Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reveal Trailer (October 25, 2019)

si2m0vc2wd131.jpg?width=854&auto=webp&s=2baa2ef800a0fcd7bc0cd30c5c2f466d04ef2ad2

More detail about that:

Spoiler

One part of the game you play as a child in a playground with dead children around.

Also the scene I described above isn't even the most controversial part of the game..

Campaign talk begins at the 10 minute mark:

Edited by Ghost

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Aren't you latching on to a bandwagon right now by saying it's MW? I didn't think I needed to explicitly state that it's my opinion that there hasn't been a great CoD since Black Ops. That being said, the majority of people dislike Ghosts and Infinite Warfare and MW3 was considered a disappointment after what we got with MW2. I love Modern Warfare with MW2 being my favourite in the franchise and MW being the one that really pulled me into CoD, but I'm not going to just give into the hype for a developer that hasn't delivered with it's past 3 games. 

Yes, it is Modern Warfare. How is that a bandwagon?

And to say Infinity Ward did a horrible job on Infinite Warfare is an understatement. In my opinion, Infinite Warfare was actually good. The campaign was fun, and the multiplayer was pretty smooth, with contracts/grinding that would keep you engaged to free dlc guns to a great movement system. It was a game released at the wrong time, and I don't think it's IWs fault. People were fed up of futuristic combat by the time IW rolled around and having the game being developed the past 3 years, how would have they had known?

As for Ghosts, it's just the MP that is hated really. Imo, Campaign had a good story and a fun combat system. As for Extinction , that was a great addition. I really enjoyed Extinction for what it was. It was something new and to be honest, I like it way better than Zombies.

Finally, with MW3, which also is my favourite COD, IW couldn't win. MW2 was so loved that you couldn't really make a sequel that fans wouldn't complain about. If you made it completely different to MW2, people would criticise it. If it was familiar, people would criticise it. Making something fans love then taking that and making a sequel never ends well. MW3 is now one of the most loved CODs and I think launch affected the game severely, just like IW. Also bare in mind the fact about the Respawn Developers leaving, this just dragged MW3 down.

Finally, number one rule for me is criticism triumphs over compliments. More people are likely to voice how bad something is than how good something is. I bet their was millions of people sitting down enjoying MW3, Ghosts or IW and the fact is people who disliked it were more likely to go out and write a review on why it sucks or not. I generally think their was alot of people who enjoyed MW3, Ghosts and IW but I think it just comes down to nostalgia and popular opinion. Hence why I think MW2 is if not one of the most popular CODs. My first COD was MW3, and even if it's not the same for everyone, it introduced me to COD and because of that nostalgia with the game and all those fun memories, not only is it my favourite but just like nearly everyone else IW annoyed me because it was way different to what I was used to in Infinity Ward and COD in general, leading me and many others to get blinded by nostalgia and hate it, wanting to get rid of futuristic combat. But now nearly 2 years later I've come to realise IW wasn't all that bad and really was a well developed game. I've hurt my hand typing this since I'm using my PS4 browser so I'm not gonna talk any longer for now but I thought I'd just bring my point across. Thank ya, lol.

Edited by JAiME_Asgardian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Melty said:

I hope they bring Gaz & Briggs back they were funny as hell

Yup, their all back. It's a new canon and reboot. All the characters that died have been brought back and they're starting from the beginning again as if the first trilogy never happened.

Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) is also a protagonist

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AK-1138 said:

Would it have killed them to just be flat honest and name it Call of Money: The Search for More Money?

Nice Spaceballs reference. Give it a little more time and I'm sure your comment will be hearted. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

No season pass? What's the catch?

The Black Market will be massive then. Any awesome outfits in the game will be microtransactions, same with weapon variants etc.

I doubt it'll mean anything from a trophy hunting standpoint, but for people who play for fun and like cool cosmetics...it definitely will.

1 hour ago, JAiME_Asgardian said:

Yes, it is Modern Warfare. How is that a bandwagon?

You mentioned how people latch onto a bandwagon by blindly saying something like "everything before this was great". You're doing something similar by getting hyped about this game due to its name alone. Sure you got a cool trailer, but what do you really know about the game? And it's not about what you or I thought about these previous CoDs. The general consensus was that people disliked them and they paled in comparison to their predecessors. We wouldn't even be getting this game if those titles were a success. And I don't think MW2's success and praise to this day is simply because of nostalgia. It improved upon the formula established by MW significantly. None of the CoD's that followed really managed to improve upon or reinvent the formula to the same degree.

