Destroyer of Demons Trophy

nbyrd921

So, can anyone who has the trophy confirm you have to complete the extra missions added in patches like Tea Time Entertainment and Secrets of the Dead for this trophy in addition to the main, sub, twilght and dojo missions?

You need to complete every single available mission. That's all main and side missions from version 1.0, the added new missions with patch 1.06 or whatever it was, all twilight and dojo missions. 

Have fun! :)

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

Secrets of the Dead was one of the worst missions to finish to get this trophy, the second round is especially brutal. There's plenty of space to run around in, but it's so easy to become paralysed/slothed from all angles before getting ganked.

If you haven't tried this mission yet, when the spiders first spawn, go for the giant one first. If you take out even one of the smaller spiders you'll have two giant spiders to deal with which is a real pain. Learn the spawn points of the first two Karakasa Umbrellas for the second wave and take them out as soon as they spawn in. Personally my next priority was the Flying Bolt, though I'm not sure if others would agree. But since more Karakasas spawn in, you definitely don't want the Flying Bolt to cast sloth on you. Even your living weapon does not protect against sloth/paralysis, so my tip is to use tiger running scrolls to increase your running speed. Whilst I always use quick time scrolls in situations like this, most of the time I get destroyed as soon as I spawn back into the fight, there's not always much of a window for respite - plus you have to reapply any buffs you were using.

The tengus, well - it's funny, most players seem to hate these enemies. I actually enjoy fighting them, and only ever use sloth on them now when in absolute dire straits. This is because once I realised you can dodge forward straight towards them through their long range staff swipe with correct timing (pretty much on the grunt they make), it's easy to get some hits in and back off before they likely do their spin kick. Spin kicks are often followed by the staff swipe too. It's best to try and sloth one of them on spawn, and take out the other as quick as possible. You could sloth both which allows you to use heavier attacks in high stance when you get an opening.

The final round was a bit of a blur because it was one of those situations where the adrenalin was running high from actually making it that far. I remember fighting Wheelmonk(s), Onyudo, and all those damn floating elemental heads summoned by the Biwa Boku-Boku. I *think* the round ends instantly when you kill the revenant, but with everything else you have to deal with it's best to leave him till last, but beware because he'll occasionally take aim and shoot at you if you're at range.

Good luck completing these missions, some of them are a nightmare on Way of the Demon but I'd say this one is arguably the worst. I had an easier time with Return of the Gourd.

Yeah, I did Secrets of the Dead on regular difficulty and it was easily the hardest mission I had done up to that point, didn't even have much of a problem with the double boss missions. After finishing I was like, damn, hopefully I don't need to do this on Way of the Demon. Well, looks like I do, but thanks for the advice.

You can do it. For me the most painful missions on Way of the Demon were Secrets of the Dead, The Sparrow Flies Again, The Fare for the Afterlife and The Crimson Fortress twilight mission (best to use tiger running scrolls with invisibility and noise reduction so you can zip straight towards the final boss when not under heavy fire... yeah, screw that level). Everlasting Duty was also a royal pain and I'm not ashamed to say I totally cheesed my way through it with sloth and my living weapon - there's only so much I can take with these dual boss fights.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, I basically did it, just need to wait for my last Twilight mission to appear. Those end of game patch missions got a lot easier after I leveled up. Hardest mission for me on Way of the Demon was Fare for the Afterlife.But ultimately it just required patience.

• Like 1