Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reveal Trailer (October 25, 2019)

Activision_2019-May-30-1024x694.jpg

Prepare to go dark, Modern Warfare is back!

The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare® engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war. Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up. In the visceral and dramatic single-player story campaign, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can. Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East. And the story doesn’t end there.

In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, players will be thrust into an immersive narrative spanning the entire game. Players can experience the ultimate online playground with classic multiplayer or squad-up and play cooperatively in a collection of elite operations, accessible to all skill levels. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare arrives October 25th, 2019.

Some info about the game:

- New engine (built from scratch)**

**Tech: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare features a new engine delivering an immersive and photo-realistic experience. The new technology utilizes the latest advancements in visual engineering, including a physically-based material system allowing for state-of-the-art photogrammetry, a new hybrid tile based streaming system, new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing (PC) and more, as well as a new GPU geometry pipeline. Spectral rendering delivers thermal heat radiation and infrared identification for both thermal and night-vision in-game imaging. The technical investment made provides a cutting-edge animation system and blend shape system, while the new suite of audio of tools allows for full Dolby ATMOS support, on supported platforms, along with the latest in audio simulation effects.

- No season pass (Activision has confirmed that the next Call of Duty won’t have a season pass.)

- cross-platform support with PC and consoles

“Every design decision has been made with our players in mind,” said Patrick Kelly, Creative Director and co-Studio Head, Infinity Ward. “With the launch of Modern Warfare, we’re taking steps to unite the community.  First, we plan for Modern Warfare to be played together across PC and console through cross-play support.  Second, we’re eliminating the traditional season pass, so that we can deliver more free maps and content as well as post-launch events to all players.  This is just the beginning – there’s much more to come.”

About the campaign, which features the return of Captain Price

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can with an edgy, culturally relevant and thought-provoking single-player campaign.
  • Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces and freedom fighters throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East.
  • Fans will experience personalities from the Modern Warfare series, including the iconic Captain Price, while experiencing visceral frontline encounters with lethal tier one operators who work within the gray area of their rules of engagement.
  • Single player gameplay is reflexive and strategic, supporting the narrative through a variety of different playstyles including close quarter, stealth missions and long-range combat that puts tactical decision making to the ultimate test.

One gameplay mission that featured your group breaching a room in which the lights had been destroyed. The player could then activate night vision (now no longer a green filter but actually necessary to see in the dark) and pick off the enemies. The thing is, this is optional. You could finish the mission Rambo-style gunning everybody down or take the tactical approach. And, per usual, each path has its own consequences.

Here's an overview of the missions shown (courtesy of CharlieINTEL)

Spoiler

London / Navy SEAL Raid Mission: 

The first campaign mission took place in October 2019 in London. (Yes, this game is literally a modern game, set in the current year.) The mission started off in the streets of London, as a British Police Officer is approaching a suspicious vehicle. Two individuals come running out of the vehicle and the officers start yelling at them to stop moving. As the officers and individuals get closer, the vehicle that dropped them off slaps the accelerator forward and the car blows up — leading to a major attack. 

The screen shifts to a debrief on the attack about what happened there, and it starts discussing the locations of where the attackers who planned it could be hiding. The demo then picks up with a Navy SEAL team about to breach a house. We are following and playing as a Navy Seal. 

The mission takes place in October 20, 2019. 

The SEAL team starts to breach the house through a back gate that is open. There is a team at the front too, but we follow the back door team as they enter this house. 

They start to approach the house with NVG off, but as they enter the house turn on their NVG. On the first floor, they approach a dining room that has three individuals. At this point, your character shoots the lights to dim the whole place. Then, the SEALs move in to take out all three suspects in the room with a silenced weapon. A women in the room runs for a gun but is shot down before she can fire it. The front door opens and the second SEAL team enters. 

They then move floor by floor to clear out all of the suspects. As the move up to the second floor, they approach a room, break down the door, 

On the second floor, they approach cautiously to a room in their sights. As they are about to breach, someone inside fires multiple rounds towards them through the door. Your character goes full prone and starts shooting right back. The breach the room and ensure the suspect is down. They hear someone in the bathroom hiding and the suspect starts to fire through the walls. Your character falls to the ground again and then starts getting up slowly as he fires through the wall to take out the enemy. You then open the door and see the enemy dead with blood splattered across the bathroom. 

