How are people completing the game in less than 30 minutes?

5 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't the uber hard NES one AFAIK. It's just a beat'em up. And looking at the trophies... Do you even have to beat it? Doesn't seem so.

You don't need to beat the game. It's just like the other Arcade Archives games, where you typically just need to reach certain scores which vary by game, and then play a game of High Score mode and get a score online and that's all there is to it.

Also how do i get HI SCORE Player? Ive gotten scores around 4500-5000 everytime and still didnt get my score posted on the leaderboard.

I'm on HI score mode if anyone thinks im doing it wrong

@KingGuy420 No, you don't have to beat the game to earn the score-related trophies. Ive gotten the last one in stage 5.

• 9 months later...

There is a spot in level 4 where you can leech like hell. At the lake where there are some trees that you can swing on, where there are some cyclops coming up from the water...  18:50 in this video is where you do it. When they splash down, they die and give you 300 points. Momojirou gets to over 230.000 this way. For a normal playthrough with no leeching I'd guess you could get about 200.000. I've seen the hi-score mode record on PSN being about 419.300. This makes the 120.000 trophy easy.

The Japanese version Ninja Ryukenden is IMO the better of the two. Stage 3's BGM (my favorite) gets a longer mix, and the enemies in the final stage do only their normal amount of damage. In the USA Ninja Gaiden, they can take off 1 or 2 full blocks from your life bar with a knockdown, and the final boss can one-shot you. Hi-Score mode apparently uses Gaiden, because it doesn't say "Ninja... RYUKENDEN!" after a stage is finished.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 2