How much hate will go through forum posts here?

FNaF never had a good opinion about their fanbase, but it's not all bad, honestly if you know where to look, there are genuinely great FnaF communities. Why i'm saying stuff like that unprompted? Because i can sorta see people going with "what the fuck is this, this is for little kids", "this game is cancer and their fans are cancerous as well", "oh my god why is that greedy scott still milking this franchise" and similar stuff.

On a unrelated note, i'm happy that this got a platinum. But there will be comments like "why this shit has a platinum and x doesn't?"

1 minute ago, Sofa King said:

I don't really know much at all about it to have a reason to hate it, but I'd be willing to bet that thread title is going to be a beacon for them.

Well, it doesn't seem like the game was from Ratalaika, which is the preferred abuse magnet on the forums these days, so it might fly under the radar.

• Like 4

What I played of the first game was boring and not scary, the fans I've heared were annoying, and the game theory guy started being conceited when this series became a thing. I don't hate the games and don't care enough to hate the fans and it's basically another Minecraft or Fortnite.

FNAF hasn't been big news since 2015. The games still come out every now and then, and the people like them buy them and the people that don't, don't.

You need only look at the mostly indifferent responses you've been given here so far for your answer.

Personally, I'll probably give this a shot once I have a PSVR. It looks fun enough.

2 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

There wasn't a negative thread until you made this one.

I was expecting one, because of how FNaF community tends to behave, both those who are childish in their love and hate.

• Like 1

I liked the story and atmosphere of the Five Nights series for a while, but I gave up when Cawthon kept LOST-ing the shit out of the story. If I ever buy the VR gizmo, I may give it a look if it's an easy plat but that's about the extent of my enthusiasm.

Looks like a fun list. I would probably play this if I didn't sell my VR. Hopefully everyone else who gets it enjoys it, the trophies make it look like there's a lot more to it than the other main series games.

Also I bet Scott Cawthon hid a ton of secret stuff in here too, should be interesting when people start uncovering them.

13 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Looks like a fun list. I would probably play this if I didn't sell my VR. Hopefully everyone else who gets it enjoys it, the trophies make it look like there's a lot more to it than the other main series games.

Also I bet Scott Cawthon hid a ton of secret stuff in here too, should be interesting when people start uncovering them.

Oh, there's already a lot of stuff, glitched tapes, secret characters, more lore... Subreddit of this game is great for this stuff.

6 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

What I played of the first game was boring and not scary, the fans I've heared were annoying, and the game theory guy started being conceited when this series became a thing. I don't hate the games and don't care enough to hate the fans and it's basically another Minecraft or Fortnite.

Minecraft › every other game.

• Like 2

We need to move past caring what others play. If you like FNAF or Fortnite or CoD, enjoy yourself, if you don’t play something else. There are too many games and too little time on this earth to care one way or another about someone’s entertainment preferences.

• Like 3

As a person who has made a FNAF level on LBP3 and had it get over 16,000 plays despite never touching any of the “games”, I cringed so hard when this was announced in the first State Of Play. It was only a matter of time FNAF was present on a PlayStation console as we’ve got Undertale, Bendy & The Ink Machine and Hello Neighbour in the past.

Now awaiting MatPat from Game Theory to awaken from his wet dream with a new FNAF video essay no one asked for...