Huge backlog....

For me I sometimes just play whatever even if it’s a game I’m just starting or to get the online done in that game, most games I can plat I do try to eventually go back and plat them. Not the best way at helping my backlog xD but it does get it done eventually.

Personally do it how you feel, and what will make it most enjoyable for you. One Thing i can say is don’t be like me and constantly buy games in sales/new games that isn’t a good help for a backlog.

Edited by Conker
  • Like 4

Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other.

Sometimes I'll play a game straight through to 100%, and sometimes I'll play it in spurts over a few years. If I would have known PS5 would be completely backwards compatible with PS4, I would have skipped this generation entirely in an attempt to catch up my backlog.

Edited by dj_helyx
  • Like 1

I usually just focus on one game at a time and don't move on till I got everything out of it that I wanted, be it plat or 100%. But I like to switch it up sometimes and just beat the story and clean up later or run multiple games at a time. Also every couple of years when I have accumulated a bunch of games with online trophies I just focus on the online part of those games one after the other till they're all done. The first one is the norm most of the time, however.

• Like 1

I almost always have about 3 games open at any given time from the following categories: 

• One game for longer gaming sessions: Sekiro, Darksiders III, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc...
  • One game for short sessions: Super Meat Boy, Trackmania Turbo, Thumper, etc...
  • One game for couch-coop: Guacamelee! 2, Overcooked 2, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, etc...

Depending on the circumstances when I find some time for gaming, I just continue one of those games. I will occasionally start two games for short sessions, but I usually avoid playing two time consuming games (as in long sessions needed) in parallel. 

• Like 4

Depends on my mood at the time. There are times when I will plat it all in one go and there are times I won't. My time is pretty limited so I don't always want to spend 2 months on one game, which may take people a week or two to finish. Often I'll get stuck somewhere and don't have the enthusiasm to complete it at the time. Kane and Lynch 2 for example took over 6 years to do because I got stuck on extreme mode. Then, on day I decided to have another go and did it.

But, I do plan to 100% everything so I often go back and revisit very old games... I'm working on Kingdom Hearts now for example which I first started in 2013. 

• Like 1

I will sometimes jump between two games if one has multiplayer and I am playing with my brother or a friend. Besides that, I have to finish the game I play before I start another one, because my backlog is crazy.

Edited by skateak

All over the place all the time. Sometimes I get a fixed ideia of completing a game and do it as fast as I can, but it's very common to leave a game midway for months and then go back to it with a vengence to get it done. I gave up on being strict with myself for this kind of stuff.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

I’ve been working on getting games I’ve had sitting on the shelf these past few years finally done. 

I may start getting some of my quicker games in my backlog done first and focus on one open world game at a time. 

I’ve poured collectively 30 - 40 hours combined for Assassins Creed III and Assassins Creed Unity, but I still have a ways to go. Recently did both stacks of Saints Row IV, which I wanted to get done. 

A good plan is working on one game at a time, but if you can’t do that then working on two - three games isn’t a bad way to go about it. 

For example, you can work on two shorter games, such as Back to the Future: The Game and Heavy Rain. Meanwhile you have a longer game such as Assassins Creed Origins which is going to take a bit of time to get done. You’re alternating between two - three games. Not too many  to begin losing track, but enough to where you don’t feel like you’re just spending all your time grinding one game. 

Also, it is in your best interests to NOT go on a shopping spree and just buy up whatever game interests you. Trust me, that will greatly increase your backlog and you may have too many games in which you’re not going to have the time to get through them all. 

Buy accordingly and shop smart. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

I usually just do one game at a time and focus on finishing that game before moving on to the next one but I have on occasion deviated from that if I come across a session and/or a friend that is boosting a game that I own but not started yet so that I can get the online trophies out of the way.

It depends on the game. If it's a very story intensive game that I need a guide for to make sure I don't miss things (e.g. Final Fantasy games), I'll focus on that game alone until it's done. However, if it needs a replay for certain trophies, like beating a game in a certain amount of time or in different modes, I'll give myself a break and come back.

There are some trophies that end up being so aggravating I put the game in timeout for while once it stops being fun. I currently have Shadow of Mordor and MK11 in timeout due to one particular trophy in each being a pain in the ass.

Easier games I'll bounce between several at a time because I get bored with them easily.

• Like 1

I keep on buying games everytime it looks like fun, or if the box is just shiny ?

I then play it for 10 minutes and realise its gonna take a long time to plat, so i plant it on my shelf where it can gradually gather dust (and depreciate...), till one day i get a spasm and decide to give it another go, generally liking it so then i play (all the while buying other games and doing it all over...)

That is my sad little circle of life ??

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tianna_Mortis said:

There are some trophies that end up being so aggravating I put the game in timeout for while once it stops being fun. I currently have Shadow of Mordor and MK11 in timeout due to one particular trophy in each being a pain in the ass.

Let me guess, the Level 25 Rune in Shadow of Mordor. 

That trophy was the last last one I needed for platinum and there is definitely a setup you have to follow. You have to get a Warchief to kill you so you get an additional level when you kill him. I ended up having to Cloud Save/USB stick my save file so that I could have multiple attempts without having to start over again from scratch. 

Edited by Spaz