough - A20 sounds like it will be a nightmare ?

I'm open to any tips for that third class

Edited by chickenbaltipie

RNG Nightmare indeed but I have accumulated over 50hrs on Steam and now over 10hrs on PS4 and havent lost the enjoyment in the game xD

My advice is to just play and enjoy the game until you have in depth understanding of the 3 characters and card sets to best deal with the trophies!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Connor CC-135 said:

RNG Nightmare indeed but I have accumulated over 50hrs on Steam and now over 10hrs on PS4 and havent lost the enjoyment in the game xD

My advice is to just play and enjoy the game until you have in depth understanding of the 3 characters and card sets to best deal with the trophies!

I've spent 50 hours on PS4 and about another 20 just watching streamers like NL

I'm really enjoying it, slowly picking up tips learning from mistakes

I can't understand why there are so few people playing this game according to PSNP?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chickenbaltipie said:

I've spent 50 hours on PS4 and about another 20 just watching streamers like NL

I'm really enjoying it, slowly picking up tips learning from mistakes

I can't understand why there are so few people playing this game according to PSNP?

Ya I'm not sure it's easily one of the most addicting games I've ever played, a lot of people seem to not even realize it is on PS4.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya I'm not sure it's easily one of the most addicting games I've ever played, a lot of people seem to not even realize it is on PS4.

i thought that the rougelike community would jump all over this

I've not been hooked into a game this much since Isaac/Gungeon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

i thought that the rougelike community would jump all over this

I've not been hooked into a game this much since Isaac/Gungeon

I see you haven't played Deadcells on your account,big you haven't played it, it is another amazing roguelike I recommend.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I see you haven't played Deadcells on your account,big you haven't played it, it is another amazing roguelike I recommend.

i have https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7983-dead-cells/chickenbaltipie ?

I really like it, for some reason i stopped playing. (probably something new and shiny) I will defo keep going for that plat becuase i really like it

Open to other recommendations tho :-)

• 2 years later...

I just got the Platinum Trophy with an total Playtime of 25h 41m 52s (ingame Statistics).
You people totally over exaggerate the Time needed for 100%.
And no, its not at all that RNG Heavy if you just do it like me and only follow the "?"-Paths. You get so many good Decks that the game is a breeze.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hey there is some way to manipulate RNG to guarantee donu as a boss. Basically you need to start a new save, play through and win and then you are guaranteed to get donu as a boss on your second run on the new save. 

There is a YouTube video of one guy that speedruns all trophies in 9 hours and he uses that strat! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Any tips for Speed Climber ? It's the only trophy i'm concerned about.

Speedrun videos with 4mins runs are like unwatchable, and i cant really take anything from them.

It was easy with IronClad. Don't unlock act 4, you only need to beat act 3's boss to get the trophy. Jump into your settings and turn on fast mode (removes animations).

Focus on a strength deck, ignore block entirely and rely on your starting relic's healing. Hit as many act 1 elites as you can to snowball your stats.

Give yourself 5 minutes for act 1, and 6 minutes for act 2. Should be more than enough of a buffer for the hallway fights and boss in act 3.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 5:56 AM, LihapullaPoju said:

This game is a absolute nightmare to try and enjoy playing, it takes so long to get familiar and recognise good routes and combos. I really want to try for ironclad wins but that deck is so boring at the start

Ironclad gets interesting, though. He’s great for “Common Sense”;  build around Perfected Strike, and suddenly, those early Strike cards seem so much better.

On 10/05/2022 at 11:56 AM, LihapullaPoju said:

This game is a absolute nightmare to try and enjoy playing, it takes so long to get familiar and recognise good routes and combos. I really want to try for ironclad wins but that deck is so boring at the start

I finished Ascension lv 20 with Ironclad just recently actually - I found him to be the easiest to run ascension levels, as he can absolutely wreck enemies so fast they can't do any damage. 

My Ironclad tips:

• Concentrate on taking as many multiplier strength cards as possible - every Flex, Enflame, Spot Weakness and especially Demon Form and Limit Break.
    • (Remember, flex wears off after a turn, but the added effect is still multiplied, and that extra stays. What I mean by that is, if you have strength 0, and use two upgraded flexes, that makes it 8 for one turn... but if you use a Limit Break, that doubles it to 16, and it only loses the initial 8 after that turn.)

• Always take any Ritual potions when offered - and save them to pop at the start of bosses.

• Remove defence cards - never strikes, as you want them to make Perfected Strikes hit harder.

• Take a couple of Heavy Blades if you can - those will be your finishers. 

• Upgrade Double Taps and Limit Breaks if you want, but most importantly, get one or two Armaments, and upgrade those immediately - if you have those upgraded, then you never need to upgrade anything else, as they will upgrade all your other cards in battle, and them you can concentrate on just healing at rest sites.

• If offered, take a Reaper, as a single use will max your health from near 0 once your strength cards kick in.

•  Try to get a Shockwave - an upgraded shockwave will last 5 turns of both weakening and making vulnerable everything on screen. 5 turns is long enough to be at around Strength 30-40, by using your multipliers which will end almost any battle in one turn.

• Aside from that, just take anything that gives more energy, or lets you cycle through your deck fast - Pyramid is the best boss Relic, but aside from that, just take anything that increases how many cards you can play in one turn, or draws more cards.

Other than that - have fun!

It's a hell of a great game!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

With regard to the title of this thread - how much RNG is there really if the all-achievements speedrun for StS (as of today) is 2:52:40? Well, take it lightly - I mean it as a joke as obviously there is a fair amount of RNG inolved, though nothing that wouldn't be overcome within several attempts (and to me it's actually fun RNG - without it the game could actually become boring too soon). 

• 3 months later...

My son and I started playing this and we had great fun, I loved how Ironclad had all these moves that were like a wrestler, e.g. Clothesline. ?

The Silence was awesome with all her Ninja-like skills and on rounds we were just peppering enemies with 0 energy Shivs. ?

I just need to start it on my account now and it will take tons true, but this is a game you can play in-between other games, have done fun with it working towards the trophies and you will get them in time. ⚒️??