Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered Trailer

On 5/30/2019 at 11:23 PM, RigbySanchez439 said:

Probably a good idea there’s no multiplayer modes since most past remasteres (Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection for example) released without it’s online portion, and from what I’m aware even those trophies were a grindfest!

Thing is though, remasters like the AC titles you mentioned (plus BioShock 2, among others) had DLC trophies that could be implemented into the platinum to replace the now-missing multiplayer trophies.  Ghostbusters had no DLC, so removing the MP trophies would cut the trophy list down to about 35 trophies instead of the 51 that the "old" game had, and I can't see the remastered game being given another dozen or so all-new trophies in their place.

16 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Thing is though, remasters like the AC titles you mentioned (plus BioShock 2, among others) had DLC trophies that could be implemented into the platinum to replace the now-missing multiplayer trophies.  Ghostbusters had no DLC, so removing the MP trophies would cut the trophy list down to about 35 trophies instead of the 51 that the "old" game had, and I can't see the remastered game being given another dozen or so all-new trophies in their place.

So they'll just have those, tons of trophy lists with 30 something trophies on it, and before you mention it, it wouldn't be the first time a remaster list had the type of trophies changed so they keep the same trophy value for the full list even though it has less trophies. Also you gave a bad example, While Bioshock 2 had DLC trophies for the PS4 version they remained as DLC, they didn't replaced the online trophies from the PS3 version, the main list for the base game went from 51 trophies to only 39, so you just shot your own reasoning down.

Like I said before, no way a small company like this will waste money keeping up a server for a remastered game's MP, let alone a niche title like this.

25 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Like I said before, no way a small company like this will waste money keeping up a server for a remastered game's MP, let alone a niche title like this.

Just have to wait and see. ?

And, my bad about BioShock 2 - I did think the DLC trophies were incorporated into the platinum for some reason. Cheers for correcting me on that point.

Edited by StewartBros

34 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Just have to wait and see. ?

And, my bad about BioShock 2 - I did think the DLC trophies were incorporated into the platinum for some reason. Cheers for correcting me on that point.

The Minerva's Den DLC can become indirectly part of the PS3 version's Platinum requirements if a very specific but avoidable situation happens. If you install the DLC before starting a new game, then you're good to go and nothing changes but if you install it after starting a new game, then your save will become corrupt and won't load, thus forcing you to either start a new game from scratch or delete the DLC and finish the game before attempting to reinstall it.

4 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Just have to wait and see. 1f642.png

I mean, yeah I could be wrong, but honestly, I doubt it, too much money involved with little reward for them to implement the MP.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 0:43 PM, snakebit10 said:

I am excited to get to play this. Never had it to play on PS3. 

Same here. At the time this came out for PS3, my general leeriness of licensed games kept me from giving this a chance. After seeing a video of the PS3 one on Youtube, I think I may have made a mistake... this doesn't look bad after all. Now I'm thinking about getting the remastered one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 5:14 AM, PSXtreme_ said:

The original had MASSIVE online issues, including both hard and soft crashes to hardware. The online and offline sections were done by two different companies and the bugs NEVER got worked out of the online play. We couldn't get thru a session with our group without having people drop in and out constantly. While the game was GREAT (especially the offline story mode), it presented plenty of issues that could be detrimental to your hardware. While I recommend the game, I DON'T recommend being at the head of the line if the bugs are still present. 

Image result for caveat emptor meme

This worries me a bit. I absolutely loved the online survival mode, and is one of the things I am most excited about. I played this way back on the xbox 360, when it was first out and new. As far as I can remember, I don't recall any problems with the online. But if there was, I hope they can iron them out this time.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:56 AM, Martain2 said:

*Starts praying*

"Please drop the online, Please drop the online"

Why? Just because you want an easy Platinum Trophy? The online was fun, I hope they bring it back full force. 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 11:35 PM, jackmadrox said:

This worries me a bit. I absolutely loved the online survival mode, and is one of the things I am most excited about. I played this way back on the xbox 360, when it was first out and new. As far as I can remember, I don't recall any problems with the online. But if there was, I hope they can iron them out this time.

