June PS+ Update 2019

kidson2004

In fairness this is a decent month, but I've already played the handsome collection and have no desire to play Sonic Mania. The lineups since they dropped the PS3/Vita titles has IMO been worse not better, and I've not regretted letting my membership lapse since they dropped the plus games to two a month. PS+ used to be a decent deal even if you didn't play online, but the price increase coupled with the poor monthly titles is doing nothing to change my mind - here's hoping they stop taking the piss and start making it worthwhile again.

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Awesome, a new wave of Borderlands players so I can wait for people and finish this dumb missable secret trophy “Who You Gonna Call?” in Pre-Sequel, which is to complete all side missions in the Sub-Level 13 map as 4 players (or 4 controllers). I finished those side missions, without knowing that there was a missable trophy, so now I have to do another playthrough from my save file to replay the missions... aaaargh!

Please, I wanna do redo those missions with some players who didn’t complete them yet!

Is there a lot of stuff like this in the MP trophies for Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel?  I'm hesitant to begin if I expect MP trouble.  The plats are rare, due to this I'm assuming, but perhaps other things, too.

42 minutes ago, Warmachine0341 said:

I definitely wouldn’t call it much better. Ps+ has been a joke since they removed the PS3 and vita games. The first month post that removal was good nothing since 

Trust me, I know. I’ve been said that it was a bad business decision to remove PS3/Vita games. But there’s no question June’s update is way better than May’s update. 

• Like 1

I'll be adding these two to my backlog. I have been recommended to play Sonic Mania and I wanted to start Borderlands eventually and having the PS4 version will be a bonus instead of using the PS3 version.

18 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Is there a lot of stuff like this in the MP trophies for Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel?  I'm hesitant to begin if I expect MP trouble.  The plats are rare, due to this I'm assuming, but perhaps other things, too.

From what I remember, not really. Each game has just one multiplayer trophy that can be done in one session. The plats are rare because a lot of the trophies are stuff the average player wouldn't necessarily go out of their way to do and because it takes a decent amount of time (70-ish hours).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

From what I remember, not really. Each game has just one multiplayer trophy that can be done in one session. The plats are rare because a lot of the trophies are stuff the average player wouldn't necessarily go out of their way to do and because it takes a decent amount of time (70-ish hours).

Thanks for the info.  I found a quick explanation of how to achieve the aforementioned 'Who you gonna call?' trophy with one controller, per playstationtrophies.org, for anyone who's interested, @MaxieM0us3 . Not the most well written explanation ever, but perhaps it does the trick:

At main menu use ps button pick switch user and pick guest. then hit x on borderlands.you should have a guest in your party.do it till your party is full then do the quest and at the end everyone gets the trophy.easy to do took me like 5 min.Tried to make it easy to understand but its not that hard.

44 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Really only 1 trophy requires 4 players, and it's playing with 4 players during a particular side mission on The Pre-Sequel. Not too difficult imo. Both games will require a second player for the challenges though. Some challenges require trading weapons with someone or win a duel against someone else. Harder to do with actual people online, but extremely easy to do with a second controller.

Great month imo. I'm excited to play both of these games.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Thanks for the info.  I found a quick explanation of how to achieve the aforementioned 'Who you gonna call?' trophy with one controller, per playstationtrophies.org, for anyone who's interested, @MaxieM0us3 . Not the most well written explanation ever, but perhaps it does the trick:

At main menu use ps button pick switch user and pick guest. then hit x on borderlands.you should have a guest in your party.do it till your party is full then do the quest and at the end everyone gets the trophy.easy to do took me like 5 min.Tried to make it easy to understand but its not that hard.

But do I still need to redo an entire playthrough to be able to play those missions? This is what bothers me. I’d rather wait that another player can start the mission so I join in and finish them again.

3 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

But do I still need to redo an entire playthrough to be able to play those missions? This is what bothers me. I’d rather wait that another player can start the mission so I join in and finish them again.

I do not know.  I haven't ever played the games, or have any experience with Borderlands at all outside of the Telltale game.

Yay Borderlands Prequel. I already played and Platted the other 2 on PS3. ANd bought the DLC. Ehh, oh well. Not sure if I want to play Sonic Mania. We have it on switch and have not completed the main story.  Sonic games wer enot easy for me as a kid..

This is better than what theyve given recently. Ill def play Sonic. I almost bought it the other day at a pawn shop for $12, but passed cause I have too much in my backlog as it is. Ill grab BL cause I take every game thats free, but I doubt Ill play it again. I have BL3 pre ordered and will more than likely just wait for that...