Which is better? More platinums, or rarer platinums? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

If you play games to impress strangers online then fair enough to go for rare platinums. If you play solely for numbers to say "oooh look how many I have" then that's fair enough too. Each their own. I personally do both. But rarity itself has never been my main focus. My rare ones have just come naturally. I just like trophies lol

• Like 2

Personally my skills are very limited. So im normally happy whatever plat I can grab. If im able to grab a super rare plat, ill probably celebrate a bit and move on. Normally I just play for fun or whatever I feel. But it does feel somewhat good to see my PSN lvl grow. So I had been pushing a bit more super easy stuffs And let me just say some are very boring. It actually takes a whole new level of patience and perseverance skills. But I got no time to worry what others think of my cheap profile. Im happy thats all that matters....

3 minutes ago, ImmortalFox- said:

I really hate this debate. It really doesn't matter in the long run.

I agree with you. As long as your playing your games, collecting your platinums (both rare and common), then what does it matter in the end? Just have a good time doing it.

• Like 1

I came from the 360 era of achievement hunting where the higher your overall number the better. That said, because PS has platinum trophies, I think harder games are still pretty cool to go after if you're into them. I try to do a mix of both depending on how I'm feeling at the time. But regardless of platinum difficulty if I don't like a game, or I don't enjoy the grind to get a certain trophy, I'm gonna stop playing it even if it's an easy platinum (36 fragments of midnight for example). The thing I'll never understand about trophy hunters though are the people that only play games they can 100%. I cringe every time I see someone's completion over 95%. The saddest example of this is when people have separate accounts to play games on because they don't want to ruin they high completion account. Seems like they completely missed the point of playing games.

Edited by Dethfuse
  • Like 2

I find rarer platinums more fulfilling, especially if it's due to difficulty or that is requires some kind of learning curve but I don't obsess over them and always make sure to play games I think will be (at least generally) fun which is how I'd describe the few hard ones I have gone for. I don't get bothered if a plat is above 5% but the lower the rarity (as an ultra rare) the more excitement I get. I always avoid games I'd play purely for having a very low or very high rarity where I'd be completey uninterested in the game otherwise.

I too don't get the appeal for hundreds of platinums and all these easy games and stacking (unless you genuinely enjoy the games of course) as it does seem like a waste of time when you could be playing something better. Maybe some people are just addicted? The ping sound effect has worn off a little over the years for me personally but I still find it so compelling/motivating for getting trophies in games.