On the third floor, this is where the mission gets a little more dramatic. You breach into a room and look to your left to a baby yelling and crying. You see the mom start to slowly back up towards the baby, and the SEALs are yelling at her to stop moving because they fear she has a gun. A SEAL soldier runs towards the mom and was able to get to her before she could get any weapon. (Side note: I honestly thought they were about to shoot the mom with how the mission was going along, but they did not). Another soldier says “silence the baby” as he would not stop crying. The SEALs move towards a side bedroom on this floor and there’s a suspect hiding, leaning over the wall with a weapon about to fire. You take cover. The suspect lunges underneath a bed, but the SEAL spots the movement and fires at him before he can make another move. They then move towards the highest floor of the house.

On the highest floor, they breach a room where and see a woman who is attempting to access some data. They start to approach her and yell at her to stop moving or they’ll shoot. The woman still keeps tip-toeing backwards and as she reaches for something, the SEAL shoots her multiple times. You see on the desk that she was going to grab a hammer to use as a weapon. Once you take out this woman at the top floor, the mission enters a quick debrief and ends. 

For this mission, the entire house was recreated 1:1 from a real set to in-game with each floor have different targets and different suspect locations. Infinity Ward confirmed that there is more  of these “1:1” breach style missions in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. 

Flashback Mission 

The second mission we were shown was a flashback mission that gives us a look as to why two rebel fighters that are part of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare became rebel fighters. These fighters will connect with Captain Price throughout the Modern Warfare story (they did not show us this, but mentioned it to us), but this specific mission features a look 20 years ago as to the story behind the motivation for these rebel fights. 

As a note: this part of the demo shown to us, including cut scenes and gameplay, was from the daughter’s perspective.

The scene starts off with a big explosion in a country in the Middle East. After the explosion occurs, we are taken into the perspective of a female child who is stuck under all of the rubble caused by the explosion. The explosion was a drone strike (by I believe Russia). She is panicking and yelling for help. Another girl is stuck next to her but unresponsive. She tries to push around the fallen rocks and cement slabs off of her, but she is too small. We then hear someone come from above them and remove the rubble to see the girl stuck in there. Frantically, many more people come to remove the remaining rubble (even using a saw at one point). Once it’s removed, they pull the girl out, and she goes to her father’s hand, who starts asking where is her brother. The other girl with her in the rubble does not appear to survive. Now, another airstrike drops on the location.

The father picks up the girl and they both start running to find where her brother is. The sister says the brother stayed at home to study, so he wasn’t with her. They have to get back home to find the brother, but during the run back, Russian soldiers come in on vehicles, jump out of the vehicles, and just start shooting everyone — you can hear women, children screaming not to be shot; men and women yelling in pain. The father puts the kid down and tells her to follow behind him. As they start running and getting closer to their house, the Russian soldiers throw some sort of nerve/lethal gas. They bust inside their house, shut the door, and find the brother. They converse about what they must to do next (and the girl/boy are given cell phones). The father reveals that their mother has been killed. The father hands the boy a gas mask, tells him that the daughter will be okay without a mask right now, and prepare to leave. 

A Russian soldier is ordered to check door to door and comes into their house before they can leave. The father pleads with him not to shoot because there are children in the house. The father then lunges towards the attacker to take the weapon away and stab him. The little boy tries to help the father take down the attacker, but the attacker throws the boy into the door, knocking him out. The Russian soldier is a lot stronger and shoots the father numerous times — in front of the daughter. The daughter runs for her cover. The soldier starts to search for her around the house, and she starts to run into vents. This begins a little cat and mouse style chase. She picks up a screwdriver, runs at him, stabs him in the leg. He yells. The girl runs again, back for cover as the attacker is not subdued. They go around in this cat and mouse style chase for two more times with the girl stabbing him repeatedly in the legs with a screwdriver, and then, the brother wakes up. The action movies to the kitchen of the house, where a fight ensues again. The daughter stabs this attacker, alongside the brother trying to choke him out. As the man is brought down, the daughter finally gets a hold of the AK of the attacker and shoots him numerous times. The brother and sister converse about what they need to do, and the girl takes off the attacker’s gas mask to use for herself.  

