The Blakk Vulture

How To Set Up A Korean PSN Account + Exclusive Easy Platinum!

32 posts in this topic

Nice! I might try this out sometime. Thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, JAiME_Asgardian said:

Nice! I might try this out sometime. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries man! Trying to create a Korean PSN account yourself is impossible unless you have a VPN or whatever but even then, it's risky in some ways. The video I shared provides people with a guaranteed way to access games from Korea for a low price. I've used the site various times before so I can only go by my own experience but it's deffo worth looking at :) 

Posted (edited)

No shoutout to me? Sad I helped by a few things, anyway was a fun game :)

Edited by Infernofeuer1

12 minutes ago, Infernofeuer1 said:

No shoutout to me? Sad I helped by a few things, anyway was a fun game :)

Oops, let me fix that ;) 

Posted (edited)

Really helpful videos dude, but why do you have to buy a Korean PSN account?

Why can't you just create one?

Edit: Ah nvm, you mention you need a VPN or something.

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

25 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Thanks! It's mostly due to the fact that when you're setting up a PSN account yourself and choose Korea as the region, it just doesn't allow you to do so. (I think you can use a VPN to claim that you're in Korea but never tried this myself so I don't know if that works either) - But the video is mostly just to provide a safer alternative way to accessing Korean PSN games, unless you game share with someone who has a Korean PSN account but that route can be hazardous, depending on levels of trust with people. 

Either way, I'm sure it'll be helpful to people. I know I've helped at least 1 person with this method so that's a win in my eyes xD 

This is very helpful indeed, gonna go now get a Korean psn and a Chinese one since i see they do that aswell :D 

20 minutes ago, Conker said:

This is very helpful indeed, gonna go now get a Korean psn and a Chinese one since i see they do that aswell :D 

Sweet! Thanks for that. You can make a Chinese PSN account yourself if you wanna save money ;) But that site is the only place I know (and trust) for Chinese PSN credit ^_^ 

9 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It's not a VPN you need, but a government-given resident registration number that all Korean residents have

So this is identity theft since you're using the RRN of a real Korean, and depending on how this site obtains them, you could actually be preventing an unsuspecting Korean person from ever creating their own PSN account

Obviously I'm not gonna know how the site does this, so I'm not gonna promote identity theft in any way, however I completely understand where you're coming from with this statement. As I have no idea how the site is run, I'm only providing information about it and what services it provides people with. 

3 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Obviously I'm not gonna know how the site does this, so I'm not gonna promote identity theft in any way, however I completely understand where you're coming from with this statement. As I have no idea how the site is run, I'm only providing information about it and what services it provides people with. 

It's identity theft regardless of how they do it. You're getting an account that can only ever be created using a real Korean person's unchangable RRN.

I'm just saying that if they're stolen, there could be consequences for random people who may one day want to create their own account but can't because their RRN was already used in an another account.

But even if they're willingly given up, it's still illegal.

Just letting people know what they're getting into.

4 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It's identity theft regardless of how they do it. You're getting an account that can only ever be created using a real Korean person's unchangable RRN.

I'm just saying that if they're stolen, there could be consequences for random people who may one day want to create their own account but can't because their RRN was already used in an another account.

But even if they're willingly given up, it's still illegal.

Just letting people know what they're getting into.

I totally get your drift. Good point though.

Posted (edited)

Aside from the Stein's Gate game, are there any other high quality games that are only found in the Korean PSN store?

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

7 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Aside from the Stein's Gate game, are there any other high quality games that are only found in the Korean PSN store?

Life of Black Tiger 

On 5/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

You need a Korean ID to verify your identity. 

15 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Sherlock Holmes?

Keep in mind that buying PSN accounts is against Sony's terms of service. So if you're buying a Korean account, I guess you have to also pray you don't get caught and banned.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/terms-of-service/

• You may not sell, buy, trade, or transfer your Online ID, Account or any personal access to PSN Services through any means or method, including by use of web sites.

1 minute ago, Milktastrophe said:

Keep in mind that buying PSN accounts is against Sony's terms of service. So if you're buying a Korean account, I guess you have to also pray you don't get caught and banned.

I'm sure plenty of people have used OBT and their services without worry. I had no consequence in buying my Korean account. 

