Which is better? More platinums, or rarer platinums? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

9 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Better for what? To impress people? That would require actually caring about the opinions of others, which makes your own life being dependant on random strangers, which can be bad and personally I recommend avoiding. Just be the master of your own life and enjoy every moment of it, as there are no replays nor continues in that game.

i agree with this 100%. 

i just play the games i enjoy (most times), and if i can get a plat i will. but i dont go out of my way to. i dont care for rankings etc.. i enjoy gaming when i have time and thats all i really care about. to each their own.

tho i guess if i had to answer the question, the overall number of rarer plats wins. anyone could get 100 plats doing all the visual novels and crap plats (i have a few crap plats), but then you look at the persons list and say hey you have 100 plats, and its all crap games.... or you find someone with solid 40+ plats but are rare or harder to achieve, makes it look better.

10 hours ago, MrFudge said:

Holy shit is this...’Feral_Aussie’ (?)...from PS3T? I used to use that site in like 2010 and remember you. I literally just signed up here, randomly clicked on some forum post on the sidebar, and bam I see your name. 

Also sorry for posting here, my browser won’t load properly so I can’t DM you. 

To answer the thread, # of plats doesn’t really impress me - tho I will briefly marvel at hauls that are in the hundreds. I respect the dedication but skill is what I truly value. When it comes to my own profile, I enjoy both. 

PS3T.com right? Cause someone could've been masquerading as me on .org lol. But yes I am Feral from PS3T.

All good mate. I'm a little worried as to why you remember me though.

Edited by Feral
Missed a word, as bloody always

Fun platinums, those are what matter to me

I dont really care about rarity or the amount of plats since:

Rarity only signifies if the plat is hard and/or grindy and/or boring

Amount only signifies how much you play, how much time you have, and technically how 'fast' you gain them

Both, dont necessarily include 'fun' in it, if just somehow it was possible to include a 'honest fun-o-meter', now that would be what i value most

2 hours ago, Feral said:

All good mate. I'm a little as to why you remember me though.

I remember you to, must be the Jack Sparrow avatar and alcohol references. You're kind of celebrity.

To answer OPs question. People who actually finish the games they're playing is better.

I'm currently playing WATCH_DOGS on PS3. 21,6% of players has unlocked the trophy for completing the game according to PS APP.

What's up with that?

16 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

I remember you to, must be the Jack Sparrow avatar and alcohol references. You're kind of celebrity.

I see, interesting. Lol has to be it. Ha ha ha my movies made me famous.

Personally many rare trophies/platinums is more impressive but rarity usually means very difficult or very time consuming and most people probably don't have the time to grind 500 hours for a plat or play multiple playthroughs of the same game.

I myself like to mix it up. That's why in my list Access Denied is next to Sekiro. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Feral said:

PS3T.com right? I'm a little worried as to why you remember me though.

.com indeed. 

Loool don't fret, as someone mentioned above there's just something about a feral, alcoholic Johnny Depp from Australia that sticks in the mind. I actually posted a thread on PS3T in ~2014, reminiscing about all the site members i used to look up to, one of which was you. And I'm pretty sure you were the first reply to that thread! But sadly I now see that PS3T no longer exists, so I can't pull it up. 

• Like 1

The way I do things is the best way.... play whatever you like and put the time and effort to platinum/ 100% if you want.  Don't worry about rarity (pointless and could change at any moment) and amount plats, it's all about the quality of time and fun of playing and hunting.

That said.... don't be one of them people with 4+ stacks on shitload of games, that is the definition of trophy whore.

Edited by Fr_0zt

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

Getting more platinums these days is extremely easy. So definitely rarer for me. But hey that's just me :)

Rare platinums are also very easy to get this days, mighty no9 for exemple, 0,89%, 21 ultra rare trophies? Only because it's bad? No one seem better this days honestly...

As in most things in life, quality should some above quantity. Having fun is crucial, but dedication to a difficult personal goal does have its pluses. I would never spend a ton of money or "effort" playing junk, just to have a ton of trophies. But each gamer should do what it pleases him / she.

2 hours ago, ClownSyndicate said:

"trophy hunters" who just stack easy platinums from terrible or easy games are no trophy hunters.

No, that fits the bill of trophy hunter quite well

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

No, that's a trophy whore.

Still a trophy hunter.

There is no universally agreed upon criteria for what constitutes a "real" trophy hunter, and besides to categorize as such is the height of pomposity. So there are people who like to earn lots of stacks to boost their ranking and level, so what? Why be so derisive of the way people play games? Even beforehand most people had no chance of the top spots in their country/world so I don't really see what's so different now. Of what consequence is the ways and means by which others obtain trophies so long as they aren't hacking? We're all gamers and all trophy hunters and our community is toxic enough as it without contriving more ways to bring each other down. 

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2

I like to get rare plats then do a few easy ones. It's a great feeling getting a plat that not many have, but its also nice and relaxing getting an easy plat. Getting a rare plat is definitely a better feeling though. Getting trophies on PS3 is also better imo because i like to hear the ping sound which is nice and clear on PS3... On PS4 it isn't, most of the time I don't even hear the ping.

IMO I think the rarer the platinum, the better. Personally I created this account as a 100% account while playing games that take more skill then tapping a button or a “point and click” game. I find it more satisfying to complete a difficult game then to complete a game that may take an hour or so to play. But i’m also kinda weird, like i enjoy games that require a grind because I like to get my money out of a game. 

Bad games make your account look bad. Good games make your account look good. Typically the easy ones are the bad ones but it does not necessarily work in the inverse. Some of the rarest platinums are rare because they are a chore or unfair. Neither of which are good game design. Doing the same mundane and repetitive task for 200 hours to earn an obscure platinum is just as pointless as playing a Ratalaika game in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Still a trophy hunter.

There is no universally agreed upon criteria for what constitutes a "real" trophy hunter, and besides to categorize as such is the height of pomposity. So there are people who like to earn lots of stacks to boost their ranking and level, so what? Why be so derisive of the way people play games? Even beforehand most people had no chance of the top spots in their country/world so I don't really see what's so different now. Of what consequence is the ways and means by which others obtain trophies so long as they aren't hacking? We're all gamers and all trophy hunters and our community is toxic enough as it without contriving more ways to bring each other down. 

It's well known that players with stacks and bad + easy games are trophy whores.  They don't enjoy what they Do, they only do it to get more rank (pointless x6 ?).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrFudge said:

.com indeed. 

Loool don't fret, as someone mentioned above there's just something about a feral, alcoholic Johnny Depp from Australia that sticks in the mind. I actually posted a thread on PS3T in ~2014, reminiscing about all the site members i used to look up to, one of which was you. And I'm pretty sure you were the first reply to that thread! But sadly I now see that PS3T no longer exists, so I can't pull it up. 

Well good.

Ha ha ha ha, I can see how that would be memorable. You looked up to me? You must be coming after my drunken crown lol jk. I probably was, remember that thread well. Yeah must've gone down recently though, it was still around a few months ago.

2 hours ago, Feral said:

You looked up to me? You must be coming after my drunken crown lol jk. I probably was, remember that thread well. Yeah must've gone down recently though, it was still around a few months ago.

Well you made that site worth visiting for more than just the guides. Oh damn, shame I never got to have one last visit. Anyway, stay awesome. And drunk. 

• Like 1