Which is better? More platinums, or rarer platinums? (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

It's well known that players with stacks and bad + easy games are trophy whores.  They don't enjoy what they Do, they only do it to get more rank (pointless x6 1f609.png).

Is it possible that some people may enjoy these so called "bad + easy games" and want to play them more than once? People like getting trophies (I assume that's why your here) and if you could play a fun game, three, four or five times and each time earn trophies than that seems like a bonus. That is a trophy hunter.

A trophy whore is someone who buys a game, easy or hard knowing that they will hate it just to get trophies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reiner- said:

Is it possible that some people may enjoy these so called "bad + easy games" and want to play them more than once? People like getting trophies (I assume that's why your here) and if you could play a fun game, three, four or five times and each time earn trophies than that seems like a bonus. That is a trophy hunter.

A trophy whore is someone who buys a game, easy or hard knowing that they will hate it just to get trophies.

Well, that must be dumb down/ kid  definition of trophy hunter and trophy whore cuz back in my day....

19 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Well, that must be dumb down/ kid  definition of trophy hunter and trophy whore cuz back in my day....

It was written that way so you could understand it.

I'm guessing that you're 30+ years of age because no one younger than that would say "back in my day". ?

Seeing as though you didn't finish your sentence I assume that by saying back your day you are referring to the fact games didn't have trophies and you would only play games for fun? 

If this is what you meant than I totally agree. 

Edited by reiner-

10 minutes ago, reiner- said:

It was written that way so you could understand it.

I'm guessing that you're 30+ years of age because no one younger than that would say "back in my day". ?

Seeing as though you didn't finish your sentence I assume that by saying back your day you are referring to the fact games didn't have trophies and you would only play games for fun? 

If this is what you meant than I totally agree. 

No, I'm not that old and I did not finish my sentence because back in the day....

Trophy Hunter: play whatever game they like and hunt trophies if they want.

Trophy whore: multiple stacks, bad + easy, easy only (TT), safe (cheats), etc.

.... everyone knows this.

See the difference?

I can accept 3 stacks (PS3/ VITA/ PS4) of great games but once you are running around with more than that and let's not even begin with stacks + regional stacks.... that shit is trophy whore with not even a drop of pride ?

Edited by Fr_0zt

1 hour ago, Fr_0zt said:

No, I'm not that old and I did not finish my sentence because back in the day....

Trophy Hunter: play whatever game they like and hunt trophies if they want.

Trophy whore: multiple stacks, bad + easy, easy only (TT), safe (cheats), etc.

.... everyone knows this.

See the difference?

I can accept 3 stacks (PS3/ VITA/ PS4) of great games but once you are running around with more than that and let's not even begin with stacks + regional stacks.... that shit is trophy whore with not even a drop of pride ?

Why is it always the completion junkies that get so angry about trophies?

Edited by Dethfuse
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MrFudge said:

Well you made that site worth visiting for more than just the guides. Oh damn, shame I never got to have one last visit. Anyway, stay awesome. And drunk. 

Cheers mate, I'm pleased to hear that. Yeah, would've been nice to hang out there one last time. I shall try lol.

Usually I just buy games that I really want to play - and if I like them enough, I try my damnest to platinum them, if however I get bored, I tend to leave the game soon after. However if I'm buying an old game on sale, that I missed out on and really wNt to play, and need to choose between two game (for example recently between Wolfenstein 2 and Ghost Recon Wildllands) I do take into consideration, which of the platinums is more achievable - since I know that the wolfenstein 2 platinum is pretty much unlikely - and am more likely to get bored of the game before I can make it through the death incarnate run, I ddid go for Ghost recon which I know I will (being a fan of open world games ) be more likely to take towards platinum. As a result i have fewer platinums - and most of them are usually in the 10 - 25% range - because theyre likely games that are super popular amongst the community. I do have like one ultra rare platinum from my 20 or so platinums (but I only got that one coz I love stealth games) and not because I was really trying. I only really start trying for a platinum on a game, once I've spent at least 25 hours on it/I've finished it at least more than once. 

I think trophy lists speak of what kind of gamer you are, what games you like, what you don't like - its like your profile to signal to others your interests and your dislikes. so I would never play a game only coz its got an easy platinum, but if a game has an easy platinum and is about something I love (in my case the most common plat I have is of Batman the tell tale game) I would surely play that. At the end of the day I would like to stand by all my plats, coz they were games I lived and loved. 

Still hoping to make it to the rdr 2 platinum, but dont know if Ill ever own five horse concurrently yet/ or that I could bring myself back to get the 30-40 gold medals Im missing. but I really have spent over 300 hours on the game - and is perhaps my most rewarding experience in the last two years in a single game. 

I think plats aregreat, but just playing a great game is greater. TLOU - for example - I have all the single player trophies on PS4 and all online tropies on PS3 - but I have pretty much given hope on getting its plat - coz online is pretty much dead and grindy now - but Ive come to terms with that. its not the end of the world, and TLOU will still remain one of my fav games of all time. 

Edited by solomonluthor
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 8:01 PM, MrFudge said:

.com indeed. 

Loool don't fret, as someone mentioned above there's just something about a feral, alcoholic Johnny Depp from Australia that sticks in the mind. I actually posted a thread on PS3T in ~2014, reminiscing about all the site members i used to look up to, one of which was you. And I'm pretty sure you were the first reply to that thread! But sadly I now see that PS3T no longer exists, so I can't pull it up. 

Wait, the site no longer exists?

*goes to check*

LOL :popcorn:

Back on topic, my answer is: I will still get platinums regardless of the rarity (unless it's a sports game, or something along the lines of PUBG, then I avoid it like the plague).

• 3 weeks later...

A balance of both. I only platinum games I really enjoy and find worth doing for the plat, I would not bother going for the plat in a game I hate (if I even bother complete it). I find the longer and rarer ones more fulfilling, that I feel like telling my mum (who knows nothing about technology let alone gaming), e.g. FF, Tales, Persona. Although I don't mind the odd few easy ones as I enjoy Otome games a lot, the plats are super easy but I play the games for fun with the platinum being a bonus