Is the game worth it?

It’s not horrible. It’s very similar to Dark Souls if you are into those games. However, I’ve tried playing it twice and just couldn’t get into it past 5 hours or so. It’s got pretty solid mechanics and is different enough from Dark Souls to be an interesting game. But unlike with Dark souls, every time I died I was more annoyed than anything else. And the frame rate (on a PS4 Pro) was more detrimental to this game and I don’t normally care about frame rate. Their later game, The Surge, was much more well executed. This one was just too bland for my taste. 

• Like 1

Just now, Withanx said:

It’s not horrible. It’s very similar to Dark Souls if you are into those games. However, I’ve tried playing it twice and just couldn’t get into it past 5 hours or so. It’s got pretty solid mechanics and is different enough from Dark Souls to be an interesting game. But unlike with Dark souls, every time I died I was more annoyed than anything else. And the frame rate (on a PS4 Pro) was more detrimental to this game and I don’t normally care about frame rate. Their later game, The Surge, was much more well executed. This one was just too bland for my taste. 

Thank you! I'll probably give it a try to see if I like it or not

It's a clunky souls clone has 3 classes with decent line up of weapons and bosses.

1st run is abit hard, narrow halways an a fair bit of back tracking

Story is abit loose. Its been bout 5 years since i played it. An i can't remember anything aside from a guy name Andreas? And being an exilem

Game has 3 endings and ng++ (optional) to have a character with basicly all 3 class perks

* game start. Warrior theif cleric

Ng+ add one of the remaining 2

Ng++ add final role card 

Ng+ or ng++ would be req. To plat. Some bosses drop orange (legendary) rolls of there weapon depending on how ya beat them

I.e. 0 armor / damage taken +60 seconds to kill

Kill w element

Kill w.o blocking/using sheild

Destory adds

Ect..

Its fun to mix up the gauntlet you get. Your "ranged weapon"  modded mine into a flimsy grenade launcher.

All n all its a ok title.

• Like 1

Completed every Soulslike game multiple times, except Sekiro, and I can honestly say that I really enjoyed my first playthrough. But unfortunately there's so much backtracking and it's often unclear where to go, and the world is really far too linear and dull to encourage exploring or multiple playthroughs. If you liked the bulky armors in the Souls franchise (like Onion Knight and Smough), tanking and possibly even fat-rolling, then it's at least worth giving a shot.

• Like 1