Brutal - Chapter 7

"Out Of The Frying Pan"

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be banned from creating, or even an opinion, for working on games.

Gunning from the jeep is pure luck, restart the checkpoint and I'm dead instantly. It's like that joke where only one person thinks it's hilarious. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

"Out Of The Frying Pan"

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be banned from creating, or even an opinion, for working on games.

Gunning from the jeep is pure luck, restart the checkpoint and I'm dead instantly. It's like that joke where only one person thinks it's hilarious. 

I know that this part is completely random bullshit but keep at it and RNG will smile at you. I can give you only one piece of advice and that is: Learn the spawn points and shoot the enemies before they appear. Stay strong and don't let the bullshit get to you.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 weren't really intended for Brutal difficulty and it's obvious with the way the games were designed. There was no Brutal difficulty in Uncharted 4 which tells me that the people who did the remasters for the PS4 thought it was a good idea to put Brutal difficulty in a game that was already tough enough on Crushing.

I abused the glitch for all three games because there was no way in hell I was going to play them all legit on Brutal. I have all the respect for the guys out there who did, because they had a lot more patience than I.

It's more luck than skill. Chapter 7 which is the Jeep section in this game is bullshit, and so was the train ride in Uncharted 2 and the Syrian castle in Uncharted 3. All hinge on luck and it's a crapshoot whether the enemy AI will kill you or you survive.

What glitch are you talking? I searched some glitchs but I never found someone who works on me.

Yeah it's given me random times to get to the checkpoint, I tried random controlled bursts, holding the trigger, it screws you all the same. Brutal is complete BS, I beat all 5 Uncharted games on Crushing, that was tough enough. If enemies can practically kill you in 1 hit, then I should be able to also. I don't know what Bluepoint Games who redid it for the PS4 were thinking. If I hear Elena say, "They're behind us" one more time I'm going to go crazy. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:26 PM, Spaz said:

Just read this thread:

Brutal Difficulty with Tweaks

It's much easier and less stressful with tweaks on than without them.

If you had to beat Brutal difficulty legit I guarantee you all three trophies for all three games would be Ultra Rare.

Yeah but the thing is, even with those tweeks, Chapter 7 is still the same even without them. 

• 2 months later...

This is what happens when coders think they can just up the slider on difficulty without play testing the game. 

Even on crushing it could be a pain, but brutal was a joke. Even the start of chapter 4 where the boat blows up and you have to run is RNG. Blue Point did such a bad job with this for the most part, and ND should have ripped them a new one for what could have wrecked the franchise for new buyers to the series. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Jesus christ, I just got to Chapter 7 on brutal, Who ever designed brutal mode for the Uncharted collection is either a sadist or a dumbass who never play tested the mode for any of the games. It's a goddamn miracle i got the brutal trophies for the other 2 games

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

Jesus christ, I just got to Chapter 7 on brutal, Who ever designed brutal mode for the Uncharted collection is either a sadist or a dumbass who never play tested the mode for any of the games. It's a goddamn miracle i got the brutal trophies for the other 2 games

Sure it is a challenge a unforgiving but is that not why you play on brutal mode? For a challenge. The chapter is more trail and error then all the other chapters but it is only short so how long can it take, really? Also, you can always use tweaks to make it easier. It is a bit much to say the designer(s) of this mode are "sadist or a dumbass" just because there is a tougher section in a game. It is the point of the mode to offer a challenge.

• Like 1

Yeah this chapter sucks on brutal. Fortunately, the checkpoints are forgiving enough. I must have died at least 20 times during this section, which sounds pretty bad in comparison to the rest of the game, but I just platinumed Nioh 2, so 20 deaths don't even feel like that many ?

There is a check point in this chapter that is sooooooooo bad.

After Elena avoids driving off the cliff and turns around, Drake will shift the turret to point forward, you will then be prompted to destroy an incoming truck, shortly after the road will split and you'll take the right path - this is the check point, however, three goons spawn and if you manage to avoid their pinpoint accuracy, two other goons will be waiting on the side of the road ready to 2-shot you as you drive past them. If you die between the check point mentioned and before destroying the road block in the cave, you'll have to replay this section over, with the three goons spawning instantly. 

I can't tell you how many times I had to hear Drake shout "Got em'!" over and over before I got lucky. 

As what others have said, brutal was not meant for a game such as this.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember this chapter very well, it was bullshit but naughty dogs likes this kind of difficulties and frustrating chapters. .  (TLOU Grounded Difficulty)

I finished this chapter in my 20-25th trying. I used only two tweaks in all remastered series, they are totally  annoying but not impossible.

The biggest thing in this game is patience.

• 4 months later...

Just got chapter 7 done, I have lost the number of deaths I had since the beginning of my playthrough. Honestly I understand brutal difficulty is supposed a challenge, but come on there is nothing fun when so many parts of the game will give you instant deaths even if you move carefully.

• 1 year later...