How do people have a 9 hour time on this plat when the speedrun record is 23 hrs?

iGGTheEnd

Is there something I'm missing?  Last time I checked the world record for 100 percent was something like 23 hours yet someone has the plat in 9 hours, the only thing I can think is someone can give them all rings but that doesn't change much when it comes to covenants.  Does not having to get the rings really shave 12+ hours of the world record time?

I'm not saying it's legit, neither am I saying it's cheated but:

- you can speedrun the game pretty fast

- you can cut the time for covenant items by a LOT if you have a crew to help you out

- you can have basically everything dropped (millions of souls, rings, gear)

So, theoretically it MAYBE could be possible I guess?

EDIT: It is cheated though lol

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon

13 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Is there something I'm missing?  Last time I checked the world record for 100 percent was something like 23 hours yet someone has the plat in 9 hours, the only thing I can think is someone can give them all rings but that doesn't change much when it comes to covenants.  Does not having to get the rings really shave 12+ hours of the world record time?

I was gonna say that maybe the person with a 23 hour WR Speed run is just the only person to submit a run but seeing as it's Dark Souls III that's extremely unlikely it might be cheated in some way.

Edit: The actual WR is Any% in 32m 46s* by I_r_foole - Video Proof. 23 hours for a speed run is ridiculous so I don't know where you got your numbers from.

The fastest speedrun time I could find is around the 6 hour mark (for all achievements/trophies). So it's definitely possible to do it in 9.

EDIT: Thought this was DS 2, turns out for 3 it's around the 12-13h mark for all achievements/trophies.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MandA60VISE said:

There's much bigger difference between any% and 100%.

There is no 100% category on Speedrun.com. Also, I don't play Dark Souls so I wouldn't know you need to 100% the game to platinum it.

Before I witch hunt someone I'd message this 9 Hour record guy and ask how he did it. He also is top 5 on "DS 2" so he is experienced with the games.

The legit "all achievements" speedrun on speedsouls.com is something above 12 hours by Nemz38, an amazing speedrunner, but that's doing everything yourself. I guess if you get all items needed it removes a TON of grinding, so 9 hours seem plausible to me.. 

Edit: OK so I stand by 9 hours being possible, but the timestamps of the profile in question are a mess...

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 2

Keep in mind the platinum is only the time from the first trophy to the last, not necessarily a full playthrough. In theory, you could put countless hours into the game before popping a single trophy.

Not sure how you get to the end of the game without killing a major boss, though. Or how all the covenant trophies popped at the same time.

• Like 4

I've never played the game but I'm not sure the person that has a 9 hour plat time got it legitimately.  I had to look at a trophy guide to get an idea of what some of these trophies are for but quite a few seem out of order or too close to each other.  The game was beaten without earning any of the story-related "defeat ____" trophies along the way.  The second earned trophy is The Usurpation of Fire, which is stated to be a rather lengthy ending to get.  Presumably you'd get story related trophies along this ending route?  The collectibles were earned a few minutes apart but that's not terribly unlikely.  The oddest thing is the covenant trophies.  There's 8 earned over a 2 second span.  Sort by date and you'll  see there's +0 or +1 second times between them.  Judging from the trophy guide it seems you'd be unlikely to earn these all at the exact same time.  I also feel like when trophies do pop consecutively there's usually at least +1 second between them, but I may be wrong. Personally I think some of their list is illegitimate but I don't own the game to know if these could possibly be earned like they were.  Someone that has played it thoroughly may be able to debunk my theories.

Edited by azariaspice

43 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Keep in mind the platinum is only the time from the first trophy to the last, not necessarily a full playthrough. In theory, you could put countless hours into the game before popping a single trophy.

Not sure how you get to the end of the game without killing a major boss, though. Or how all the covenant trophies popped at the same time.

there's quite a few games that have this. tales of xillia didn't give out most of the trophy's till 3/4th's into the game or later.

8 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

I was gonna say that maybe the person with a 23 hour WR Speed run is just the only person to submit a run but seeing as it's Dark Souls III that's extremely unlikely it might be cheated in some way.

Edit: The actual WR is Any% in 32m 46s* by I_r_foole - Video Proof. 23 hours for a speed run is ridiculous so I don't know where you got your numbers from.

Any % isn't going to get you a platinum,  %100 percent is the plat.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:46 AM, iGGTheEnd said:

Any % isn't going to get you a platinum,  %100 percent is the plat.

Yeah but as I mentioned above, the current WR for 100% is 12 hours 37 minutes, not 23 hours. And that's with collecting all covenant items, rings and all other grindy things yourself. With some co-op help I think a time around the 9 hour mark is possible. 

However, the fastest profile on this page has a messed up trophy order.

Just now, Arcesus7 said:

Yeah but as I mentioned above, the current WR for 100% is 12 hours 37 minutes, not 23 hours. And that's with collecting all covenant items, rings and all other grindy things yourself. With some co-op help I think a time around the 9 hour mark is possible. 

However, the fastest profile on this page has a messed up trophy order.

Ya my time was obviously off the WR I last saw was 23 hours I just assumed it would have still been close because the Fromsoft speedrun community is usually quick to lower times.  It was probs wrong of me to even make this post but as far as I know theres no way to boss skip everything and just get an ending unless someone found a way even if you could boss skip most bosses you would think there would have to be one you couldn't glitch past.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...