Now, the two kids walk over to their father — with tears shown on the screen. The father is on his last breathe, telling the kids they must do anything they have to in order to survive. He then dies. 

The two kids decide to leave the house, both wearing gas masks. The girl gets on the boy’s foot to use as a pedestal to break the door’s jammed lock. It now turns into a stealth style mission.  

The two kids have to get across a long area where Russian soldiers are standing around, laughing at and murdering the civilians on the streets. As they are walking, you can hear the solider say that they are “rounding up” some of the women and children to take away, but then says that the women in front of him is too beaten up. You then hear gun shots. 

Then, a civilian who is injured sees the boy and grabs his mask, which momentarily falls off, begging for help. The kids both stumble over this man and keep running (the injured civilian chokes to death on the nerve gas), but the boy’s mask being off for a second causes him to start coughing due to the gas. The kids continue to run until they are out of the gas-filled area. They both take off their gas masks and start to search for a way to escape. They come up on a small village area and witness more soldiers killing civilians. The kids run through a shed as bullets fly over their head and you hear civilians yelling.  

They come up on another area not too far where they see a truck they need to take in order to get out. Since the boy is coughing, the girl says she will grab a gun and kill them both but needs a distraction. The boy walks to the other side of this fence, while the girl starts to slowly go closer. She sees a gun on the table, a .44 Magnum, and needs a distraction to get it. She pulls out her phone and calls her brother’s phone, which leads the two Russian soldier to investigate that ringing. The girl runs over and grabs the weapon, and starts to make her way into a position to shoot the Russian solider. She pulls up the gun, shaking a lot, and points it at the head of the attacker. We hear a *bang* and the screen goes black.

Spoiler

zxcsJih.jpg

Ib1r7ny.jpg

8XjXSJS.jpg

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

"It doesn't take the most powerful developers on Earth to make a good COD game. All it takes is the will of a single fan."

What the hell kind of name is Modern Warfare, eh? How'd a muppet like you pass selection?

The SAS are finally back. And England is back . And Price is back. And Ghost is back. Hell, let's bring Gaz and Sheperd back too. Let's bring everyone back.

Edited by JAiME_Asgardian

The guys at EasyAllies witnessed two campaign missions and a ton of details about how the story and graphics are going places the series has never been. Brad and Ben get the specifics from Brandon, including some scenes that are bound to stir up controversy, and FPS updates we'd like other games to start doing.

Brandon said that the two missions shown are kinda disgusting, and that IW seems to be going into a "is this okay" territory.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie the last time I was interested in COD it was in MW3. Excited to see where this is headed though and I may possibly give this one a shot once I see how fans and people react to this game after release. If they bring back some form of tactical missions or spec missions even  I'd say I'm already 75% sold. 

The trailer was good, but I don't understand why everyone is hyped since we haven't even seen any gameplay yet. No season pass seems good, but this is Activision we're talking about. Some of the members of Respawn returned to Infinity Ward, so maybe we'll see something that can live up to MW and MW2, but I'm skeptical, more-so because there hasn't been a great CoD since Black Ops. Even if the game does turn out good, I'll wait to pick it up a few months in to make sure it doesn't suffer the same problems as Black Ops 4 did after launch.

• Like 1

Damn this is a game that I actually want to get early on instead of waiting a year or 2 for the price to go down since it looks so good. I hope they add some sort of Spec Ops mode like MW2 and 3 since those were pretty fun after completing the main campaign.

• Like 1

Oh bloody hell kids, calm down. How many times are you going to fall for a simple trailer? All being existed about no session passes, so that means you aren't going to be getting your DLC as a bundle and will need to pay for them separately. They didn't say they aren't doing DLC did they? Also calling it Modern Warfare also feels tacked on, I mean when haven't they used a previous instalment to sell a game? We are on Black Ops 4 currently for fuck sake. I'm not hating on any who are happy about this, but there is a reason why I stopped playing theses games when I did. Haven't been giving a reason to go back yet, saying it has a "new" engine and not having a session pass isn't quite good enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

The trailer was good, but I don't understand why everyone is hyped since we haven't even seen any gameplay yet. No season pass seems good, but this is Activision we're talking about. Some of the members of Respawn returned to Infinity Ward, so maybe we'll see something that can live up to MW and MW2, but I'm skeptical, more-so because there hasn't been a great CoD since Black Ops. Even if the game does turn out good, I'll wait to pick it up a few months in to make sure it doesn't suffer the same problems as Black Ops 4 did after launch.

