Octabrain fight - insane difficulty

sjk-82

If this is the first stage then you should take the octabrains out with the rail gun at the back from where you came. Trying to kill them with the turret will get you killed as they will throw everything at you ( there are more than 3, I think 6 in total will spawn) hide behind the metal box you should be safe there and kill them one by one 

• 4 months later...

hey yea there's a trick. keeping the shrink ray from a while before that in that level. Keep it on you then use it to shrink the octabrains and use pipe bombs to take them out. Pretty sure from memory only so many octabrains will spawn, like 9. so keep doing that and replenishing pipe bombs until their gone then just focus on the big guy! hope that helps 

Re Edit: oh re reading this I may have the wrong part.. now i realize there are two Ocaking fights.. the first one yeah there is a turret but you can't move while using the turret so you will likely take damage so maybe not the best option.. moving around I think is essential in this part.. yes the rail gun I remember was useful as is moving and avoiding things the octabrains throw at you. Yes both 'Ocatking' fights are tough just keep goin try avoid damage and take out the enemies best you can

Edited by aksionnz

• 1 year later...

I recently platted the game so here is my ultimate recommendation:

Keep your analog sensitivity at 1:1 at all times. Since you won't be wasting any bullets, there is even no need for shrink ray during the battle (I did pass that part on my first try - just shot all of the octabrains quick, using a beer might be a good idea).

By the way for the second Octaking fight I will also share how I did it. At the beginning of the fight just blasted octaking with devastator and did not care about octabrains. When my health was low I used the holoduke and kept on blasting. When holoduke wore off I used a beer and kept blasting (I had a beer before the fight - there is another beer on the platform in supply box). When that beer wore off I used beer once again and killed all of the octabrains with freezer (shrink ray is also a good idea - but I already discarded that). The idea behind this strategy is to stop spawning octabrains (when you damage octaking fair enough, no more octabrains are spawned). After I killed the octabrains just strafed left and right shooting the bastard.