How many people do I need for everything?

VirtualNight

So, it seems that 6 is the right number, but there is a challenge called "Mr.Show" ( Be the best player on a team of 6 )... does that mean that for this specific challenge I need a 7th player (if it is possible to be 6vs1, otherwise an 8th one)? everything, and I underline everything  is doable with 6 people or less?

7 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Lol. Is your goal to get all insane mp platinums 

Maybe I will even do FC2 one day ?

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You need 8 players for the "Feats, don't fail me now" trophy.

A guide states you can set unbalanced teams like 5vs1, making things like multikill doable in 6.

4 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

Maybe I will even do FC2 one day 1f60e.png

A guide states you can set unbalanced teams like 5vs1, making things like multikill doable in 6.

Far Cry 2 is absolutely nothing compared to Inversion.

Sadly i cant remember much about that challenge in particular, i remember our group having a bit of trouble getting together people to do it with, and i have memories of needing more then 6 for it.

Another challenge that we had trouble with on low player counts was the '15 kills in 1 minute' with the heavy machinegun, the thing barely had enough ammo and you needed a lot of players on the other side beelining straight to the person going for the challenge, and even then it was trouble

Goodluck on trying to get this 100% though, It's probably the worst grind I've completed and I have completed some pretty bad ones.

EDIT: also, warning, BACKUP YOUR SAVE DATA. One of my boosting partners actually had their data corrupted and lost all progress close to the end of the grind, don't let that be you. I and a few others in the group also had PS3 problems after we finished, probably due to all the crashes and freezes the game constantly throws at you, i had to get mine replaced.

Edited by Orphioon
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

Far Cry 2 is absolutely nothing compared to Inversion.

Sadly i cant remember much about that challenge in particular, i remember our group having a bit of trouble getting together people to do it with, and i have memories of needing more then 6 for it.

Another challenge that we had trouble with on low player counts was the '15 kills in 1 minute' with the heavy machinegun, the thing barely had enough ammo and you needed a lot of players on the other side beelining straight to the person going for the challenge, and even then it was trouble

Goodluck on trying to get this 100% though, It's probably the worst grind I've completed and I have completed some pretty bad ones.

EDIT: also, warning, BACKUP YOUR SAVE DATA. One of my boosting partners actually had their data corrupted and lost all progress close to the end of the grind, don't let that be you. I and a few others in the group also had PS3 problems after we finished, probably due to all the crashes and freezes the game constantly throws at you, i had to get mine replaced.

Wow, this can easily drop anyone's moral, this seems like an Ubi/EA game... thanks for all these info ?

Skirmish (Deathmatch) - 250 matches with 2 players;
Small Grav Skirmish (Gravity Slaughter / Grav Control / King of Gravity) - 750 matches with 2 players. There are the quad kills challenges where 4 players are needed. You'd better try them in a Gravity Slaughter match, as the damage in this mode is higher.
Team Skirmish (Team Deathmatch) - 250 matches with 6 players; There's a fast way to grind it. One team quits the match, as the other don't. Like this, the remaining team will have the match counted. So, instead of 20 minutes a match, this will take around 3-4 (if done properly);
Small Grav Objective (Assault / Hourglass) - 500 matches with 6 players. Can also be boosted with the quiting method;
Big Team Skirmish (Team Deathmatch) - 8 players for the "Mr. Shot" challenge. You'll have to create a party in the main menu with 6 players, and the other 2 will simply search for the match. Like this the game will start with one team with 6 players and the other team with 2. You'll have to win both rounds for the challenge to pop. The quiting method doesn't work here;
Survival - 30 matches with 4 players. But it might take you more, as there are a lot of challenges to be completed, but nothing impossible.

The Weapon Challenges are quite simple. The Gravlink challenges don't count towards any thophy, but they give some good XP.

But, the Heavy Machine Gun challenge (Precision Plus) requires you to kill 15 enemies in 1 minute. So, with at least 5 players, you can do this easily.

• Like 2

Ahhh, so it wasn't just my group whose ps3's got wiped out by this god awful game. 

My main PS3 stopped reading discs after hard crashing. The same thing happened to 2 others in my group, only 1 guy didn't get affected. 

To anyone thinking anout starting this game: don't bother. Myself and a friend always said that it's not worth it, and it's true. It's 350hrs of mindless grinding, on a game that will more than likely cost you a PS3, for a 1.25% platinum. I know most people value their games by enjoyment rather than rarity, which probably is the right way to go about it, but this game is junk. That applies to the campaign too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordRandom85 said:

Skirmish (Deathmatch) - 250 matches with 2 players;
Small Grav Skirmish (Gravity Slaughter / Grav Control / King of Gravity) - 750 matches with 2 players. There are the quad kills challenges where 4 players are needed. You'd better try them in a Gravity Slaughter match, as the damage in this mode is higher.
Team Skirmish (Team Deathmatch) - 250 matches with 6 players; There's a fast way to grind it. One team quits the match, as the other don't. Like this, the remaining team will have the match counted. So, instead of 20 minutes a match, this will take around 3-4 (if done properly);
Small Grav Objective (Assault / Hourglass) - 500 matches with 6 players. Can also be boosted with the quiting method;
Big Team Skirmish (Team Deathmatch) - 8 players for the "Mr. Shot" challenge. You'll have to create a party in the main menu with 6 players, and the other 2 will simply search for the match. Like this the game will start with one team with 6 players and the other team with 2. You'll have to win both rounds for the challenge to pop. The quiting method doesn't work here;
Survival - 30 matches with 4 players. But it might take you more, as there are a lot of challenges to be completed, but nothing impossible.

The Weapon Challenges are quite simple. The Gravlink challenges don't count towards any thophy, but they give some good XP.

But, the Heavy Machine Gun challenge (Precision Plus) requires you to kill 15 enemies in 1 minute. So, with at least 5 players, you can do this easily.

Awesome explanation, thanks ?

1 hour ago, Akira9393 said:

This grind literally killed my PS3 haha, also pretty much you need 8p for the 15 kills with the machine gun trophy, the long grind aka the wins,  you just need 6p.

Damn, again that I hear this, a game that can break a ps3. If i had thought better, I wouldn't have bought this game, but now is too late to retreat, I gotta risk. I have few games left to do on ps3 and it would reaaallyyyy suck to break my only one right now. Holy water and crucifix are ready, I can only hope for the best.

Maybe I should stop since so far I haven't confirmed entries yet; and leave this game for definitely the last one I will ever do on ps3 so if this one breaks then just goodbye and welcome ps4.