Everyone is hyped because it's modern warfare, lol.

And saying their hasn't been a good cod since BO1 is a lie. MW3 and BO2 are amazing in their own right as was AW, BO3 and even IW if you like futuristic combat. People latch onto a bandwagon of "everything b4 this was great" when in reality it just comes down to what style of play you prefer. It's all personal preference at the end of the day and if you said "I THINK there hasn't been a great cod since black ops" then that would be alot more grounded.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KaiserVendrix said:

Oh bloody hell kids, calm down. How many times are you going to fall for a simple trailer? All being existed about no session passes, so that means you aren't going to be getting your DLC as a bundle and will need to pay for them separately. They didn't say they aren't doing DLC did they? Also calling it Modern Warfare also feels tacked on, I mean when haven't they used a previous instalment to sell a game? We are on Black Ops 4 currently for fuck sake. I'm not hating on any who are happy about this, but there is a reason why I stopped playing theses games when I did. Haven't been giving a reason to go back yet, saying it has a "new" engine and not having a session pass isn't quite good enough.

They already said post launch content is all free. And even if they wanted to use Modern Warfare as a selling point, why not? The whole point of a business is to sell products and appeal those products to consumers. Unlike Black Ops, the Modern Warfare title hasn't been diminished yet, so I say use it all you want Infinity Ward. Make COD great again. (bring back ghost xd)

Edited by JAiME_Asgardian

Two editions are up on GameStop.

The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Precision Edition is $99.99 and includes the following:

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game
  • Steelbook
  • KontrolFreek Modern Warfare branded Performance Thumbsticks
  • KontrolFreek Modern Warfare branded Controller Skin
  • Custom In-game Tactical Knife
  • “All Ghillied Up” Operator Pack
  • “Crew Expendable” Operator Pack
  • “War Pig” Operator Pack
  • C.O.D.E. Animated Calling Card

Then there’s the Dark Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and that costs $199. But GameStop’s website has no additional details on what the edition is or what it includes beyond the Precision Edition content.

• Screen-Shot-2019-05-30-at-1.56.57-PM-102
  • Screen-Shot-2019-05-30-at-1.56.52-PM-102
Edited by Ghost

3 minutes ago, JAiME_Asgardian said:

Everyone is hyped because it's modern warfare, lol.

And saying their hasn't been a good cod since BO1 is a lie. MW3 and BO2 are amazing in their own right as was AW, BO3 and even IW if you like futuristic combat. People latch onto a bandwagon of "everything b4 this was great" when in reality it just comes down to what style of play you prefer. It's all personal preference at the end of the day and if you said "I THINK there hasn't been a great cod since black ops" then that would be alot more grounded.

Aren't you latching on to a bandwagon right now by saying it's MW? I didn't think I needed to explicitly state that it's my opinion that there hasn't been a great CoD since Black Ops. That being said, the majority of people dislike Ghosts and Infinite Warfare and MW3 was considered a disappointment after what we got with MW2. I love Modern Warfare with MW2 being my favourite in the franchise and MW being the one that really pulled me into CoD, but I'm not going to just give into the hype for a developer that hasn't delivered with it's past 3 games. 

I admit, it's sounding good so far. :hmm: However I haven't heard/seen near enough to make me want to pre-order it yet, there's been far too many screw-ups with this series lately, so I'm going to be extra cautious with this. ?

That name tough... What's the next one going to be called, Modern Warfare 2? :facepalm: 

It looks good, seems like they listened to the fans, people who played it say this is the most realistic depiction of war thus far, shocking liveleak tier footage etc, so judging from that child with the gas mask we'll probably get something similar to the Ghouta chemical attack if I had to guess, still waiting for them to show gameplay but it looks very promising ?

Edited by panikooooos
  • Like 1