21 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

You mentioned how people latch onto a bandwagon by blindly saying something like "everything before this was great". You're doing something similar by getting hyped about this game due to its name alone. Sure you got a cool trailer, but what do you really know about the game? And it's not about what you or I thought about these previous CoDs. The general consensus was that people disliked them and they paled in comparison to their predecessors. We wouldn't even be getting this game if those titles were a success. And I don't think MW2's success and praise to this day is simply because of nostalgia. It improved upon the formula established by MW significantly. None of the CoD's that followed really managed to improve upon or reinvent the formula to the same degree.

When did I ever say I got hyped by the name alone?

I could go on forever so I'm gonna make it short. 2008-9 was a different era for gaming compared to todays standards, it's much harder to reinvent a formula that people won't criticise. Every COD game invented and brought something new to the table that people enjoyed that haven't happened since, MW3 Elite DLC, BO1 COD Points etc, but that's irrelevant. Alot of people who played MW2 most likely didn't even play CoD4. We can't represent peoples thoughts and opinions, but I strongly believe people loved MW2 so much that they can't really accept another to be better. BO2 is a big competitor in that range. Since so many people from those days hate the futuristic games people are gonna see that as the right opinion and latch onto that, hence why IW got so many dislikes. 

"Failure the greatest teacher is"

Infinity Ward learn from their mistakes and have ever since CoD4.

7 minutes ago, JAiME_Asgardian said:

When did I ever say I got hyped by the name alone?

I could go on forever so I'm gonna make it short. 2008-9 was a different era for gaming compared to todays standards, it's much harder to reinvent a formula that people won't criticise. Every COD game invented and brought something new to the table that people enjoyed that haven't happened since, MW3 Elite DLC, BO1 COD Points etc, but that's irrelevant. Alot of people who played MW2 most likely didn't even play CoD4. We can't represent peoples thoughts and opinions, but I strongly believe people loved MW2 so much that they can't really accept another to be better. BO2 is a big competitor in that range. Since so many people from those days hate the futuristic games people are gonna see that as the right opinion and latch onto that, hence why IW got so many dislikes. 

"Failure the greatest teacher is"

Infinity Ward learn from their mistakes and have ever since CoD4.

The very first thing you said to me in your first response was "everyone is hyped because it's modern warfare lol". That's where all the hype is coming from, the name. I suppose you could say the trailer too, but I doubt the hype would have been this great if it were Ghosts 2 or something along those lines. 

I don't think it's become harder to create games that improve upon their predecessors even by today's standards. Even looking at BO2, there are a lot of people that prefer it over MW2, so it's not like MW2 has become the be all end all. The problem with CoD in particular is Activision's desire to make a new CoD every year, which of course stems from their greed. Look at Assassin's Creed, a lot of people, even among those that have played the past games, love the new ones. Ubisoft was able to take a step back, reevaluate, and offer something that changed the formula with fans both new and old able to get behind it.

I disagree with Infinity Ward learning from their mistakes because their games have gone downhill since MW2 (also because some of their talent went on to form Respawn). I suppose at this point you can say they're trying to learn from their failures by releasing this, but only time will tell if they've really learned anything considering we don't know much about the game. Overall, I hope that they can make something great, but I'm skeptical because it's still Activision we're talking about and Infinity Ward has failed to impress for quite some time.

Sounds great, haven’t seen a video game depict war in a realistic way since spec ops the line. I don’t quite understand why people love to hate on cod. Most cod games have some good campaigns, gameplay is top notch when it comes to first person shooters and the multiplayer can be fun until you start getting plowed by smgs with high rate of fire. 

Edited by NaseemJohn

43 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

The very first thing you said to me in your first response was "everyone is hyped because it's modern warfare lol". That's where all the hype is coming from, the name. I suppose you could say the trailer too, but I doubt the hype would have been this great if it were Ghosts 2 or something along those lines. 

I don't think it's become harder to create games that improve upon their predecessors even by today's standards. Even looking at BO2, there are a lot of people that prefer it over MW2, so it's not like MW2 has become the be all end all. The problem with CoD in particular is Activision's desire to make a new CoD every year, which of course stems from their greed. Look at Assassin's Creed, a lot of people, even among those that have played the past games, love the new ones. Ubisoft was able to take a step back, reevaluate, and offer something that changed the formula with fans both new and old able to get behind it.

I disagree with Infinity Ward learning from their mistakes because their games have gone downhill since MW2 (also because some of their talent went on to form Respawn). I suppose at this point you can say they're trying to learn from their failures by releasing this, but only time will tell if they've really learned anything considering we don't know much about the game. Overall, I hope that they can make something great, but I'm skeptical because it's still Activision we're talking about and Infinity Ward has failed to impress for quite some time.