Why? Just because you want an easy Platinum Trophy? The online was fun, I hope they bring it back full force. 

Nope but nice to see you jumping to conclusions.

My reasons for wanting the online removed are;

1. Because it was (from what I've read) buggy as hell on the PS3 version so I've no faith they will make it anymore stable on the PS4.

2. Will give a limited amount of time to unlock the trophies as most online modes do.
3. Will probably have a small amount of people that will bother picking up a remastered PS3 game on the PS4.

4. Means I won't have to bother renewing a PS+ sub.

6 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Nope but nice to see you jumping to conclusions.

My reasons for wanting the online removed are;

1. Because it was (from what I've read) buggy as hell on the PS3 version so I've no faith they will make it anymore stable on the PS4.

2. Will give a limited amount of time to unlock the trophies as most online modes do.
3. Will probably have a small amount of people that will bother picking up a remastered PS3 game on the PS4.

4. Means I won't have to bother renewing a PS+ sub.

Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean others shouldn't have the opportunity to play it. And there's a really simple solution: Simply don't play the online multiplayer if you dislike it. Just play the story mode and ignore the online. Simple. 

• Like 1

https://deadentertainment.com/2019/06/09/multiplayer-for-ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered-being-rebuilt-from-the-ground-up/

Last night, we learned that the title will not ship with the [multiplayer] feature, but instead it will arrive as a free update sometime after release. More specific details on a timeline should come at a later date, but the bright side of this is that the multiplayer experience is being rebuilt from the ground up.

As you may or may not already know, the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game featured an online multiplayer component, allowing players to team up for cooperative gameplay on a variety of standalone missions that took place outside of the main storyline. It had a fair bit of variety as well, with some missions requiring capturing as many ghosts as possible while others had you defending equipment long enough for an objective to be met.

It's unknown what this revamped multiplayer will look like, but it certainly makes sense for this game to have a more robust online experience, especially in the era where games often have some kind of ongoing live service component for players to build communities around.

On 30/05/2019 at 0:51 PM, JNSpradlin said:

I just want the old servers brought back up.

Yeah really don’t want to buy this game again also don’t see the need for a remaster. Just bring the old servers back up

• Like 1

WOW. So it is actually getting the multiplayer. I'm pretty damn shocked but also pretty damn excited. They must be re-engineering it to iron out the bugs and to make the stats save file-side instead of server side (making it more of a P2P experience to reduce costs).

Edited by Potent_Delusions

8 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

So it is actually getting the multiplayer. They must be re-engineering it to iron out the bugs

The original assets for the multiplayer weren't found with the single player portion, so (from link above) "the multiplayer experience is being rebuilt from the ground up".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Retail release exclusive to GameStop. The only extra content available will be for PC through EGS. Price $29.99.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered-only-at-gamestop/179179

Well that sucks, but it's better than it being stuck as a digital only title. Thanks for the info.

Well to hear this will be getting the MP DLC at a later date is a bit worrying. Only for a completionist perspective though. 

I'll wait until everything is released before I consider buying it. But in all honesty I think its stupid adding the MP trophies to a remaster. Doesn't matter if the trophy list goes from 50 to 30 trophies, it also knocks back some completionist remaster sales too. 

In case you haven't figured it out just yet, I despise all forms of MP and that certainly includes trophy requirements. 

I never got to play Uncharted 3 on release because I was late to PS3 and didn't want to grind the online requirements. But they released a remaster with no online trophies and I snapped it up. 

Same with BioShock 2, Far Cry 3 and some others. All the remasters that still featured online trophies though I never bothered with. 

You also have to remember that most remasters don't get the marketing that the original games had, so the MP suffers anyway... GAH!

Edited by DaveMcDamage

Yeah yeah, everything will be great with MP. But at some beautiful sunday morning all ghostbusters over here will give a shiny notice "the servers will be shutdown because..well we dont give a f** about you, trophy hunters, we just need to save some $" . And then there will be a madness like now with TLOU MP on PS3. Im too old for this.