VR mandatory?

lurch_9944

I own a VR I recently moved and boxed it and haven't had any motivation to unpack it. Some games can be played with or without the VR. RE7 and tetris effect to make a couple. I kind of felt like playing skyrim and didnt know if I could play it without untangling all the cords.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lurch_9944 said:

I own a VR I recently moved and boxed it and haven't had any motivation to unpack it. Some games can be played with or without the VR. RE7 and tetris effect to make a couple. I kind of felt like playing skyrim and didnt know if I could play it without untangling all the cords.

No game that has the word vr in the title can be played without vr. I thought that was a common thing to know but I guess not.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 28/05/2019 at 5:39 PM, JJTEY14 said:

Just a quick question...Why would you want Skyrim VR if you don't have a VR? There are like 10 other platforms to play Skyrim on and none require a VR. Nothing has really changed in the game. I guess I just don't understand the point here.

I just stumbled on this thread because I wanted to know if this could be played without VR somehow too and I can help answer your question why someone would want to (or at least why I would).

I got this bundled free with a VR I recieved as a gift and I've never actually owned Skyrim before (unless the Alexa version counts xD). Now sure, I could just buy a standard copy Skyrim dirt cheap nowadays but the truth is I do fancy playing it in VR too (esp. since it's kinda gathering dust) so i might as well stick with the freebie version and both get some value from my PSVR and enjoy Skyrim.

Thing is, Skyrim as we know is a fairly big game you can sink a fair amount of hours in and not everyone wants to commit all that time into VR. VR feels like something best enjoyed in either small sessions or more spaced out sessions. It'd just be handy to continue your progress in non-VR sessions too, particularly in warm weather when I sure as heck don't fancy having a VR headset on me for hours at a time.

I think that's the general vibe I'm feeling when eyeing this game up in my backlog. It has been one of the reasons why I've been reluctant to start the game, having to commit to exclusively playing it in VR. I'd rather have the option to switch back and forth for when I feel like VR and when I don't.

On 28/05/2019 at 6:11 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

Why would you ever think that you could play Skyrim VR without vr? It literally says VR in the title. This generation worries me.....

True, being in the title is kind of a giveaway. But there are games that have been released and marketed as VR games where the VR isn't mandatory so I can understand someone checking for extra clarification (even a handful with VR in the title!). Particularly since this is effectively supposed to be regular Skyrim practically unchanged just in VR.

• Like 4