A question about Hardcore mode trophies

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

You need to get carried for that, because you don't unlock adventure mode until after you beat the story mode and your hardcore save is separate from your softcore save. Either the guy above means this or he is wrong.

I just did this game. None of us played the campaign in Hardcore to unlock Adventure Mode, we only played it in softcore. OP has already beaten Act V in softcore I guess. He did the game the same way I did, and now should be able to do Adventure in hardcore

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

12 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I just did this game. None of us played the campaign to unlock Adventure Mode in Hardcore, we only played it in softcore. OP has already beaten Act V in softcore I guess. He did the game the same way I did, and now should be able to do Adventure in hardcore

They are both separate, according to multiple sources and my own experience. You must be misremembering it, as that's not how it works.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/794163-diablo-iii-ultimate-evil-edition/72212159

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/334864/how-can-i-unlock-adventure-mode

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm just telling you, and I'm looking at my own game right now, my one and only hardcore character has never been through the campaign. My friends with whom I played the game did not beat the campaign on hardcore either. We bought and started the game at the same time, and never played with any other people. They were all Seasonal characters. We went from 500 bounties in seasonal softcore, to making characters in seasonal hardcore, and jumped right into Adventure mode. Maybe it's different for seasonal?

1 minute ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Could it be that you can start adventure mode on ps4 straight away if you already had a char on ps3 and just never imported it on ps4?

I can´t remember doing hardcore mode this gen at all, expect my trophies, which was in adventure mode

No, I never played this on ps3, only pc

Just now, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Maybe it's different for seasonal?

That could be the case then, I never played seasonal. I know for a fact it doesn't unlock without story mode on normal chars. Did Diablo 3 thrice, twice being the RoS version, one of them being the fastest achiever.

8 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

That could be the case then, I never played seasonal. I know for a fact it doesn't unlock without story mode on normal chars. Did Diablo 3 thrice, twice being the RoS version, one of them being the fastest achiever.

I'm definitely not inclined to argue with you, you've clearly got a superior case to be made, but if OP is in seasonal then he may find that he can do as I did. Otherwise I don't know about non-seasonal because I didn't do non-seasonal. I DO know that the season has recently changed to S17, so if he WAS seasonal and did not finish out his characters then they've all been booted to non-seasonal and he may find an issue with that

- To clarify, that wasn't sarcasm, I never know how I come off here, I respect that you've got the fastest clear and thus understand the game very very well. I can't account for the difference in our accounts or anyone's online saying the opposite of what I'm saying other than it may just be a seasonal thing

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

38 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

if OP is in seasonal

I've actually looked up and seasonal doesn't require you to beat story to unlock adventure, as it's unlocked from start in such mode. It will be locked again after the season ends though, if you haven't beaten the last boss of that specific char. You were actually right about it, my bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I've actually looked up and seasonal doesn't require you to beat story to unlock adventure, as it's unlocked from start in such mode. It will be locked again after the season ends though, if you haven't beaten the last boss of that specific char. You were actually right about it, my bad.

You're good, I ought to have clarified I did it in seasonal to start anyway

• Like 1