Telltale Games being removed

Chris-F124

5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Are the games also removed from PS Now? 

I'm mainly interested in Tales from Monkey Island and Batman Enemy Within. I didn't played the last 2 seasons of TWD, but that's something that I really don't care, except maybe to have 1 trophy list done for each game... 

I would get Tales of Monkey Island as soon as you can. It’s a digital only game and I have a feeling it won’t be around much longer on PSN. 

Batman: The Enemy Within on the other hand should be okay for a bit. I also plan to buy this in the coming future. Mildly enjoyed the first Batman TellTale game and I expect to see more of the same.

38 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I would get Tales of Monkey Island as soon as you can. It’s a digital only game and I have a feeling it won’t be around much longer on PSN. 

Batman: The Enemy Within on the other hand should be okay for a bit. I also plan to buy this in the coming future. Mildly enjoyed the first Batman TellTale game and I expect to see more of the same.

Actually it's not available to buy anymore (in EU at least), I checked before I made my post. 

Also 2 weeks ago I run PS Now free trial to see if it was stable to play here (hit and miss, not visible for precision stuff), and when I tested it, I saw that Monkey Island was there... I should have played it.. 

I'm willing to pay 15€ for a month of PS Now if it is still there and playable, since that's likely my only option, if it is still there.. 

Will at least buy Batman ASAP (if they don't delist it in rhe next day or 2..).

On 5/26/2019 at 5:19 AM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Game of thrones episode 1 is gone, even if you had it downloaded previously and deleted it, there’s no way to get it. So you can’t install the other episodes to play. I tried USA and uk store. Which is annoying as i have that game incomplete. 

do you know if someone has episode 1 downloaded (because it was free) and still have the free first episode, can you somehow buy the other episodes in game or something? got is a awfull game as most telltale games are except walking dead. but id prob buy it just to make it platinum

I realise this is probably a dumb question, but if I've previously purchased a TT game and deleted it from my console (claims it's still part of my PSN library) will I be able to re-download it? Or shall I do a mass-download tonight just to be safe? ?

4 minutes ago, stellanovas said:

I realise this is probably a dumb question, but if I've previously purchased a TT game and deleted it from my console (claims it's still part of my PSN library) will I be able to re-download it? Or shall I do a mass-download tonight just to be safe? 1f62c.png

Should be able to redownload it. I have delisted games and I can download them as I please. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kittet3 said:

Should be able to redownload it. I have delisted games and I can download them as I please. 

As long as people buy the games BEFORE then they’re fine. 

Otherwise they’re shit out of luck. There is one other way but that is against the rules of your website and it leaves your personal information exposed.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

As long as people buy the games BEFORE then they’re fine. 

Otherwise they’re shit out of luck. There is one other way but that is against the rules of your website and it leaves your personal information exposed.

So you probably shouldn't bring it up then. 

I can still download the PS4 version of BttF, which is good, because that's the only one I'm likely to replay to be honest. 

But I've tested with Game of Thrones, and even though it's purchased and in my library, I don't have the option to download episode 1, only episodes 2-6, which makes it unplayable. I've already platted it, and probably wouldn't give it another go, but it's galling that I don't have the option to replay a game that I bought fair and square for a system that is still active. 

Never mind, though, it's one of those things, I guess. 

If you get any Telltale Game go download all Episodes immediately PS3, PS4, or PS Vita then you have no worries about being able to redownload when they get delisted.

If you add them to your library or purchased games then if you want to play them then you can redownload episodes.

Edited by Daxterman20

16 minutes ago, Daxterman20 said:

If you get any Telltale Game go download all Episodes immediately PS3, PS4, or PS Vita then you have no worries about being able to redownload when they get delisted.

If you add them to your library or purchased games then if you want to play them then you can redownload episodes.

May just be GoT (only one I've tried), but you don't have the option to download episode 1 from your library /purchased games, only episodes 2-6

18 hours ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Ok so my Game of Thrones PS3 Disc came in the mail 10 mins ago, this is the UK Disc BLES-02215 Episode 1-5 are on the Disc and 6 you just click download and it works fines.

WTF?! Episode 6 of Game Of Thrones ISN'T on the disc? Well you can hardly call it a disc version then....

Delisting feels like the exact opposite of preorder.

You either buy a game before it's even released, or you buy a game before it's unreleased/removed.

I really hate this digital future. I know Sony is too big to fail but imagine if Sony dropped the Playstation one day or went out of business.

That would be ALL games delisted.

The Ouya store was recently closed down and while that device was absolute shit all the games you bought can no longer be downloaded, it serves a big warning to a devastating future, like if you got banned from PSN and had your account deleted for something that might not have been your fault.

That's most of your library gone and no doubt all your cloud save data as well.

• Like 1

Note: These are all UK PS3 + PS4 Retail Discs.

Well now that I own all PS3 Retail Discs, I can confirm the following.

Playstation 3 Retail Discs

Back to the Future : BLES-01596 : Contains Episode 1-5 All on Disc.
Batman The Telltale Series : BLES-02245 : Contains Episode 1 on Disc, and Episode 2-5 as Download.
Game of Thrones : BLES-02215 : Contains Episode 1-5 All on Disc, and Episode 6 as Download.

Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 : BLES-02214 : Contains Episode 1 on Disc, and Episode 2-5 as Download.
Minecraft Story Mode The Complete Adventure : BLES-02246 : Contains Episode 1-5 and DLC Episode 6-8 All on Disc.

The Walking Dead Season 1 : BLES-01833 : Contains Episode 1-5 All on Disc.
The Walking Dead Season 1 Game of the Year Edition : BLES-01975 : Contains Episode 1-5 and 400 Days All on Disc.
The Walking Dead Season 2 : BLES-02099 : Contains Episode 1-5 All on Disc.
The Wolf Among Us : BLES-02098 : Contains Episode 1-5 All on Disc.

Playstation 4 Retail Discs

Batman The Telltale Series : CUSA-05598 : Contains Episode 1 on Disc, and Episode 2-5 as Download.

Batman The Telltale Series The Enemy With : CUSA-09158 : Contains Episode 1 on Disc, and Episode 2-5 as Download.

MARVEL Guardians of the Gaxlaxy The Telltale Series : CUSA-07816 : Contains Episode 1 on Disc, and Episode 2-5 as Download.

Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 : CUSA-08690 : Contains Episode 1 on Disc, and Episode 2-5 as Download.
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season Plus 400 Days : CUSA-10111 : Contains Episode 1-5 and 400 Days All on Disc.
The Walking Dead Collection : CUSA-09461 : Contains Season 1 Episode 1-5 and 400, Season 2 Episode 1-5, Michonne Episode 1-3 and A New Frontier Episode 1-5 All on Disc

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier : CUSA-06902 : Contains Episode 1 on Disc, and Episode 2-5 as Download.

Edited by BTHRZeroX
Updating Information
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Actually it's not available to buy anymore (in EU at least), I checked before I made my post. 

Also 2 weeks ago I run PS Now free trial to see if it was stable to play here (hit and miss, not visible for precision stuff), and when I tested it, I saw that Monkey Island was there... I should have played it.. 

I'm willing to pay 15€ for a month of PS Now if it is still there and playable, since that's likely my only option, if it is still there.. 

Will at least buy Batman ASAP (if they don't delist it in rhe next day or 2..).

Tales of Monkey Island is no longer on PS Now. I think it was removed a long time ago. You probably saw Secret of Monkey Island on there.

@Milktastrophe

No, it was definitely Tales of the Monkey Island Episode 1-5 (individually), I even double checked 2 hours ago and they were there, but since I don't have ps Now currently, when I hit to start, it sent me to the store to subscribe to ps Now. 

The first game icon was the same as this on psn store:

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/product/EP2026-NPEB00265_00-MNK1010000000KEY

When I did the free trial I tried to start it, but was taking forever to load, so I gave up (it was also not starting Dirt Rally or Primal, that I actually had started on the day before, so, I assumed it was my internet being to slow/unstable, and not the game not being available any longer). 

The 2 Secret of the Monkey Island games actually are still on psn, I was thinking in getting those along Batman Enemy Within tomorrow. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Is it confirmed they are getting took off the store or is this pure speculation? because everything is still on the store and I dont fancy buying both Batman games immediately if this turns out to be not true

Edited by XPaddyCFCX

16 hours ago, Batmannequin said:

I can still download the PS4 version of BttF, which is good, because that's the only one I'm likely to replay to be honest. 

But I've tested with Game of Thrones, and even though it's purchased and in my library, I don't have the option to download episode 1, only episodes 2-6, which makes it unplayable. I've already platted it, and probably wouldn't give it another go, but it's galling that I don't have the option to replay a game that I bought fair and square for a system that is still active. 

Call Sony and give them hell u should be able to

17 hours ago, Batmannequin said:

When you go to download it, it gives you an option of episodes 2-6 because they are considered DLC. If you don't select any and just click download, then episode 1 will download on its own. (I confirmed with my own copy of Game of Thrones)

Edit;

This is because BttF was released as a single game. Game of Thrones and a majority of Telltale games were released by episodes, with only the first episode being classified as a game and the rest being classified as DLC. 

Edited by Kittet3

11 minutes ago, XPaddyCFCX said:

Is it confirmed they are getting took off the store or is this pure speculation? because everything is still on the store and I dont fancy buying both Batman games immediately if this turns out to be not true

Not Speculation at all, Tales of Monkey Island, Back to the Future, Game of Thrones, Minecraft Story Mode + DLC, and Minecraft Story Mode Season Two are all removed from the store right now.

If you haven't done so before you can no longer download Episode 1 of any of them or buy the season passes.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

@Milktastrophe

No, it was definitely Tales of the Monkey Island Episode 1-5 (individually), I even double checked 2 hours ago and they were there, but since I don't have ps Now currently, when I hit to start, it sent me to the store to subscribe to ps Now. 

The first game icon was the same as this on psn store:

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/product/EP2026-NPEB00265_00-MNK1010000000KEY

When I did the free trial I tried to start it, but was taking forever to load, so I gave up (it was also not starting Dirt Rally or Primal, that I actually had started on the day before, so, I assumed it was my internet being to slow/unstable, and not the game not being available any longer). 

The 2 Secret of the Monkey Island games actually are still on psn, I was thinking in getting those along Batman Enemy Within tomorrow. 

Well I can tell you with 100% certainty that Tales of Monkey Island is not on PS Now in NA. I've never heard of EU PS Now having games that NA didn't, only the other way around, but maybe this time EU has something extra.