Tarsier182

Comrades trophies still possible?

13 posts in this topic

Are you able to earn them all offline, base dlc and updates?

I read through a couple of threads but got conflicting answers,

I have not touched the game at all.

If you get your game running on patch 1.26 or lower while having the Comrades DLC downloaded from the store, then yes.

They will always be doable offline as long as you're able to fulfil these conditions. The main thing is that you'll somehow need to get access to the DLC itself, which has been delisted. So if you don't own it, purchasing the physical Royal edition does still give you a code which lets you add it to your account.

Posted (edited)

Above poster is technically correct but with some misinformation.

If you are willing and able to use the downgrade trick to get an older patch version, then yes. The comrades section is still in the game itself, so there is no such thing as it being delisted. If you are on patch 1.26, you have access to the game mode offline.

If you do not use the downgrade trick, and are on the current patch, then you will not be able to play and complete comrades at all.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

8 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

If you are willing and able to use the downgrade trick to get an older patch version, then yes. The comrades section is still in the game itself, so there is no such thing as it being delisted. If you are on patch 1.26, you have access to the game mode offline.

If you do not use the downgrade trick, and are on the current patch, then you will not be able to play and complete comrades at all.

Is comrades part of the dlc or does the base game have access to it?

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Are you saying you can play Comrades without actually owning the DLC then? I'm pretty sure this is not the case, and the DLC itself has been delisted on the store, as in you can't actually purchase it anymore.

Edited by IDiivil

Digital royal edition doesn't work for this?

22 minutes ago, Valtiel_Terra said:

Digital royal edition doesn't work for this?

Not 100% sure, but if you bought it before the standalone version released I think it should work. If you buy it today it most likely won’t be included. I myself bought the physical version of Royal Edition and redeemed the code for the content. I had the standard version digital since release and it worked out fine. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

Are you saying you can play Comrades without actually owning the DLC then? I'm pretty sure this is not the case, and the DLC itself has been delisted on the store, as in you can't actually purchase it 

I never purchased it. Maybe it was a part of the Royal edition. I thought it was free for everyone. In any case, the DLC was in the download, it must have been an unlock key of some kind that you download from the store as a part of the Royal edition. You would still have that if you bought the Royal edition, regardless of if it was delisted. 

My mistake.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

19 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I never purchased it. Maybe it was a part of the Royal edition. I thought it was free for everyone. In any case, the DLC was in the download, it must have been an unlock key of some kind that you download from the store as a part of the Royal edition. You would still have that if you bought the Royal edition, regardless of if it was delisted. 

My mistake.

It was part of the Season Pass, not the Royal Edition. The Complete Royal Edition just has the Season Pass included, if for example, you were to buy the Royal Edition Upgrade for the base game you would still have to buy the Season Pass but when they decided to turn the Comrades DLC as a Standalone Game they removed the DLC from the Season Pass. If you buy the Season Pass now, you'll only get access to the Standalone Game version of Comrades. If you buy the Royal Edition (complete game, not the upgrade) then you'll have access to the DLC since they haven't removed the Comrades DLC from it although I'm not sure it the Digital Version was affected (I think someone on the proxy tutorial thread said it still has the DLC but not sure) since people kinda preferred to just buy the physical version which is guaranteed to still have the DLC.

I myself bought the Royal Edition, even having the standalone game already, just for the sake of completing the Comrades trophies. It was a lame move by Square Enix... I have used the method to downgrade the game version and I have completed yesterday the Comrades trophies so to answer you: yes it is still possible. But I have to say, playing this DLC with AI only, is a pain. I got to a point of not enjoying a bit of this and just wanting to finish it as quickly as possible. Square Enix should make this DLC compatible with the standalone Comrades so we could play with other people.

Posted (edited)

I myself bought the Royal Edition, even having the standalone game already, just for the sake of completing the Comrades trophies. It was a lame move by Square Enix... I have used the method to downgrade the game version and I have completed yesterday the Comrades trophies so to answer you: yes it is still possible. But I have to say, playing this DLC with AI only, is a pain. I got to a point of not enjoying a bit of this and just wanting to finish it as quickly as possible. Square Enix should make this DLC compatible with the standalone Comrades so we could play with other people.

@RaversDid you buy a physical copy or the digital one on PS Store?

Edited by Sephinova

13 hours ago, Sephinova said:

@RaversDid you buy a physical copy or the digital one on PS Store?

I bought the physical copy of the game.

6 hours ago, Ravers said:

I bought the physical copy of the game.

Thanks for the quick reply. Have also purchased it and waiting for it. So sad I had to fork out more money to finish this but hey, world still spinning...