15 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

Life of Black Tiger 

Oh yes! That is the highest quality you can get :D 

10 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You need a Korean ID to verify your identity. 

Sherlock Holmes?

Both of the Sherlock Holmes games have separate KR stacks so that helps. Same for S;G, ChaosChild etc

5 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I'm sure plenty of people have used OBT and their services without worry. I had no consequence in buying my Korean account. 

I didn't watch the video to see if Blakk Vulture goes through the process to see if there's anything to indicate this is inherently safe, just saw people's comments here and opened the link.

It seems shady to me and seems like something you could get banned over given that you're apparently buying an account and not just buying credits in another currency. Who knows if this is something Sony would ever check for--I'm sure plenty of people have done this and haven't been banned (and if they do ever give out bans, hopefully it's just on the Korean account and not your main). But people should know the potential risks before doing something like this and make he decision for themselves whether they're willing to take the risk.

12 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

If I truly believed that the method of obtaining Korean PSN games that I stated in that video wasn't worth mentioning, I wouldn't have mentioned it. I have full faith in OBt as a website which I have used on multiple occasions and trust as legitimate. Having said that, I was aware of potential risks, and I still decided to share the method above because I personally trust it but I totally understand why you would be sceptical 

2 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

I didn't watch the video to see if Blakk Vulture goes through the process to see if there's anything to indicate this is inherently safe, just saw people's comments here and opened the link.

It seems shady to me and seems like something you could get banned over given that you're apparently buying an account and not just buying credits in another currency. Who knows if this is something Sony would ever check for--I'm sure plenty of people have done this and haven't been banned (and if they do ever give out bans, hopefully it's just on the Korean account and not your main). But people should know the potential risks before doing something like this and make he decision for themselves whether they're willing to take the risk.

Banning is the least of the worries here.

As mentioned above, Korea has internet restrictions and so creating a Korean PSN account requires inputting a Korean ID (Similar to an SSN in the United States from what I understand) or a Korean Visa ID (which you can only get if you stay in Korea for, I think, 12 weeks? I stayed for 10 and remember I couldn't get one. The point is that it is possible for foreigners to legally get one) International identify theft is concern number one.

Playstation transferring ownership of the account is concern number two if the actual owner of the ID ever wants to make an account and gives support a call when it doesn't work. 

2 hours ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

If I truly believed that the method of obtaining Korean PSN games that I stated in that video wasn't worth mentioning, I wouldn't have mentioned it. I have full faith in OBt as a website which I have used on multiple occasions and trust as legitimate. Having said that, I was aware of potential risks, and I still decided to share the method above because I personally trust it but I totally understand why you would be sceptical 

You have several people telling you the ethical and legal issues with this method. Do you address these at all in the video? You're basically advertising how to purchase Korean ID Numbers online when it comes down to it. I found no info online stating any legal way this website is creating these accounts.

11 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

You have several people telling you the ethical and legal issues with this method. Do you address these at all in the video? You're basically advertising how to purchase Korean ID Numbers online when it comes down to it. I found no info online stating any legal way this website is creating these accounts.

How the website is run is beyond my knowledge. I only provided people with a safe method of accessing KR PSN. I say safe based on my personal experiences with the site and accounts etc, and I know some people who have set up accounts since my video came about and feedback has been positive. I've had my account for at least a year and no issues whatsoever. Honestly, people worry too much I think. 

Wouldn't those of us you have psn accounts we made for other regions that we don't live in  also be in violation, cause ya know we aren't using our real address  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But really for this instance wouldn't the website be the ones getting  trouble if anybody?

OBTgame seems beyond shady. No real contacts whatsoever, not even an address. Everything in ether. Most probably KSN numbers or wherever they're needed are randomly generated, as I would not believe for a second they're real and used with any kind of authorization from their owners (if they do they're braindead anyway I wouldn't want one in any case).

Probably chances this could go berserk are small, but they do exist and using a fake ID is not exactly in the same level as using a fake address.

At least this should have been clearly stated and it's not.

But whatever, knock yourself out. It amazes me how far people go for easy trophies...

Just my 2 cents. Have fun.

1 hour ago, Conker said:

But really for this instance wouldn't the website be the ones getting  trouble if anybody?

I think in most countries you're an accessory to the crime if you used, profited or bought the stolen or fake goods.