Telltale Games being removed

Chris-F124

12 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Well I can tell you with 100% certainty that Tales of Monkey Island is not on PS Now in NA. I've never heard of EU PS Now having games that NA didn't, only the other way around, but maybe this time EU has something extra.

Nope EU Guy here and yeah its not accessible, also I love how this person is stealing info from this thread without credit

I mean I get it but damn they couldn't even get the information right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Nope EU Guy here and yeah its not accessible, also I love how this person is stealing info from this thread without credit

Stealing information? All they had to do was look up the telltale games on the Playstation store to see if it was still there or not.

3 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Stealing information? All they had to do was look up the telltale games on the Playstation store to see if it was still there or not.

Including the disc information that I posted like 20 mins before they just happen to create that thread?.... Yeah I think not...

Oh and copying the direct format thing this post on this thread

Edited by BTHRZeroX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Including the disc information that I posted like 20 mins before they just happen to create that thread?.... Yeah I think not...

Ahh, I see what you're talking about now. I would just ask them to link to your post or something- especially since you were checking EU disks and that thread is for NA so (although unlikely), there might be differences. 

Just now, Kittet3 said:

Ahh, I see what you're talking about now. I would just ask them to link to your post or something- especially since you were checking EU disks and that thread is for NA so (although unlikely), there might be differences. 

Yeah I mean I am all for fair use of information but correct information is better xD

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Ok, thanks for confirming that even if it still shows up on PS Now, it's not working.

I will see if I grab the others tomorrow (if it ends up being to late, I will have to look for the disc version of Batman Enemy Within, since that's what I'm more interested in) 

3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, thanks for confirming that even if it still shows up on PS Now, it's not working.

I will see if I grab the others tomorrow (if it ends up being to late, I will have to look for the disc version of Batman Enemy Within, since that's what I'm more interested in) 

from what I can tell from the discs I got this week, they will always be safe as the episodes I have download are not the ones on the store front. It still says I can buy them even though I have them, and the download list links to a different page for that episode one that is not found via searching.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTHRZeroX said:

from what I can tell from the discs I got this week, they will always be safe as the episodes I have download are not the ones on the store front. It still says I can buy them even though I have them, and the download list links to a different page for that episode one that is not found via searching.

That's good to know! 

28 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I'm sorry. I didn't know you had also created a list since I haven't been to this post in days. I looked up all the information on my PSN store in North America. I wanted people to have easy access since this can be confusing since I always saw this thread pop up on the homepage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Not Speculation at all, Tales of Monkey Island, Back to the Future, Game of Thrones, Minecraft Story Mode + DLC, and Minecraft Story Mode Season Two are all removed from the store right now.

If you haven't done so before you can no longer download Episode 1 of any of them or buy the season passes.

Oh sh*t, yeah I own those games thats why I didnt know whats happening because they are all on the store for me. Guess im getting the Batmans. I recommend people get the Guardians of the Galaxy game. Iv played most telltale games and that one is up there with my favourites.

10 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

When you go to download it, it gives you an option of episodes 2-6 because they are considered DLC. If you don't select any and just click download, then episode 1 will download on its own. (I confirmed with my own copy of Game of Thrones)

Edit;

This is because BttF was released as a single game. Game of Thrones and a majority of Telltale games were released by episodes, with only the first episode being classified as a game and the rest being classified as DLC. 

Haha, oops. Thanks for clearing that up 

• 1 year later...

I recently bought a physical copy of Batman The Enemy Within. The disc contains episode 1 only. When I browse the game, after installing it, I see the 4 episodes as Add-on. Downloaded all of them

Now when im in game, episodes 2 to 5 says "purchased but not downloaded". 

When in game, and i tried to download them, store couldnt open them. 

Have you guys know any solution for this? Am i still be able to play episode 2 to 5?

• 2 months later...

