Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered Trailer

The original had MASSIVE online issues, including both hard and soft crashes to hardware. The online and offline sections were done by two different companies and the bugs NEVER got worked out of the online play. We couldn't get thru a session with our group without having people drop in and out constantly. While the game was GREAT (especially the offline story mode), it presented plenty of issues that could be detrimental to your hardware. While I recommend the game, I DON'T recommend being at the head of the line if the bugs are still present. 

Image result for caveat emptor meme

Edited by PSXtreme_
  • Like 1

I also have the game on ps3 but never played it because of the online being over. It looks like a good game though so I was considering getting the offline trophies only.

Great news to see this game remastered, with the online or not, this time I have my chance at the platinum ^^

I too hope it has the online for two reasons:

a) The 'authentic' platinum experience: it allows people who never played the original to platinum the game as if it were the original, making the server closure of the original more negligible. Also, it'd allow people who were casualties of the original to at least platinum the game in some capacity.

b ) It just looks fun. 

• Like 1

Day one buy for me.

I hope it still has the online component as well - online was brilliant fun when playing with friends or a group of people who would work as a team and help each other out.  I never really encountered many problems when playing online aside from a few crashes, and the platinum remains one of my proudest to this day, even after 8 years.

Good times... good times indeed. :)

Great game, really enjoyed the multiplayer experience too, despite some of its buggy shortcomings. Managed to get the platinum about a month or so before the servers went down, and since there was no announcement I'm lucky that I just happened to be playing it at the time.

If online play does make a comeback (and I hope it does, some of the co-op modes were a lot of fun), I'm guessing it will only be available for the remastered version. Shame, I'd jump right back on my PS3 for that given the chance.

I’ve been wanting to get my funky hands on this game for some time now regardless of the online trophies. Glad this game got the much needed remaster. Probably a good idea there’s no multiplayer modes since most past remasteres (Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection for example) released without it’s online portion, and from what I’m aware even those trophies were a grindfest!