E3 2019: Marvel Avengers - Square Enix Game

DEI2EK

I honestly don't understand all the hate that has been dished out for this game based off the E3 Trailer. I have absolutely no issues with the character models. I feel anyone whom is more worried about the cosmetic likeness to the MCU versions of these heroes rather than budget actually going into gameplay/story development than paying for the likeness of big names such as Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr, etc. to be included as the base character models. 

Let's not forget how fantastic Marvel's Spider-Man is and that in my opinion made the same level of deviation from the MCU version of the hero. I'm excited for this game, I'm excited to see how they interpret each character that gets implemented into the game; and bloody oath am I excited to play as all of the currently announced heroes in an original story which may or may not (have not heard any confirmation myself) be expanding the MGU (Marvel Gaming Universe) which was mentioned quite a bit back around the release of Spider-Man. 

I can't speak for how the game will actually play and end up at this stage; all I can say is it's definitely drawn me in and got me looking forward to May 2020. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, if I'm not mistaken, Square Enix isn't actually developing this game (thank God). This is from Crystal Dynamics, right?

I really hope for the best on this one. I used to love Crystal Dynamics.

Squeenix is publishing, Crystal Dynamics and Edios Montreal are developing from my understanding

• Like 1

Okay so I defended this game pretty hard after E3...I honestly thought it looked fantastic. So much so, it ended up right a long side Cyperpunk 2077 as a game I might pre-order next year.

Buuuuut....after seeing the gameplay. I still don't think it looks bad, but I'm a little less interested now. I think the E3 trailer gave me a very different impression. The gameplay is very linear, slow and clunky. Also, Spider-Man PS4 really set a new precedence when comes to voice acting in a game like this, where Yuri recorded the same lines in a few different ways depending on the situation, you (the player) were possibly going to be in when the lines needed to be delivered. If you were standing around, he would be calm, if you were swinging around the city he would be a bit winded and strained, if you were fighting a group of thugs he would sound stressed, and beaten at times. So here...to hear them come off as just recording in a booth without much emotion, takes me out of the moment a bit and it's something I didn't know would affect me until I heard it. Spider-Man really spoiled us in that regard. 

This is still a game I want to play, it still looks fun and I'm interested to see where they're going with this whole Captain America death thing, but it's no longer pre-order status.  

Edited by Viper

• 9 months later...

I really wanna get excited about this game but it just looks so 'meh'.  I don't know what it is in particular but for starters, the character models look weird in my opinion. Definitely waiting for game impressions on this one first before even thinking about buying it.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, PostGameBlues said:

I really wanna get excited about this game but it just looks so 'meh'.  I don't know what it is in particular but for starters, the character models look weird in my opinion. Definitely waiting for game impressions on this one first before even thinking about buying it.

Part of me really wants to play it as we are starved for superhero games, I like what they’re doing with the free content, the different ways the heroes handle, I’m glad they updated the character models, the level based design instead of open world, allowing more varied locations. 

But on the other hand with the 2 gameplay demos they’ve shown the game just looks boring. The Thor demo they showed the other day just didn’t look exciting, very run of the mill, this should be one of holidays biggest hits but I feel like it will be average. Picking 7 and 8s out of 10 reviews

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.psu.com/news/spider-man-will-be-playable-in-marvels-avengers-exclusive-to-ps4-and-ps5/

If this is true it'll be awesome and would actually get me a little bit more hyped for this game. It would obviously be another big blow to Microsoft who can't seem to catch a break nowadays. I absolutely loved the Spider-Man game and hopefully this the beginning of shared gaming universe. Who knows anything is possible

It's true and he's going to be a free post-launch character in early 2021(I might just wait with playing Avengers until early 2021 to main Spider-Man)

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/marvels-avengers-playstation-exclusive-playable-spider-man-launches-in-early-2021

Marvels-Avengers-Spider-Man_08-03-20-600

• Like 1