Vern3r0z

Pulled from PSN?

20 posts in this topic

Cant find this game anywhere on the EU store, this was not the case when it was released. Did they pull this only from the EU store. Upon cheking wheter or not its in the US store, at least the us website shows that it is in there. Does anyone have any info on the fate of the EU release?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Looks like it got pulled some time in the last 12 hours or so. Was pulled from UK/IE/AU as well. Link for reference:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP8925-CUSA14707_00-SSPS4SIEEDIGI001

yeah, but its still up in the US store. As i understood it there were some problems with the trophy list. I wonder if thats why they pulled it, or was the game never supposed to come out in EU.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been a lot of titles pulled from the EU store in recent days, not just this one. Seems to potentially be due to EU market problems.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's either that or they never got officially rated.

 

Luckily it never had a stack trophy wise, but it might be wise getting it in NA asap just in case

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why so many games have mysteriously vanished from the EU store during the last month?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No clue.

 

Meow Motors was delisted twice and eventually came back, and they claimed vaguely it was something to do with EU PSN markets.

Dark Quest 2 was pulled earlier this month after being in the store for 3 weeks, and the developers didn't even know about it or why when asked.

Shikhondo's EU version was pulled earlier this week.

 

I'm sure there's more pulled we're not aware of as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Does anyone know why so many games have mysteriously vanished from the EU store during the last month?

Not sure, but think ratings are more complex just because of all the different countries, while in the US, it's the same across the board.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the ratings directly were the problem, they wouldn't be in European markets on Xbox One as well. It may be interaction with SIEE and ratings potentially, but it's not directly the ratings.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

If the ratings directly were the problem, they wouldn't be in European markets on Xbox One as well. It may be interaction with SIEE and ratings potentially, but it's not directly the ratings.

Ratings we're an issue with Brain Seals Dark Quest 2.

 

Source: I directly have contact with him and it's because he didn't get the official pegi ratings and used the same ratings for EU.

 

It's an isolated case but Dark Quest 2 was pulled because of it's ratings 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Would explain why there's no rating for Dark Quest 2 on the PEGI site. It's actually the same for Skelly Selest - no public rating on PEGI site.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Interesting. Would explain why there's no rating for Dark Quest 2 on the PEGI site. It's actually the same for Skelly Selest - no public rating on PEGI site.

I'm telling you it's probably 90% not rated properly because *cough* it's really fucking expensive.

 

Indie devs can't afford to do this the, so I'm really not surprised.

 

Especially if it's a small team etc.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I'm telling you it's probably 90% not rated properly because *cough* it's really fucking expensive.

 

Indie devs can't afford to do this the, so I'm really not surprised.

 

Especially if it's a small team etc.

 

 

Ao if it is that, does it mean the game gets eventually released on EU again or what?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't buy the "PEGI ratings are too expensive for indie devs" excuse. For small games the PEGI rating will be cheaper than an ESRB rating, and will be around the same price as an ESRB rating for bigger games.

 

If PEGI rating really is a bank killer, then Ratalaika must be richer than everyone thinks, since he gets to pay 2x to PEGI for all those stacks, to rate for both PS4 and Vita.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

then Ratalaika must be richer than everyone thinks, since he gets to pay 2x to PEGI for all those stacks, to rate for both PS4 and Vita.

 

People buy their simple games in all the stores for the stacks, so yeah, they're rich xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I still don't buy the "PEGI ratings are too expensive for indie devs" excuse. For small games the PEGI rating will be cheaper than an ESRB rating, and will be around the same price as an ESRB rating for bigger games.

 

If PEGI rating really is a bank killer, then Ratalaika must be richer than everyone thinks, since he gets to pay 2x to PEGI for all those stacks, to rate for both PS4 and Vita.

It's still expensive to do multiple ratings, it's why companies don't just make every region stack possible.

 

Everything adds up man

1 hour ago, Vern3r0z said:

Ao if it is that, does it mean the game gets eventually released on EU again or what?

Hard to say, I know for certain Dark Quest 2 wont

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

I still don't buy the "PEGI ratings are too expensive for indie devs" excuse. For small games the PEGI rating will be cheaper than an ESRB rating, and will be around the same price as an ESRB rating for bigger games.

 

If PEGI rating really is a bank killer, then Ratalaika must be richer than everyone thinks, since he gets to pay 2x to PEGI for all those stacks, to rate for both PS4 and Vita.

If it's the exact same game, why would they have to get it rated twice?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

If it's the exact same game, why would they have to get it rated twice?

Different country and rating boards.

 

EU is very strict with it's regulations and if they don't do things they way they want it the game will be axed and off the market

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

If it's the exact same game, why would they have to get it rated twice?

 

I imagine that PEGI operates similarly to the German rating board (USK). A full title seems to cost a little over 1k Euro to be rated once (additional fees not taken into account). Purchasing an official rating for a version on another system/platform (with identical content to a previously rated title) costs an additional 300 Euro (per system) according to this public chart: http://www.usk.de/en/extramenue/login/publisher/material/cost-overview/

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it cost so much to get a rating and why the extra fees to re-rate games when porting it elsewhere, when it's the exact same game? I would have thought that would all be covered by the Platform rights holder.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.