Is this game really difficult?

El-Sublime-

I'm playing DJ Hero 2 right now, and i've beaten all songs on expert 5 stars. So i'm really thinking of doing this game but i'm afraid i wouldn't pass them (i've heard that DJH1 is harder than DJH2).

What do you think? Is this "doable" or just frustrating? I think i got lucky because rewinds and power decks on DJH2 but i think that things don't exist here.

Relatively speaking DJH2 5 stars is a joke compared to DJH1. The songs are harder and you don't have power decks. However I still think it is more than doable to get all the 5 stars in DJH1 if you managed to plat DJH2.

In DJH1 rewinds also break the scoring system so you can still get away with tons of misses on harder parts if you milk out your score on the easier parts. And don't forget about euphoria with the auto crossfading as it can make some of the hardest parts easy.

Back in the day I got the 100% of DJ Hero 2 on Xbox 360, and the only achievement I had left on DJ Hero 1 was 5 star all songs on expert. The very last song called Groundhog is insanely difficult. It's way harder than the hardest song on DJ Hero 2.

If you can 5 star that, then you can plat it easy.

2 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Relatively speaking DJH2 5 stars is a joke compared to DJH1. The songs are harder and you don't have power decks. However I still think it is more than doable to get all the 5 stars in DJH1 if you managed to plat DJH2.

It might be a joke for those who enjoy playing rhythm games with peripherals, but for people like me, both DJH1 and DJH2 are somewhat hard, and this is coming from my days when playing Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock on the Wii was somewhat easy. All I need left for both plats are to 5 star everything on expert, and reach level 30 online in DJH2.

@S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

This is how I rate all the rhythm games I have done. If you have never played a rhythm game before add 2-3 points because learning rhythm in general wil take some time. DJH1 has about 5 hours and DJH2 has about 15-20 hours of misc trophies on top of learning the game. Both of them took me about 40 hours each but I don't remember it very well.

3c91ed56c5.png

1 minute ago, GarciaFever said:

It might be a joke for those who enjoy playing rhythm games with peripherals, but for people like me, both DJH1 and DJH2 are somewhat hard, and this is coming from my days when playing Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock on the Wii was somewhat easy. All I need left for both plats are to 5 star everything on expert, and reach level 30 online in DJH2.

I did say relatively speaking compared to each other and for me too it was the first game with peripherals.

Edited by Danny_Johansen
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

@S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

This is how I rate all the rhythm games I have done. If you have never played a rhythm game before add 2-3 points because learning rhythm in general wil take some time. DJH1 has about 5 hours and DJH2 has about 15-20 hours of misc trophies on top of learning the game. Both of them took me about 40 hours each but I don't remember it very well.

3c91ed56c5.png

I did say relatively speaking compared to each other and for me too it was the first game with peripherals.

Thank you very much i will keep an eye in both Games. :)

Maybe i just finish only the online Part first (as always like in the past months):D

I was good on Guitar and Drums but Deck ruined me, All the weird spikes and crossfades while you need to scratch too was too much to handle for me. I can enjoy the game at Medium but Hard and Expert are dumb shit :D

Also calibration on these games for HDTVs suck donkey dick more than GH and RB ever did, Crossfader would be easier too with springs.

DJ Hero is very hard. I'm out of the rhythm game nowadays, but back then, I was pretty hardcore, and that game was a cut above stuff like Rock Band 2, Gh: Warriors of Rock, or even GH: Metallica.

I find that your success is pretty much determined by whether or not you can get the directed scratch mechanic. Good luck!

• Like 1

Hm... IMHO difficult of both DJ Hero's is the same. Both just require practice. Practice, practice, one song, again and again, next one - done :].

Groundhog is definitively doable after a few / "a lot of practice" ;). This song basically is a lesson how to be a Pro Player :D.

DJH2 is harder IMHO due to the famous "Super Streak" - within first 400 notes is simply impossible for me due to one section. I read that it is easier further OR can be done as a part of one mix of 3 songs (so you start combo from song 1 or 2 and get 400 streak in 3rd song which is I Will Be Here / Speed Rail on Expert. One day I will get it.

20 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

DJ Hero 2 - 6

DJ Hero - 7

DJMax Technika Tune - 4?!

This game is IMHO insanely difficult - especially due to the type of controls (touch screen) and all those touch, hold, release sections. And the expert mixes...

Holy crap, just checked your profile! What kind of Inhuman Super-Creature are You??

Respect! :]

Edited by Smashero

• 10 months later...

I came here to tell you that i've obtained both DJ Hero platinums (: so this is my veredict:

DJ Hero 1 is A LOT HARDER than DJH2.

The reason is that DJH2 has powerdecks, that helps you too much doing five stars. Also, Beats and Pieces is MUCH, MUCH harder to do 5 stars than Galvanize. Maybe i can do a mention to Ace of Spades remix because you cannot do rewinds on guitar songs - that makes it more difficult than the others. So you must keep that x4 multiplier the long as you can, because this song is short and the minimun error can take you to the frustrating 4 stars.

As for DJ Hero 2, doing 400 notes is not difficult as it looks. The song is not very difficult at all, you need to be concentrated and make no errors.

The only thing which DJ1 is better than DJ2 is the online. Yeah i know the servers are closed, but doing online trophies for DJH1 was much easier than DJH2. Fu** those "reach lvl 50" trophies (i'm talking to you, RE Revelations & AC Black Flag).

But like someone said, it's only practice and practice and practice.

Don't get afraid with Groundhog, that's NOT a difficult song. As for me, doing scratches is more difficult than taps and crossfades. So Beats and Pieces is the worst headache i had.

Edited by AN0n1m8

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this game is really hard. I’m 11 years deep into this and I currently have 1 song left. 

Monkey wrench/sabotage

now is it just me or is this song broken? I’m hitting the scratches perfectly but the game says I’m getting it wrong and I’m constantly loosing combo. 

This game has made me absolutely hate beastie boys. 

Edited by boromir120