Modern Warfare as set in the Modern Warfare setting and a soft reboot connection to the franchise. I agree that COD should take the route of having a well planned, thought out game every 2 or 3 years. 

MW3 fixed all of MW2's mistakes imo, apart from the noob tubes and the stupid death streaks. With Ghosts, I'm honestly not sure what their was to fix from MW3, did Ghosts even have death streaks? If they didn't, that's another fix. 

Ghosts, specifically the MP, had alot of mistakes I can't defend, but the difference is these weren't established features in previous games. Infinite Warfare fixed all of Ghosts main problems as far as I'm aware, IW just got unlucky with the futuristic combat hate train.

And now MW has fixed the futuristic and dlc problems. I haven't been as intrigued by a cod since AW and MWR, this game seems completely different. I'm hopeful, but I understand the sceptical side of things. 

5 hours ago, JAiME_Asgardian said:

MW3 and BO2 are amazing in their own right as was AW, BO3 and even IW if you like futuristic combat.

I agree. BO2 & 3 are my favorites of the series... if there's a bad thing about that, it's that it I took BO4's leaving out the campaign a lot harder. IW is seriously underrated. Its futuristic combat is something the series needed for a change. The space scenes give it something you don't see in the others. I don't get why this one didn't meet Activision's sales expectation.

One thing I'd like someday is to see the Ghosts cliffhanger resolved. Not necessarily in a Ghosts 2, but maybe have some sort of tie-in with another CoD subseries.

Spoiler

Specifically, Logan's fate. With Logan being captured by Rorke, maybe have another CoD game send you out to rescue him in one of the missions. Another possibility would be having Logan successfully brainwashed by Rorke, meaning you'd have to fight him.

MW 2019 looks good so far. After passing on the last 2 CoDs, this is one I'll likely get.

Edited by gameoverDude189
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

I agree. BO2 & 3 are my favorites of the series... if there's a bad thing about that, it's that it I took BO4's leaving out the campaign a lot harder. IW is seriously underrated. Its futuristic combat is something the series needed for a change. The space scenes give it something you don't see in the others. I don't get why this one didn't meet Activision's sales expectation.

One thing I'd like someday is to see the Ghosts cliffhanger resolved. Not necessarily in a Ghosts 2, but maybe have some sort of tie-in with another CoD subseries.

Hide contents

Specifically, Logan's fate. With Logan being captured by Rorke, maybe have another CoD game send you out to rescue him in one of the missions. Another possibility would be having Logan successfully brainwashed by Rorke, meaning you'd have to fight him.

It'd be cool if somehow the new MW game and Ghosts were connected but ik that's a dumb idea. I'm not sure who the villain could be, makarov, zakhaev or sheperd would be too predictable. Will he/she be a completely new character? Who knows.

13 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Reveal hidden contents

MW 2019 looks good so far. After passing on the last 2 CoDs, this is one I'll likely get.

I wanna know too.. Ghosts campaign was awesome. Extinction mode was fun as hell with friends.

3 minutes ago, JAiME_Asgardian said:

It'd be cool if somehow the new MW game and Ghosts were connected but ik that's a dumb idea. I'm not sure who the villain could be, makarov, zakhaev or sheperd would be too predictable. Will he/she be a completely new character? Who knows.

I'm feeling that they should go with a new character for the enemy leader. Surprise us.

37 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Sounds great, haven’t seen a video game depict war in a realistic way since spec ops the line. I don’t quite understand why people love to hate on cod. Most cod games have some good campaigns, gameplay is top notch when it comes to first person shooters and the multiplayer can be fun until you start getting plowed by smgs with high rate of fire. 

The hate is towards Activision.  

I can't wait to see what kind of predatory practices they have for this one.... I've even preordered some popcorn. 

You're telling me there's a FPS games that has a story that appears to have serious attention paid to it with character development and good pacing that appears to take itself seriously? That literally hasn't happened in so many years and I've been craving this for so long. I am absolutely getting this game  =D

Edited by BlindMango

Likely will get this one since I did like Modernwarfare 1 & 2 haven't played 3 yet and skipped the last two call of duty games and think the last one I actually played was Advanced Warfare or something even though I did buy Black Ops III and Infinite warfare haven't gotten around to playing those yet either.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/05/30/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-impressions-taking-war-in-a-frightening-direction/

A writer for Venture Beat is moaning about CoD MW, saying it takes war in a frightening direction & that it shouldn't be made.

Hey now, this is a war game... & Infinity Ward deserves kudos for refusing to sugarcoat it to a PG-13 level. My faith in gaming journalists is near zero. Stories like this one sure don't help it at all.