I just bought the Playstation 3 Retail Disc of Batman: The Telltale Series and i can confirm that it worked for me! Living in germany and bought the "BLES-02245" version. Downloading episode 2-5 was still a little bit tricky for me, as i couldn't download the missing episodes in first place. I had to close the game several times before the download option for the missing episodes showed up. So you are most likely restarting the game after downloading each episode to get the download option available. Otherwise there is just the notification that the episode will be available soon. At least this is what i have experienced^^ Oh and you have to update to version 1.06, before you get online access while in the game.

On 21.11.2020 at 10:51 AM, MegaZeroXX said:

I recently bought a physical copy of Batman The Enemy Within. The disc contains episode 1 only. When I browse the game, after installing it, I see the 4 episodes as Add-on. Downloaded all of them

Have you guys know any solution for this? Am i still be able to play episode 2 to 5?

Any solution so far? I guess you already deleted and reinstalled the game? I was lucky buying "The Telltale Batman Shadows Edition" from PSN store when it was on sale. Contains both games for PS4. Thought using the disc version should give you access anyway.

Edited by SkyTheB1RD

On 11/21/2020 at 1:51 AM, MegaZeroXX said:

8 hours ago, SkyTheB1RD said:

Any solution so far? I guess you already deleted and reinstalled the game? I was lucky buying "The Telltale Batman Shadows Edition" from PSN store when it was on sale. Contains both games for PS4. Thought using the disc version should give you access anyway.

Download the episodes manually from the store. The in-game downloader checks against the Telltale server first, but that's down for good.

Here is episode 2: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2026-CUSA09313_00-BAT2000000000EP2

Should be able to access them from the store via the on system store app.

Edited by Jelly Soup

I had a similar problem with a different game's DLC. Every time I tried to access it in the game, I was taken to the PSN store to purchase it, even though the store said I already had. It would not, however, show any option to download it. Instead I used the Playstation App, looked up the DLC title, and on there, it gave me the option to download it to my console. After that, it worked just fine. I know it is a different game, but it might be the same issue, so it is worth trying.

12 hours ago, Vitallani said:

I had a similar problem with a different game's DLC. Every time I tried to access it in the game, I was taken to the PSN store to purchase it, even though the store said I already had. It would not, however, show any option to download it. Instead I used the Playstation App, looked up the DLC title, and on there, it gave me the option to download it to my console. After that, it worked just fine. I know it is a different game, but it might be the same issue, so it is worth trying.

This is the solution for most DLC issues. If the games auto-opening of the store or the games built in store interface aren't working, going directly to the store from either the main app, the mobile app or the webstore will work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks, a bit too late on responding. 

@Jelly Soup

I have my main account registered on PSN HK. Searching for Batman: The Enemy Within in PSN HK store returns no results.

But when I logged on my PSN US account and tried there, i was able to download episode 2-5 as they are still available in PSN US store. When I switched back to my PSN HK account, booted up the game, episodes 2-5 are still shown "purchased but not downloaded". 

I guess I won't be able to finish playing episodes 2-5 on my main account :(

Edited by MegaZeroXX

This makes me super feckin' sad because I really enjoy their games, they are so much fun to play and there's not another set like them that I've found. There's still some on the store and I don't have the money to grab them before they disappear :( Hopefully I can find a disc copy of them like I did with Deadpool because there are still so many I want to play.

2 hours ago, MegaZeroXX said:

Sorry folks, a bit too late on responding. 

@Jelly Soup

I have my main account registered on PSN HK.

OH.

That's a different animal, then.

HK region in particular is pretty fickle about what it'll allow you to play when downloaded from different regions. I'm sure there is a trick for this somewhere, however.

Folks, another update. I was able to play and finished episodes 2-5 on my main PSN HK account :)

So initially after downloading episodes 2-5 on my PSN US account, when I switched back to PSN HK account, I can see the games shown as "purchased but not downloaded".

I switched back again to my PSN US account and from there set and activate the account as the Primary user (this can be done from the settings). After that I switched back to my PSN HK account and when I booted up the game, I can see episodes 2-5 as "Purchased and Installed". 

• Like 1