Star Ocean First Departure R announced for PS4

Hype! First Departure is tied for my favorite game in the Star Ocean series. Finally getting a rerelease is really exciting for me. I'll probably end up picking it up on both Switch and PS4, but I'll definitely get it on PS4 first. 

27 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

That's good I guess. Hopefully if it does well they'll get off their asses and finally translate 2.

The game already translated, both ps1 and psp version have come out to the west. I hope we will get the second story one day.

I'll buy it only to help with the release of Second Story. First Departure is extremely short by JRPG standards and the PSP remake was pretty much just a lite version of the second game. Still waiting on a Valkyrie Profile release SE

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, majob said:

Still waiting on a Valkyrie Profile release SE

Same. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (sp?) was the 1st VP game I’ve ever played and loved it.

On topic: this is good as I never played the older Star Ocean games. Til The End of Time was my very 1st Star Ocean experience and I absolutely loved it. Will be getting this for sure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Same. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (sp?) was the 1st VP game I’ve ever played and loved it.

On topic: this is good as I never played the older Star Ocean games. Til The End of Time was my very 1st Star Ocean experience and I absolutely loved it. Will be getting this for sure. 

If you haven't played Lenneth then you absolutely need to, definitely one of the best JRPGs of the PS1 without a doubt. Covenant of the Plume wasn't bad either.

First Departure is very short just to let you know, you'll go from the beginning of the game to the end without even realizing it. Think of it less as its own game and more as a prologue to the second.

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Well that one is just a port of the psp game, you can still play 2 in english on either the ps1 or psp

And I do. It's one of my favorite games though and I'd love to have that plat on my list. Kind of sucks knowing the only thing standing in the way of that is a translation lol.

That's nice, probably won't purchase as I've already played the PSP version. Not even trophies would be an incentive because no way am I gonna grind for a Star Ocean platinum.

Now that user who demanded Valkyrie Profile, yes please I'd gladly replay that game.