I Need some Bowling tips

KAdamsy1

cos basically i bloody suck lol. First career game took 2 wickets ( pure luck i guess)

Also the no simulate trophies, theres one for getting centuries in career mode without simulating. Question if i've got the settings set so that i play when its my characters turn only does that class as simulation? I'm guessing it does just wanted clarification is all.

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 11:52 PM, KAdamsy1 said:

cos basically i bloody suck lol. First career game took 2 wickets ( pure luck i guess)

Also the no simulate trophies, theres one for getting centuries in career mode without simulating. Question if i've got the settings set so that i play when its my characters turn only does that class as simulation? I'm guessing it does just wanted clarification is all.

It does say simulate not skip. Surely you can play as one player and skip to your turn.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2019 at 2:52 PM, KAdamsy1 said:

Skipping to use your player only doesn't effect trophies for career player as far as I know as the game mode obviously allows you to only play as your player.

As for bowling though I think the realism and opposition AI is a big thing. I've found when playing limited overs and especially T20 I pick up wickets more consistently whereas First class matches I may have 1 good game followed by a really poor period without any wickets though depending on your rating in your team you obviously are likely to get more overs to try. 

I try to find a shot that has the batsmen going for but without much success, my player is a Right Arm Fast bowler so I'd usually start an over with a few good length standard balls down the offside to get a feel of the batsman's likelihood to try attack a ball, will sometimes get lucky and catch a few edges doing this, then normally after 3 or 4 dot balls or singles I'll try a full pitched in/outswinger or my personal favourites are the cutters. I would also say I've found more success too by adjusting the run up start position and also the length of the ball on these just so it's not exactly the same shot as sometimes you can get hit for 4 on the second ball if it's identical.

Reading reviews I believe it's because of the AI as well. I find that by starting an over with a few dot balls increases the likely hood of the batter 'going after' a ball to keep the run rate up. It does seem to ring true as I find even in a T20 game that bowling/batting first makes a difference as if you're bowling first until you get to the lower order or if the batting team have low scored then the batsmen will be less likely to try and push on and attack except if you've managed to limit them for a couple of your overs. If you're protecting a lead though then good god can a few dot balls make for some erratic batsmen and big wicket opportunities.

Best bit of advice though and probably something that can be frustrating is a bit of patience will take you a long long way, as per real life bowlers won't always attempt to bowl or lbw a batsmen on every single ball so you will have to accept a few runs here and there though frustrating when you get hit for a 4 or 6 still worthwhile when you send the stumps flying!

I hope this helps! :) 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I found that the play a test at lord's without simming trophy popped for me playing career mode & simming while not using my pro

As for the bowling I picked being a spinner as that's what I do in RL, helps if you have some decent knowledge from paying in real life as with most other sports games if you'd like to compete on a higher difficulty. Enjoying the game so far.