Unbearably loud fan makes this game almost unplayable for me

zeero7uk

I own a PS4 pro Since November 2017 and I recently stripped it all down and cleaned out all of the dust and replaced thermal compound etc. However it seems to be only this game that makes the fan sound like a rocket launch,I just can't focus on the game or hear much of the dialogue because of the ridiculous noise the console is making. 

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? 

• Like 1

The PS4 always sounds like a rocket on most of the newer games, I just turn my TV up or wear a headset while I play games. I will admit it is really damn loud, I find it worse if I actually have the disc in the system anything digitally downloaded seems to always be super quite for me anyways.

I've had my PS4 since launch, had the same problem with Days Gone every time I played it. I've had problems with the fan being loud before but that didn't even come close to how loud it is when playing Days Gone. When I played Battlefield V yesterday after platting Days Gone, it immediately stopped. I just wore headphones when I played most of the time. 

19 minutes ago, geronimodegraaf said:

I just got a brand new PS4 Pro because of this problem.

it doesnt always fix the issue. some could just be game related. ie: mgs v. however it definitely helps. plus again as i said its summer weather in a lot of areas so systems get overheated etc. 

Dark souls 3

Dark souls remastered 

Watch dogs 2

Nioh

Last of us

Call of duty remastered

Gravel

Rocket league

Track mania turbo

These games make my console so loud am borderline having panic attacks listening to that how to fix this please ?

Am poor I live with 5 people in the same room and it gets so warm and loud am not allowed to play when I want.

How to fix this and get it quiet all the time?

I have the recent CUH-7200 Pro model, and it is quiet on most games.  However, i have noticed that the fan seems to go mental on games with HDR for some reason.  I have recently played Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Far Cry 5 and Star Wars Battlefront 2, all with HDR enabled, and each game causes the fan to go into overdrive.  The machine is not hot though, and the fan kicks in even from a cold boot, so it must be a firmware issue or the game itself is demanding it.

Playing other "4K" games without HDR enabled causes the fan to increase slightly as you would expect, but not to the level of the HDR-enabled games.  It's frustrating, but i find it less annoying to play without HDR to avoid the fan noise.

34 minutes ago, Minebwi said:

Dark souls 3

Dark souls remastered 

Watch dogs 2

Nioh

Last of us

Call of duty remastered

Gravel

Rocket league

Track mania turbo

These games make my console so loud am borderline having panic attacks listening to that how to fix this please ?

Am poor I live with 5 people in the same room and it gets so warm and loud am not allowed to play when I want.

How to fix this and get it quiet all the time?

The fan kicks on higher the hotter the CPU gets. Things like dust inside the console, how good the ventilation is where its placed, and how warm the room it's in factors into how much the fan needs to ramp up to cool down the CPU 

I had a Pro until it got fried buy a lightning strike. I did play both Spider Man and God of war on it and both of them had the fan working over time earlier this year. Only 2 games I can recall ever making the fan loud on the Pro. I just have one of the slim models now and I am playing Days Gone and it has been quiet.

my pro is very loud. Sounds like a jet plane when i play God of War or RDR2.. Funny enough Fifa 19 but only when i enter negotiations with players.

Ive heard certain models are quieter than others.. 

Sad thing is ive just got used to it now..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kwotey said:

my pro is very loud. Sounds like a jet plane when i play God of War or RDR2.. Funny enough Fifa 19 but only when i enter negotiations with players.

Ive heard certain models are quieter than others.. 

Sad thing is ive just got used to it now..

The fact that it happens in some parts of games makes me think it is not being regulated by the temperature of the console, but by the game itself, which is strange.  I could understand it if the console was hot, but it happens on some games regardless of temperature, even from turn on. Far Cry 5 constantly ramps the fan up and down when you enter and exit the map for example.

12 minutes ago, The_Slugkiller said:

The fact that it happens in some parts of games makes me think it is not being regulated by the temperature of the console, but by the game itself, which is strange.  I could understand it if the console was hot, but it happens on some games regardless of temperature, even from turn on. Far Cry 5 constantly ramps the fan up and down when you enter and exit the map for example.

yeah pretty much the same with me..